Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

carlouws

Efficiency Noob
Nov 1, 2020
Things are moving along slowly. Material is on the way, after that machining starts. Still need to design packaging and about 100 other things to do. Hope to have product ready to ship in late Jan-early Feb. If you are interested, I am taking pre orders at this time. Pre orders include free shipping in the USA.
Yeah, I would definitely be interested in a pre-order.

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
Things are moving along slowly. Material is on the way, after that machining starts. Still need to design packaging and about 100 other things to do. Hope to have product ready to ship in late Jan-early Feb. If you are interested, I am taking pre orders at this time. Pre orders include free shipping in the USA.
I would also be interested.

whyamihereimnotsure

Case Bender
New User
Dec 10, 2021
I would very much be interested in this. You can PM me on reddit at this username.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
So I'm working on a way to sweeten the pre order deal. I'm thinking about doing the LOBO metal pump and heatsink combo for $180 shipped in the USA. Deal will include all hardware and thermal interface pad. Colors would be carbon grey and titanium. Sockets would be LGA 115x-1200-1700 or AMD AM4. I will post some more info soon, still working out some of the details.

Sen

Trash Compacter
Mar 1, 2020
sen.lol
So I'm working on a way to sweeten the pre order deal. I'm thinking about doing the LOBO metal pump and heatsink combo for $180 shipped in the USA. Deal will include all hardware and thermal interface pad. Colors would be carbon grey and titanium. Sockets would be LGA 115x-1200-1700 or AMD AM4. I will post some more info soon, still working out some of the details.
Hot hot hot, just stumbled onto this thread and I am loving what you are doing. I'm currently using an EK-AIO but think I might want to move to something more custom. This is a gorgeous piece of hardware.

Would you ship to the UK?

spdfrek

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Finished all my bench testing with various blocks and stuff, and finally have all my parts here. Lobo is now in its new home!

CPU : delidded 10900k

GPU: 3080ti fe

Thermal paste: noctua nt-h2

Is GPU in loop or air cooled?: loop, ekwb special edition

Case: Sliger Cerberus

Motherboard: Msi z490i unify

Motherboard socket: lga 1200

Power supply: seasonic Px-850

Radiator/s: hardware labs gtr 280

Fans: phanteks t30 w/noctua adapters

Fan speed: 3k, under full load stress testing

Loop tubing specification, size, hard or soft: ekwb zmt 10/16, soft

Type of coolant used: distilled water

Pump used: swiftech mcp35x

Pump speed: 3k at stress testing temps, drops to 1500 at idle

CPU temps at idle and under load: ambient temp 22c, cpu idling at 29c, 71c under full load stress test. In game cpu runs in the 50’s, as does gpu.

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
Thankyou for your testing - the more info we get, the better this little unit gets. Out of curiosity, what connectors were you using, and what is that 3080 Ti? That's downright sexy.

spdfrek

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Thankyou for your testing - the more info we get, the better this little unit gets. Out of curiosity, what connectors were you using, and what is that 3080 Ti? That's downright sexy.
GucksTV is correct, They are Monsoon free center compression fittings. Angled fittings are all Ek classics. The gpu is a founders 3080ti with an Ekwb special edition block.

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
Awesome design, great work!
I can't afford to request a preorder now, but hopefully I can swing it once you get to production :)

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
If there isn't any problem with it being raw and not cerakoted I would prefer the raw look along with a lower price.

Brass is corrosion resistant, but it is not 100% inert in tap water. You can run it uncoated but over a period of time it will turn redish and exhibit micro pitting as the zinc leaches into the water. We are talking over a period of years. If you use a corrosion inhibitor it should be a moot point. Zinc leaching out of the brass is a slow process and a extremely slow process with a proper coolant. With a proper coolant, an uncoated block could be used indefinitely but will tarnish.

Lost_Warrior

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 19, 2021
Brass is corrosion resistant, but it is not 100% inert in tap water. You can run it uncoated but over a period of time it will turn redish and exhibit micro pitting as the zinc leaches into the water. We are talking over a period of years. If you use a corrosion inhibitor it should be a moot point. Zinc leaching out of the brass is a slow process and a extremely slow process with a proper coolant. With a proper coolant, an uncoated block could be used indefinitely but will tarnish.

interesting. I guess for the best of both worlds is to have the inside coated but the exterior not? Either way I'll definitely want to pick one of these up but don't want it to get messed up overtime.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I would be interested in this, will be watching for any updates.

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021

While I understand that it's not going to happen in the first wave, I'd dearly love to see an expanded TR4 socket version of this. I've already registered my interest for the current unit, and can't wait to get my hands on it (well actually I can wait - I'd rather it was done well than fast.)