Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Questors

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 28, 2018
So here is the wavy version with pattern at 45 and 90 degrees. Only one will be offered, which one you voting for.

I like both. I can't deny the one of the right catches the eye more immediately.

Reactions: Talyrius

SpaceGazebo

Case Bender
New User
Mar 12, 2022
Super glad to have found this project. Was looking at a Barrow CPU/res/pump block, but have heard pretty bad things about them... This on the other hand looks great. Will definitely be pre-ordering once they're available!

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but do we know if this will fit on an Asus Z690I motherboard? The spacing around the CPU socket is very tight, so would love to confirm.

SpaceGazebo

Case Bender
New User
Mar 12, 2022
Super glad to have found this project. Was looking at a Barrow CPU/res/pump block, but have heard pretty bad things about them... This on the other hand looks great. Will definitely be pre-ordering once they're available!

Sorry if this has been asked/answered already, but do we know if this will fit on an Asus Z690I motherboard? The spacing around the CPU socket is very tight, so would love to confirm.
Found my own answer sifting through responses here. Thank you GuckTV for posting your examples of this on a Asus Z690I!

spdfrek

Trash Compacter
Nov 26, 2019
So I’ve got my beta unit installed with an EK DDC 4.2.

I’ve got a few issues at the moment:
1) it’s rather loud - even when turned down - compared to either the DC-LT2 from the EisbaerLT solo or the D5 I had before,
2) the PWM range is really limited for some reason, anything over about 40% is 4000+ rpm, so I had to make separate control curves for pump vs fan which is fine.

I’m wondering how low I can go with the pump and not have significant performance loss, given it’s an 18W pump I’m sure I could run it at quarter or half speed and it should be fine, right? (I’ll test it anyway)
I run my mcp35x at 18% pwm at idle and only ramp up to around 30% under load. It’s set to run max if I ever get to 80c, but the t30’s will be making way more noise by then. At idle I can’t hear anything from my Pc. Pump rpm is around 1600-1800. Under load is around 2800-3000rpm. Anything above that starts pulling air out of the reservoir and mixing it back into the loop!

This pump block has significantly more flow then the apogee drive II, aquanaut, and aquanaut extreme. It made bleeding the loop a bit harder as without pwm control it just kept stirring the air back in.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
I run my mcp35x at 18% pwm at idle and only ramp up to around 30% under load. It’s set to run max if I ever get to 80c, but the t30’s will be making way more noise by then. At idle I can’t hear anything from my Pc. Pump rpm is around 1600-1800. Under load is around 2800-3000rpm. Anything above that starts pulling air out of the reservoir and mixing it back into the loop!

This pump block has significantly more flow then the apogee drive II, aquanaut, and aquanaut extreme. It made bleeding the loop a bit harder as without pwm control it just kept stirring the air back in.
Yeah I've been running mine on basically minimal duty and only ramps up if CPU/GPU get spicy. Once I have a water temp sensor it'll be even easier to manage.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
So paint is done on the heatsinks, they came out looking great. Pre order will open tomorrow and run for 3-4 weeks. This is introductory pricing and will never be this low again. After 4 weeks pricing will increase to full retail. I am only offering pump and heatsink combos for the preorders. Manufacturing on these is actually mostly done. All pump bodies, top mount plates, back cover plates, intel back plates and heatsinks are machined, all though the engraving on the tops are not done. The cold plates, back plate mount hardware, spring housing and cold plate adjusters are still yet to be made. I would hope to start shipping by early in May if all goes well. I will post a link tomorrow for payment.

There are 4 options for the heatsink and 2 color options.

Patterns
1. Plain $160 shipped inside the USA. - Retail $200 + shipping
2. Vector $175 shipped inside the USA. -Retail $215 + shipping
3. Wavy $175 shipped inside the USA. -Retail $215 + shipping
4. Celtic $175 shipped inside the USA. -Retail $215 + shipping

Colors
1. E250 titanium
2. E240 Carbon Grey

Plain

Vector

Wavy

Celtic

Installed photos

Last edited:

Lost_Warrior

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Dec 19, 2021
So paint is done on the heatsinks, they came out looking great. Pre order will open tomorrow and run for 3-4 weeks. This is introductory pricing and will never be this low again. After 4 weeks pricing will increase to full retail. I am only offering pump and heatsink combos for the preorders. Manufacturing on these is actually mostly done. All pump bodies, top mount plates, back cover plates, intel back plates and heatsinks are machined, all though the engraving on the tops are not done. The cold plates, back plate mount hardware, spring housing and cold plate adjusters are still yet to be made. I would hope to start shipping by early in May if all goes well. I will post a link tomorrow for payment.

There are 4 options for the heatsink and 2 color options.

Patterns
1. Plain $160 shipped inside the USA. - Retail $200 + shipping
2. Vector $175 shipped inside the USA. -Retail $215 + shipping
3. Wavy $175 shipped inside the USA. -Retail $215 + shipping
4. Celtic $175 shipped inside the USA. -Retail $215 + shipping

Colors
1. E250 titanium
2. E240 Carbon Grey

Plain

Vector

Wavy

Celtic

Installed photos

Very nice. I will probably go with the Vector Carbon Grey.

Also for those that understand all the variants of DDC pumps better than me since I'm new at this. What are some of the better pumps? I currently have a LAING DDC 3.25 that I would plan to use with this in a Formd T1. I have no idea if its one of the better ones or not.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
Very nice. I will probably go with the Vector Carbon Grey.

Also for those that understand all the variants of DDC pumps better than me since I'm new at this. What are some of the better pumps? I currently have a LAING DDC 3.25 that I would plan to use with this in a Formd T1. I have no idea if its one of the better ones or not.
(Note: My only experience on these blocks is beta unit and EK 4.2 DDC PWM, otherwise I've used Alphacool DC-LT2 and EK D5 pumps, and going back far enough an Eheim of some description)

I suspect you could comfortably use a low-power DDC, or run at slowest/quietest (not always the same) speed (whether it's PWM or voltage control shouldn't matter).

Given the extremely low flow restriction of the Lobo block itself, as long as you're not doing huge vertical runs or adding other low-flowing blocks/rads, I think almost any pump, even at slower speeds will provide sufficient flow.
It's been shown a number of times that flow rate isn't critical. As long as it's above a reasonable level (IIRC it was something like 1 gallon/min or 3.8L/min) it doesn't have an appreciable impact to performance or coolant temperatures.

So assuming few or relatively low restriction components, I'd consider (in order of priority):
1) compatibility - has that specific model been tested/fits?
2) noise level - can the pump run quietly/silently and provide >=4L/min flow?
3) heat output - the pumps themselves dump heat into the coolant, higher power pump = more heat generated.

For example, when running my pump at the lowest PWM speed, it performs almost identically to when running full-tilt but is FAR quieter and dumps less of its own heat into the system. If I were doing it again, I'd consider looking for the quietest / lowest power DDC that will keep flow around the 4L/min mark.

Reactions: DrHudacris