Funding Solid metal Low profile DDC pump block.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

JDuval

Average Stuffer
Dec 8, 2020
That's great that you were able to get it to sit even shorter than the beta units.
Looking forward to seeing what the heatsinks look like...it wouldn't hurt my feelings if there was a discount to the beta testers btw... :)

Reactions: DrHudacris

JDuval

Average Stuffer
Dec 8, 2020
@Alloy Craft, do you have a line on g1/8 fittings? Maybe something that connects to a smaller than typical water-cooling tube?

I can find g1/8 to g1/4 adapters but I have a feeling that they're not going to fit between the actual inlet and outlet fittings. I'm hoping to run a tube into the fill port to act as a res but struggling to find compatible fittings.

Alloy Craft

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
Here are links for a couple I found, Festo sell them and has a pretty good selection.

https://www.festo.com/us/en/p/push-..._GLOBAL~:CC_PneuConn_1_FoX_MYCH_3088.G0%2C125

JDuval

Average Stuffer
Dec 8, 2020
Found what I need at Tameson - thanks!

Pricing on these fittings (less than $2USD) make me pretty upset about PC water-cooling fitting prices lol.

Alloy Craft

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
Finally got the black back from paint. Looks good, but the paint shows every defect and piece of dirt that gets into it. Also the gloss level is a little bit too high. So I don't think I am going to offer this color unless there is some interest.

Also the addition of 8 fins on the cold plate netted us a 2 degree C reduction in temps during Cinebench. All production units will have the increased fin count.

With the setup you see below I saw around 58 degrees C temperature reduction on the pump pcb vs the stock Laing plastic housing.

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
Finally got the black back from paint. Looks good, but the paint shows every defect and piece of dirt that gets into it. Also the gloss level is a little bit too high. So I don't think I am going to offer this color unless there is some interest.

Also the addition of 8 fins on the cold plate netted us a 2 degree C reduction in temps during Cinebench. All production units will have the increased fin count.

With the setup you see below I saw around 58 degrees C temperature reduction on the pump pcb vs the stock Laing plastic housing.
Hnnggghhh, I want that Lobo setup so bad. What's the ETA for production / 'retail' orders?

SFFMunkee

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
I'll probably be buying @Pallaf's beta unit, @Alloy Craft what are the recommended pump, heatsink, fitting options?

::EDIT::
I've found two main options available locally:
- Bysksi B-PMD3-X PUMP ~$99AUD
- EKWB EK-DDC 3.2 PWM ~$216AUD

Are these compatible? And if so, is the performance / noise profile of the EK worth more than double the price?

::EDIT2:: Looks like I can get an EK Loop DDC 4.2 PWM for $169 with acetal top or $115 sans top! That seems to be a go-er if it's compatible?

Last edited:

SFFMunkee

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Jul 7, 2021
Great, thanks! I was 99% sure it was compatible. Looks like I’m getting some sweet Christmas presents (for myself?) this year :p

Alloy Craft

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
I'll probably be buying @Pallaf's beta unit, @Alloy Craft what are the recommended pump, heatsink, fitting options?

::EDIT::
I've found two main options available locally:
- Bysksi B-PMD3-X PUMP ~$99AUD
- EKWB EK-DDC 3.2 PWM ~$216AUD

Are these compatible? And if so, is the performance / noise profile of the EK worth more than double the price?

::EDIT2:: Looks like I can get an EK Loop DDC 4.2 PWM for $169 with acetal top or $115 sans top! That seems to be a go-er if it's compatible?
I reccomend the Laing DDC pumps, I have tested with those and they work well. There is a seller on ebay selling the non pwm version for $35 right now. I think most DDC pumps on the market are just rebranded Laings, or at least use the laing pcb. I have also tested with the Barrow and it fits as well.

On the heatsink, the Ek Cast heatsink fits as can be seen in Jduval's photos. The larger Ek heatsinks may fit but they may interfere with the tube fittings depending on the size you use. The 2 peice heatsinks fit but don't conduct heat into the block as well as a one piece design. The Modultra version will be avalible late this year.

Vareen

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Aug 21, 2021
This is an excellent piece of engineering - can't wait to get my hand on at least one for my current build. Just curious: is there likely to be a LGA1700 backplate available in future?