Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Alright 99% of orders are shipped. Still waiting one one person to get me their phone number for customs declaration's paperwork.

Thanks to everyone who preordered, I know it took a bit longer than expected but I hope you all find it worth the wait. Next on the chopping block is the Acetal version, hope to have updates soon on that front.

I received my order a couple of days ago, and asked others on the SFF gurus discord and it appears the "add on" LGA bracket did not include an LGA backplate whereas the LGA version of the LOBO itself does. We are wondering if this is intentional or an oversight?

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
I received my order a couple of days ago, and asked others on the SFF gurus discord and it appears the "add on" LGA bracket did not include an LGA backplate whereas the LGA version of the LOBO itself does. We are wondering if this is intentional or an oversight?
Correct, the Intel LOBO is the only version that comes with the universal back plate. The top plate is just the plate. I did this because I did not want to force people to buy the universal back plate if they already had a LGA back plate, or those people that were replacing a damaged top plate.

I do apologize though as I seem to have forgotten to add the universal back plate to the store. I will add it today for those who are interested.

If you want to use a third party back plate, the Intel Lobo will work with any back plate that uses female M3 mounting threads.

And about the SFF Gurus Discord, there's at least 10 people with a Lobo order active in there, would you be willing to join @Alloy Craft?

Sure I can join, just let me know how.

Levvi

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 20, 2020
Ya mine is on its way to Canada via UPS. Can't wait to get it. They want to charge me 80 bucks for mostly their brokerage fees and a small amount of duty. UPS is the worst. I need figure out how to self declare and not pay their rediculous fees.
Yep I just paid 83$ to UPS That was honestly not cool at all. Let me know how it goes. already spent more than 350 cad on a waterblock lmao.

aexeq

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Apr 7, 2020
Found another connector. I won't get this one but thought to share in case anyone is interested in trying it:

Legris 45 and 90 degree G1/8 to 6mm push

Credit -
Haha, that was actually kind of a fun comment, although true in my opinion.
Nonetheless I of course already got a Legris 90° 6mm G1/8 fitting on hand 😁

dust0vich

Efficiency Noob
Feb 26, 2022
Yep I just paid 83$ to UPS That was honestly not cool at all. Let me know how it goes. already spent more than 350 cad on a waterblock lmao.
So I ended up paying 11 dollars instead of 70. I emailed broker@ups.com asking for the 'commercial invoice' for 'self accounting' so when it entered the country they scanned and emailed that to me. I printed and took it to the CBSA inland office that handled low value shipments which was close to the airport (on the property but not in the airport) and then paid it there. Scanned and emailed the form they gave me back to the same UPS email and asked them to release the package and next day it's on its way.

Probably delayed receipt by a couple of days and a drive to the CBSA office but totally worth it. If I wasn't driving past the airport it would have taken me an hour and a quarter there and back which is still worth it considering UPS' price, even to take time off of work.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Haha, that was actually kind of a fun comment, although true in my opinion.
Nonetheless I of course already got a Legris 90° 6mm G1/8 fitting on hand 😁
Will you use the Legris fitting? I'm still on the fence about using something other than the G1/8 stopper.
So I ended up paying 11 dollars instead of 70. I emailed broker@ups.com asking for the 'commercial invoice' for 'self accounting' so when it entered the country they scanned and emailed that to me. I printed and took it to the CBSA inland office that handled low value shipments which was close to the airport (on the property but not in the airport) and then paid it there. Scanned and emailed the form they gave me back to the same UPS email and asked them to release the package and next day it's on its way.

Probably delayed receipt by a couple of days and a drive to the CBSA office but totally worth it. If I wasn't driving past the airport it would have taken me an hour and a quarter there and back which is still worth it considering UPS' price, even to take time off of work.
That was worth while. Wow the handling charge can really be silly sometimes. Irish customs was reasonable enough, should be with me tomorrow.
Works as advertised! Well done
Nice build! I have a FormD T1 V1.1 in titanium. Was originally buying the V2 to build a dual radiator system with but I'm now building an air-tunnel type system using a single RX240 in a Jonsbo A4.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Day three of my AM4 Lobo online. Absolutely painless installation, and performance appears to be more than solid.

Earlier observations in thread here about the sound profile of DDC pump with emitter installed were well-founded; I certainly notice more of a... metallic? hum at higher RPMs as compared to my previous block that had a standard EK heatsink installed on top. 100% nothing to complain about, though. And having DDC heat cooled even somewhat by the loop? Marvelous.

Great work @Alloy Craft, thanks for bringing this across the finish line

Enigma

Efficiency Noob
Nov 21, 2021
Anyone who bought the LOBO:
1. Can the pump be made silent at low RPM? (e.g. EK 4.2)
2. If you bought it from EU zone, how much did you pay for shipping and taxes?

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Anyone who bought the LOBO:
1. Can the pump be made silent at low RPM? (e.g. EK 4.2)
2. If you bought it from EU zone, how much did you pay for shipping and taxes?
My LOBO is the original, first beta version, so not quite the same as the current models. Still, my experiences:

1: My pump isn't an EK but a Laing, but it's entirely inaudible. No resonances, no noise that can be made out over my very quiet Arctic P14s even at 3500rpm. At idle I run it slower, and the system is fully silent. This is highly dependent on RPM though, as the rpm-to-noise of the pump is not linear whatsoever, and some rpms have resonances or audible noise that go away with a slight increase or decrease in speed. (This was the same with my Aquanaut previously and is not due to the Lobo.)
2: My shipping was $40, import tax was the 25% Swedish VAT on top of what I paid. No idea if shipping is the same currently, as that obviously depends on weight, packaging and more.

Reactions: rfarmer and Enigma

mechatron_prime

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 8, 2022
Anyone have a good ddc pump recommendation or are they all pretty much the same? This is going to be my first water cooling setup. I'll be putting my Lobo in a Formd T1 v2 case with a tx240 radiator. Might do dual radiator setup. Not sure yet.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Anyone have a good ddc pump recommendation or are they all pretty much the same? This is going to be my first water cooling setup. I'll be putting my Lobo in a Formd T1 v2 case with a tx240 radiator. Might do dual radiator setup. Not sure yet.
I use the Laing DDC 3.2, or any Laing with PWM speed control should work.

spdfrek

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
Yes. I am using that pump.
I recently switched from a mcp35x to a ek ddc 4.2. They function and sound basically the same. For what’s it’s worth, with the lobo, flow is so high on my system, I don’t need to run pump anywhere near full speed. ~1600rpm at idle ramping up to around 2500rpm under load, temps did not improve with more pump speed, and the pump runs cooler at a lower speed.

Reactions: sos and rfarmer

GucksTV

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 13, 2018
www.youtube.com
hey guys! :) I just wanted to let you know that I have received my final Modultra LOBO by @Alloy Craft in Carbon Grey! :)
It is really the next level of ITX watercooling hardware...as I had already the first unit as a prototype which for sure was already an amazing pice of craftsmenship,
I am even more impressed by what Eric has created! Pure art and perfection in every single part. I LOVE IT! That block will also be part of my upcoming Project DARK COLOSSUS V2 Series.

Here are some pictures I wanted to share with you guys:

For anybody that has missed my previous two videos about the comparison of the Modultra LOBO and @Nouvolo Aquanaut,
feel free to check them out:

Alloy Craft LOBO vs. Nouvolo Aquanaut Extreme Unboxing​

Alloy Craft LOBO vs. Nouvolo Aquanaut Extreme Review​