Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
That's great that you were able to get it to sit even shorter than the beta units.
Looking forward to seeing what the heatsinks look like...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if there was a discount to the beta testers btw... :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
@Alloy Craft, do you have a line on g1/8 fittings? Maybe something that connects to a smaller than typical water-cooling tube?

I can find g1/8 to g1/4 adapters but I have a feeling that they're not going to fit between the actual inlet and outlet fittings. I'm hoping to run a tube into the fill port to act as a res but struggling to find compatible fittings.

JDuval

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 8, 2020
Found what I need at Tameson - thanks!

Pricing on these fittings (less than $2USD) make me pretty upset about PC water-cooling fitting prices lol.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Finally got the black back from paint. Looks good, but the paint shows every defect and piece of dirt that gets into it. Also the gloss level is a little bit too high. So I don't think I am going to offer this color unless there is some interest.

Also the addition of 8 fins on the cold plate netted us a 2 degree C reduction in temps during Cinebench. All production units will have the increased fin count.

With the setup you see below I saw around 58 degrees C temperature reduction on the pump pcb vs the stock Laing plastic housing.

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Finally got the black back from paint. Looks good, but the paint shows every defect and piece of dirt that gets into it. Also the gloss level is a little bit too high. So I don't think I am going to offer this color unless there is some interest.

Also the addition of 8 fins on the cold plate netted us a 2 degree C reduction in temps during Cinebench. All production units will have the increased fin count.

With the setup you see below I saw around 58 degrees C temperature reduction on the pump pcb vs the stock Laing plastic housing.
Hnnggghhh, I want that Lobo setup so bad. What's the ETA for production / 'retail' orders?

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
I'll probably be buying @Pallaf's beta unit, @Alloy Craft what are the recommended pump, heatsink, fitting options?

::EDIT::
I've found two main options available locally:
- Bysksi B-PMD3-X PUMP ~$99AUD
- EKWB EK-DDC 3.2 PWM ~$216AUD

Are these compatible? And if so, is the performance / noise profile of the EK worth more than double the price?

::EDIT2:: Looks like I can get an EK Loop DDC 4.2 PWM for $169 with acetal top or $115 sans top! That seems to be a go-er if it's compatible?

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Great, thanks! I was 99% sure it was compatible. Looks like I’m getting some sweet Christmas presents (for myself?) this year :p

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
I'll probably be buying @Pallaf's beta unit, @Alloy Craft what are the recommended pump, heatsink, fitting options?

::EDIT::
I've found two main options available locally:
- Bysksi B-PMD3-X PUMP ~$99AUD
- EKWB EK-DDC 3.2 PWM ~$216AUD

Are these compatible? And if so, is the performance / noise profile of the EK worth more than double the price?

::EDIT2:: Looks like I can get an EK Loop DDC 4.2 PWM for $169 with acetal top or $115 sans top! That seems to be a go-er if it's compatible?
I reccomend the Laing DDC pumps, I have tested with those and they work well. There is a seller on ebay selling the non pwm version for $35 right now. I think most DDC pumps on the market are just rebranded Laings, or at least use the laing pcb. I have also tested with the Barrow and it fits as well.

On the heatsink, the Ek Cast heatsink fits as can be seen in Jduval's photos. The larger Ek heatsinks may fit but they may interfere with the tube fittings depending on the size you use. The 2 peice heatsinks fit but don't conduct heat into the block as well as a one piece design. The Modultra version will be avalible late this year.

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
This is an excellent piece of engineering - can't wait to get my hand on at least one for my current build. Just curious: is there likely to be a LGA1700 backplate available in future?

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey! :) As I tried the Alpenföhn Eisbaer LT Solo and Barrow LRC lately, I found out that my project with the new Asus Z690-i Strix Board would need a different cooler:

As I stumbled over your solution, I would love to get such a great looking unit all in black! 😍 LGA 1200/1700 Support would be cool. But I plan on integrating it later into my ongoing Project DARK COLOSSUS with 1080mm SUPERNOVA Radiator and RYZEN (AM4) when the 3D V-Cache Refresh will come out. So would be a swapable mounting kit be available so I can use one cooler for multiple projects or will it be a "one cooler for one specific socket" solution? :) Would love to take a look at your work and feature it on my channel! <3 Looking forward!

Reactions: sos and rfarmer

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
hey! :) As I tried the Alpenföhn Eisbaer LT Solo and Barrow LRC lately, I found out that my project with the new Asus Z690-i Strix Board would need a different cooler:

As I stumbled over your solution, I would love to get such a great looking unit all in black! 😍 LGA 1200/1700 Support would be cool. But I plan on integrating it later into my ongoing Project DARK COLOSSUS with 1080mm SUPERNOVA Radiator and RYZEN (AM4) when the 3D V-Cache Refresh will come out. So would be a swapable mounting kit be available so I can use one cooler for multiple projects or will it be a "one cooler for one specific socket" solution? :) Would love to take a look at your work and feature it on my channel! <3 Looking forward!
I just sent you a message, thanks.

Reactions: GucksTV

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Lol, here I am wondering whether I'll get back home before my beta unit arrives, and checking the tracking it's ... been visiting every postal facility in the greater Los Angeles area for the past week? There are literally 19 updates(!) about it arriving at, being processed at, or departing from various facilities in LA, Compton, Santa Clarita and Bell Gardens. Fingers crossed that they can figure out that Sweden is in fact not in LA some time soon, and can get it moving :p

carlouws

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020
Really looking forward to this project. How is everything going along? Would love to purchase a unit. What's the current ETA?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Really looking forward to this project. How is everything going along? Would love to purchase a unit. What's the current ETA?
Things are moving along slowly. Material is on the way, after that machining starts. Still need to design packaging and about 100 other things to do. Hope to have product ready to ship in late Jan-early Feb. If you are interested, I am taking pre orders at this time. Pre orders include free shipping in the USA.