Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
On Friday I contacted the paint shop for updates, as we were scheduled to receive parts back this coming week. Unfortunately, they are still behind and have moved the completion date to the 13 Of July. Again, I apologize for the delay, these delays are as hard on you as they are on me.

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
I don't think it will fit, most likely it would hit the entry and exit fittings.

This is so much more authoritative than the napkin math I did on general G1/4 fitting diameters hahaha

Thank you very, very much!

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
The G1/8 to G1/4 fitting may fit if either EK or Koolance low profile fittings are used in the G1/4 ports. I have the low profile fittings and will order a bitspower if I can find a seller that has reasonable postage costs.

Last edited:

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
I managed to find a plug on aliexpress. I bought a couple of extra g1/8 ones, so when they arrive, if anyone would like one, I can post the spare ones to EU addresses. I'm just trying to avoid nickel in my loop ..because I like to complicate my life..

The stainless steel G1/8 and G1/4 arrived and they are chonky! Here are some quick photos comparing a G1/8 to the Modultra supplied Nickel plated brass plug and a G1/4 to a Bitspower Matt Black plug. Note the length and that the thread only starts 1/4 of that length for the stainless steel plugs.

There is not enough depth to use them and not enough thread to secure them well even if I shortened them.

Summary: Modultra's one is pretty good. Just debating whether to strip the nickel..

Did you ever confirm whether or not this fits in between the two standard G1/4 outlets?

I'm ordering a G1/8 to G1/4 from Bitspower and will report back on fitment.

I need some help remembering this > the prototypes had acrylic bars with kapton tape on them. The tape is about 0.2mm and I removed them thinking they were just acrylic film protectors... Is the cold plate zeroed with the tape or is it set to be concave? I will be lapping the cold plate for direct die testing.

Reactions: SoSquidTaste

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
The stainless steel G1/8 and G1/4 arrived and they are chonky! Here are some quick photos comparing a G1/8 to the Modultra supplied Nickel plated brass plug and a G1/4 to a Bitspower Matt Black plug. Note the length and that the thread only starts 1/4 of that length for the stainless steel plugs.

There is not enough depth to use them and not enough thread to secure them well even if I shortened them.

Summary: Modultra's one is pretty good. Just debating whether to strip the nickel..

I'm ordering a G1/8 to G1/4 from Bitspower and will report back on fitment.

I need some help remembering this > the prototypes had acrylic bars with kapton tape on them. The tape is about 0.2mm and I removed them thinking they were just acrylic film protectors... Is the cold plate zeroed with the tape or is it set to be concave? I will be lapping the cold plate for direct die testing.

The prototypes had to be zeroed with the Kapton tape as you saw. You will want to add some back in before lapping. Without the Kapton the cold plate may be slightly concave but it wont matter if you are lapping, however the cold plate will be less rigid since it is not supported mid span.

Reactions: cps_goodbuy

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
@Alloy Craft the webstore seems to be down right now.

Well it's back, guessing just some maintenance. Couple other people confirmed it was down for them too though, wans't just on my side.

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
On Friday I contacted the paint shop for updates, as we were scheduled to receive parts back this coming week. Unfortunately, they are still behind and have moved the completion date to the 13 Of July. Again, I apologize for the delay, these delays are as hard on you as they are on me.
It's 13 July, you got any updates? Excited to see some builds with it :).

Reactions: NRG

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
The parts are done, I am scheduled to pick them up this Friday. Shipping starts next week.

Here is a photo of cold plates awaiting their pump blocks. This will have to tide you guys over for now. The user manual will be available for download on the website as soon as I can figure out how to post it.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Tested more fittings with the prototype Modultra Lobo block. Note that the G1/8 port is off-center on the prototype but centered on the production blocks. The fittings were tested on the nearside port so expect a little more space on the production model.

G1/8 Fittings

Aqua Computer - Sealing screw G 1/8 incl. gasket

Aqua Computer - Hose barb 10 mm G1/8 with O-ring gasket
Note: I did not screw this barb fitting fully because it had a sharp slightly larger thread and I didn't want to damage the coating on the block.

Aqua Computer - Rotary elbow adapter G1/8
Note: G1/8 to G1/8.

Bitspower - G1/8" Carbon Black G1/8" To IG1/4" Adapter

G1/4 Fittings

Koolance - Adjustable Elbow (Low Profile), G 1/4 BSPP

EK - EK-Quantum Torque Micro Rotary 90° - Black

Generic - Connection straight G1/4 inch to 13/10mm - compact, nickel black

Modultra - G1/8 Nickel-plated brass plug

Notes:

The o-rings of these fittings did not go over the edge of the block.

The largest fitting is the Bitspower G1/8 to G1/4 adapter and it fits with space between it and the generic 10/13mm compression fitting on the nearside port.

Left: Aqua Computer - Sealing screw G 1/8 incl. gasket Right: Modultra - G1/8 Nickel-plated brass plug

Bitspower - G1/8" Carbon Black G1/8" To IG1/4" Adapter showing o-ring positioning

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
Found another connector. I won't get this one but thought to share in case anyone is interested in trying it:

Legris 45 and 90 degree G1/8 to 6mm push

Credit -

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Alright 99% of orders are shipped. Still waiting one one person to get me their phone number for customs declaration's paperwork.

Thanks to everyone who preordered, I know it took a bit longer than expected but I hope you all find it worth the wait. Next on the chopping block is the Acetal version, hope to have updates soon on that front.

nicknamenik

Chassis Packer
Jul 22, 2022
I'm so glad I found this! Been struggling to find an ultra low profile ddc res and just accidentally stumbled on a picture of this on Google. I regret missing the introductory price, but just ordered the $200 bundle and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm doing a somewhat of an unconventional sff build (hope I won't get roasted too hard lol), planning to share here and on reddit once all the parts arrive and the system is assembled.

Cheers!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
I'm so glad I found this! Been struggling to find an ultra low profile ddc res and just accidentally stumbled on a picture of this on Google. I regret missing the introductory price, but just ordered the $200 bundle and can't wait for it to arrive. I'm doing a somewhat of an unconventional sff build (hope I won't get roasted too hard lol), planning to share here and on reddit once all the parts arrive and the system is assembled.

Cheers!
Unconventional builds are always the most interesting ones. Hope you'll post a build log!

Reactions: nicknamenik

El Media Vida

Caliper Novice
Jan 11, 2021
Alright 99% of orders are shipped. Still waiting one one person to get me their phone number for customs declaration's paperwork.

Thanks to everyone who preordered, I know it took a bit longer than expected but I hope you all find it worth the wait. Next on the chopping block is the Acetal version, hope to have updates soon on that front.
I hope seen soon as possible the acetal version, I want one to do my custom AIO with my EK PE 360.

dust0vich

Efficiency Noob
Feb 26, 2022
Ya mine is on its way to Canada via UPS. Can't wait to get it. They want to charge me 80 bucks for mostly their brokerage fees and a small amount of duty. UPS is the worst. I need figure out how to self declare and not pay their rediculous fees.