Streacom F12C

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
Does anyone have a Streacom F12C chassis or build in one? In other words, experience with the chassis.

https://streacom.com/products/f12c-chassis/

Considering a MATX build in one. I'm wondering how solid the chassis is and if the Streacom mounting solutions are solid enough for the weight of slim rads with two fans?

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
They have images of radiators (2 locations) mounted, so I don't see why it wouldn't be durable enough.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Oct 28, 2018
They have images of radiators (2 locations) mounted, so I don't see why it wouldn't be durable enough.

I noticed that. I was wondering more about the actual mounts not the chassis itself. A Hardware Labs radiator full of water is fairly heavy. Just because they make em, doesn't necessarily mean they are the cat's meow. That's where my mind is.

Reactions: el01

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
I noticed that. I was wondering more about the actual mounts not the chassis itself. A Hardware Labs radiator full of water is fairly heavy. Just because they make em, doesn't necessarily mean they are the cat's meow. That's where my mind is.
I'm pretty sure the fan brackets are 1mm thick steel/aluminium. Considering the tension that the 4mm of aluminium will put on a (potentially bending) bracket, there shouldn't be too many problems.

Also, the fan brackets look to be of the same material as the drive mounting brackets, which can have one end screwed in and support a drive perfectly. The weight of a radiator spread across more material shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Some reference:

Reactions: Questors