Prototype Steck v2.0 - Minimalist, Stackable, Sandwich Style SFF Case. Supports GPU 2.3/3x slots & 325mm(L)

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Looks like the PSU still has some room forward for FE cards or folk who tape a 2.5 ssd behind the PSU. Does the PSU go heigher? It looks like there's enough room for it to go higher and either have more room for cables or an sfx-l. Personally, I might mod that top rail for a 25mm fan.
There is a 2.5 ssd mounting bracket next to the PSU (near the front).

And I have double checked, formd t1 as an example, its PSU mount is moved towards one end to make room for rad tubing but that only allows the rad to fit at one end. It is ok for t1 as it is designed with rad at fixed position, whereas Steck allows rad top and/or bottom, and needs to have room at both ends for tubing. (refer to image, see how the tube is bent back even with PSU right at the bottom, but there could have been more room if the rad and fans are swapped around).

Last edited:

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Were you able to do some rough thermal testing under the prototype case?
I probably won't have the time, still got tons of work to do to be ready for launch. And as with all my other products I would rather have the community to chip in with test results, for less controversies. If physics holds, I am quite confident that thermals will be decent, simply by the push-pull fans and much more vent holes than before.

My plan is to take my time to enjoy the build as an enthusiast after it is launched 😂 (if I can afford a GPU by then)