Production Steck v2.0 - Minimalist, Stackable, Sandwich Style SFF Case. Up to 3x slot GPU [325mm (L)]

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
I like how in it's smallest form, it's likely the most optimized for air cooling. The T1 one could have been slightly smaller if it did the same. One thing to consider based on the Dan A4 and the fan under the mobo, with mobos like the asus z590i vs the asus x570i the location of the 8pin CPU cable might get in the way of the fan because the clip is lower than the board. I've seen the clip shaved off or you have to use another board that has it the pin in the corner (x570i) or maybe use the 12mm fan. Based on the render, the corner 8pin looks ok.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
just found this thread, Was a v1 steck owner. Gave to a friend, but looking forward to this venture =)

EDIT: Is there an update on dimensions and volume?
Will announce the dimensions once finalized in pre-production stage. It will be slightly larger than Steck v1, height taller by 2x15mm, length longer to support 325mm GPU, and width will be similar

Last edited:

shiftycaps

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020
Where will be the planned Type C slot be placed in the front panel? This will be a nice extra feature to have especially for those with older motherboards! Thanks for considering this.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Where will be the planned Type C slot be placed in the front panel? This will be a nice extra feature to have especially for those with older motherboards! Thanks for considering this.
It was originally planned, but was removed in final design. It can get in the way of tubing routing (liquid cooling) or components in custom build. Will take a look again at the actual spacing after the first prototype.

If any, the port can be placed in the top panel as well, and the internal cable can be less in the way of other components.

proficide

Chassis Packer
Jun 7, 2021
Creator's Log

[2021-05-31]
Technical drawings + demonstration
  • Support for top/bottom top hat expansion (30mm height radiators)
  • Tempered glass side panels
  • Support 2.3x / 3x GPU slots
  • Push-pull air flow (bottom to top), with 15mm air intake feet gap

As usual I will be looking to give out 10 units to SFFF community. Invitation will be sent out to some and you are also welcome to submit your request. Please note that I would appreciate if there could be more in depth review and feedback from these units (with photos of your builds), so to help me improve in future updates.

You know what, I could not have incorporated all these improvements in this latest version without previous feedback from the SFF community. I really pushed hard to include as many of you suggestions as possible. And guess it is apparent that there has not been much extra feedback for this latest version, at least on paper, it ticks most of the boxes 😉

Lets get this new version kicking. I am very excited about this latest version. I think it will be so much more refined and premium class, and I hope you will feel the same when you get your hands on to one 🙏
Can you add support for the mini dtx asus board? It’s 1 inch longer at the bottom, other than that it’s almost the same as itx.

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
you need 82mm clearance on the GPU side for the SO.DIMM card. that makes the case too big
And also will only support DTX when more of those are in the market. So far haven't seen many out there, not seen any photo post in this forum or reddit, literally can only find one result from googling, ASUS Crosshair VIII IMPACT.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
Will announce the dimensions once finalized in pre-production stage. It will be slightly larger than Steck v1, height taller by 2x15mm, length longer to support 325mm GPU, and width will be similar
Hopefully it'll be under 9 Liters!

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
And also will only support DTX when more of those are in the market. So far haven't seen many out there, not seen any photo post in this forum or reddit, literally can only find one result from googling, ASUS Crosshair VIII IMPACT.
supposedly Wahaha has some collaboration to bring more mDTX boards to market but COVID shot that to hell LOL

• Sad
Reactions: Arboreal

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
This new version seems pretty. Will it be in the same steel material or anodized aluminum?
External will definitely be in Al (same as ver 1.x), some parts of internals maybe in steel for better strength. But will try to use as much Al as possible to keep the weight down (buyer will be paying for the weight in terms of shipping cost)

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
[2021-06-08] Update
  • Prototype (1st) complete
  • Base / air cooling config photo shoot (liquid cooling to come later)
  • Minor adjustment before tooling and pre-production
  • External size & dimensions finalized
Dimensions: (L) 343mm (total: with 12mm rear recessed portion) x (W) 156mm x (H) 228mm (+15mm feet)
Volume: 11.8L (actual space to fit components, excluding rear recessed portion and feet)
GPU length support: should fit up to 330mm, but will announce officially support up to 325mm

stacked-angled-close-500.jpg stacked-top1-close-500.jpg
base-angled-cpu-500.jpg base-angled-gpu-500.jpg
base-side-cpu-500.jpg base-side-gpu-500.jpg
base-top1-cpu-500.jpg base-top1-gpu-500.jpg

Last edited:

Stinkybear

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Looks like the PSU still has some room forward for FE cards or folk who tape a 2.5 ssd behind the PSU. Does the PSU go heigher? It looks like there's enough room for it to go higher and either have more room for cables or an sfx-l. Personally, I might mod that top rail for a 25mm fan.

Reactions: Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
11.8 Liters? That seems a bit on the big side. But anyway nice work.
Additional of ~1.6-2.0L can be attributed to:
  • Supports 4x chassis fans (+0.9L approx.)
  • Supports up to 325mm length cards (+0.7L approx.)
  • Proper support for tall graphics card [150mm (H)] (+0.5L approx.)
  • Support for Aquanaut (water block / pump combo) with good pump height clearance (55mm approx.)
  • Ample spacing for custom loop tube routing
The increase in volume provides best in class thermals (on paper) and graphics card support (formd t1 supports up to 312mm only and its update is getting bigger also 😉 ). Have read many feedbacks about t1 having trouble closing the lids (side or top 😅)

This case is aimed to be build friendly for most people 😃 , based on past experiences with SFF from different brands.

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Looks like the PSU still has some room forward for FE cards or folk who tape a 2.5 ssd behind the PSU. Does the PSU go heigher? It looks like there's enough room for it to go higher and either have more room for cables or an sfx-l. Personally, I might mod that top rail for a 25mm fan.
Yes, there is about 24mm room above the PSU (plus ~18mm for the power adapter). It is intended to allow room for AIO/custom loop tube routing (from the GPU side). Want more room underneath? Anyway I will post more photos with AIO cooling, and you may have better idea how much room is left with tubes filling up the space also 😉

The space behind the PSU is for cable routing and management. There will be two different size PSU brackets, for 3 GPU slots, the space behind the PSU will be smaller.

Last edited: