Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
@Alloy Craft When mounted vertically, what is the best orientation for the unit? I assume inlet and outlet are best at the top or facing right so the outlet is at the top still.

Also, is there room for the pump cable on your Z590-I board when the pump heatsink opening is facing the VRM heatsink? Is the logo orientation set, in relation to the cable opening, for production?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
So if you placed an order and are in the USA, you will be getting a refund when I ship.
I am in Germany, shipping is $70, priority shipping $85. Maybe it is just that expensive, don't know where it ships from. Does that include taxes and customs?
I did ship one of the beta units to Gucks tv in Germany, and I think it was $41, but that was in a small flat rate box, the unit barley fit inside. I have not ordered the packaging yet. I will try shrink the box I am using to see if I can lower the shipping on the international orders.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
@Alloy Craft When mounted vertically, what is the best orientation for the unit? I assume inlet and outlet are best at the top or facing right so the outlet is at the top still.

Also, is there room for the pump cable on your Z590-I board when the pump heatsink opening is facing the VRM heatsink? Is the logo orientation set, in relation to the cable opening, for production?
The pump orientation is not critical, a centrifugal pump can operate in any orientation after it is primed. However for bleeding purposes the outlet/inlet in the up direction will be easier. On my Z590-I board there is room between the VRM heatsink for a cable, that is were I am running mine now. the logo orientation is set at this point, all the heatsinks are already machined.

Reactions: cps_goodbuy

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Nice to see the LOBO hitting the market. But damn, the shipping is mad expensive.
State of the world at the moment, unfortunately.

The costs of almost all materials and services have skyrocketed in the last couple of years, thanks to COVID screwing it for everyone. Shipping industry has been hit particularly hard, and is likely to get worse before it gets better now thanks to war in Ukraine impacting fuel costs (and probably routes? idk).

Reactions: sos and Valantar

Levvi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 20, 2020
I've been watching this project from the shadows. cant wait to order one, however shipping costs to Canada is the only thing that's making me hesitate.

ziggehh

Chassis Packer
Jun 16, 2020
Oh man, I've been following this project since the beginning and have been delaying my build to secure this block but I don't think I can justify over 100 usd in shipping. If there's anyone else from Australia who is keen to do a group buy, let me know!

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
@Alloy Craft if shipping is causing you grief you can come over here and use our rates, just pay us back for it.
Thanks Kalhin, I appreciate it.

Notes on Shipping.

1. I am offering free shipping in the continental USA so if you placed and order inside the USA, you will be receiving a shipping refund when I ship these.

2. Box size has been reduced slightly, you may want to run through the check out again to see if shipping cost has improved.

3. I have added a lower cost option for international shipping. First class international package, it is very slow but is cost effective.

4. If you are outside of the USA you might want to try one of two things to help with shipping cost. 1. Check with freight forwarders in the USA to see if they can help since my shipping to them would be free. 2. If you can find another person locally that wants a LOBO, you can split the shipping cost. Cost to ship 2 units in one box is just slightly more than shipping one.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Thanks Kalhin, I appreciate it.

Notes on Shipping.

1. I am offering free shipping in the continental USA so if you placed and order inside the USA, you will be receiving a shipping refund when I ship these.

2. Box size has been reduced slightly, you may want to run through the check out again to see if shipping cost has improved.

3. I have added a lower cost option for international shipping. First class international package, it is very slow but is cost effective.

4. If you are outside of the USA you might want to try one of two things to help with shipping cost. 1. Check with freight forwarders in the USA to see if they can help since my shipping to them would be free. 2. If you can find another person locally that wants a LOBO, you can split the shipping cost. Cost to ship 2 units in one box is just slightly more than shipping one.
I already ordered and payed, shipped to Germany.
Since shipping rates reduced and I don't like feeding fees to PayPal, could you just bump up shipping to priority instead?

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
Hi all, great to see that this has now gone into pre-orders! I don't have a pump in mind for this as yet, would the emitter heatsink be useful to allow heat from any pump to be emitted as well as dumped into the coolant, or is it more for a specific use case of acetal/acrylic?

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
$88 USD shipping to Australia 😮💨

Any fellow Kangaroo-Jacks want to split shipping?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Hi all, great to see that this has now gone into pre-orders! I don't have a pump in mind for this as yet, would the emitter heatsink be useful to allow heat from any pump to be emitted as well as dumped into the coolant, or is it more for a specific use case of acetal/acrylic?
The emitter can be used with acrylic and plastic pump housings to help keep the pump cool. It will not conduct any heat into the coolant unless you are using a solid metal pump housing. If using with a solid metal pump housing it should offer the highest level of pump cooling.

Reactions: sos