Oops. SSUPD accidentally leaked their Meshroom D case onto the web. While the initial leak has been taken down, the page has been archived and you can CLICK HERE to see it.

So let's dig into the design. The Meshroom D is listed as 15.28 liters in volume, and comes in two colors of Fossil Gray and Peacock Blue. The renders show an NCASE M1 style design complete with three PCI slots, rear exhaust fan, and traditional GPU mounting. The internal caging also show space for a side mount radiator that is likely 280mm. I'm not quite sure how the PSU mounts, but it likely exhausts out the top. Obviously, the entire unit is mesh. Based on the rear of the case, there doesn't appear to be room for top mounted exhaust fans.

If SSUPD releases the case without top exhaust, it could be a critical mistake as the GeForce 4000 series is rumored to be pushing 400 watts on the high end, and both AMD and Intel consumer CPUs will be pulling 200 to 300 watts as well. That's a huge amount of heat to cope with, and mesh alone doesn't fix it. Next to me, I have a Meshlicious with a 12900K and RTX 3080. If I want the CPU to run under 100C, I have to have the fans as intake. By doing so, my GPU often hits 85C and throttles down. If I reverse the airflow of the AIO and use it as an exhaust, my GPU sits at 75C, but my CPU hits 100C and throttles down. The mesh alone doesn't solve this issue.

SSUPD, if you're reading this, please put top exhausts on this case or offer a tophat/loft extensions for 120/140mm x 30mm exhaust fans. Yes, I said 30mm thick because of the new Phanteks fans. Ideally, I would want to use the side mounted radiator as an intake, and a top and rear exhaust in a negative pressure setup to clear the AIO and GPU heat. SSUPD are you there? Hello? At some point, I'm just going to have to design my own case...

Reactions: Mark13 and Phuncz

lordzorg

Trash Compacter
Oct 27, 2019
I wish more cases came out with dual 240mm / 280mm rad support. The days of single 240mm / 280mm are over.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
I just can't get behind the mesh craze. Maybe it's me cutting my teeth on old school Lian Li cases back in the day, but damn, what happened to perforated aluminum panels?

Reactions: rfarmer

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
I just can't get behind the mesh craze. Maybe it's me cutting my teeth on old school Lian Li cases back in the day, but damn, what happened to perforated aluminum panels?
It's a compromise between a flat surface (cosmetic, pretty apparently) and a perforated surface (functional, ugly apparently). Let's not forget the trend a few years ago was solid panels (steel, aluminium or glass) and some gaps where air must somehow squeeze through. I'm sure cost also is a factor.

Reactions: rfarmer

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Original poster
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
I keep reading it as mushroom. I have a problem.

Mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom mushroom ....

It's a compromise between a flat surface (cosmetic, pretty apparently) and a perforated surface (functional, ugly apparently). Let's not forget the trend a few years ago was solid panels (steel, aluminium or glass) and some gaps where air must somehow squeeze through. I'm sure cost also is a factor.

I actually am not a fan of a lot of these mesh designs. Proper airflow can be done without mesh panels so long as panel gaps allow for proper airflow. Also the mesh cases get filthy fast and are a pain in the case to clean.