Production Modultra LOBO: Direct die kit gauging interest.

What materail and finish would you be interested for your build?

• Stainless steel.

• Brass with nickel plating.

• Raw brass with internal nickel plating.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Hopefully I can get some done soon, everything is taking longer than expected. However I am working on the heatsinks today. here is a photo of the 4 available pattern options. After I get these painted I most likely will start a pre order.

Wow, those look gorgeous! The two on the right, especially the rightmost one, look amazingly cool. Also refreshingly different from most PC hardware aesthetics, which is great to see.

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
Hopefully I can get some done soon, everything is taking longer than expected. However I am working on the heatsinks today. here is a photo of the 4 available pattern options. After I get these painted I most likely will start a pre order.

These look really nice - what grade of stainless is that (assuming it's stainless, of course)?

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
Wouldn't it be aluminium, given it's a heatsink?
I was basing my question on the survey at the top of the page, where it asks for your preferred build - aluminium is not in that list. Of course, the question may just be for the block, but I was curious so thought I'd ask.

Reactions: SFFMunkee

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Quick question on the waves version, does anybody think I should rotate the pattern 45 degrees? Just looking at it I'm thinking it may look better rotated level with the logo.

Alloy Craft

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Modultra
Oct 25, 2019
Good question - I like the angled look, but I can imagine a horizontally aligned design would work too.

Still, the chevron pattern is my favourite by far - but with that design I'd have to build a patterned plywood-fronted case for it to live in. That style match is just too good. And I really don't need another major DIY project :p
The patterned plywood looks awesome, you should definitely make a chassis front panel out of some!

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
So here is the wavy version with pattern at 45 and 90 degrees. Only one will be offered, which one you voting for.

I agree with the others, the right looks the best. Is the pattern more densely packed, or is that just a visual trick of the changed geometry? Either way, both look great, and I like the visual interest of the diagonal, but the visual stability and depth of the ...uh, non-diagonal? looks better to me.

Reactions: sos and Talyrius