Small portable ventilated atx case

eperdos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 23, 2019
Hi to all,

I'm new to this forum, so this is my first thread.

What case will be best for my project?

My project is a small, portable and well ventilated gaming build to fit a second rig, specially made to take it away on road, along with a portable 19 inch monitor.

Components will consists of part from my main rig, once they are replaced with newer, more powerfull ones. This make it vital that atx board and full parts can get inside (inclusive air coolers like dark rock pro 4).

For start, I will have this:

- gigabyte x470 aorus ultra gaming
- ryzen 2700x
- dark rock 4 pro
- 2x 8gb corsair vengeance lpx
- samsung 500gb ssd 2.5 sata3
- gainward gtx 1070 golden sample
- corsair rm750x PSU

As soon as ryzen 3000 shows up, I want to build a new primary rig, so these component will make for a secondary, portable rig.

Scott

Caliper Novice
Nov 29, 2016
With an ATX mobo, psu, full-size graphics card, and tower air cooler, you are looking at something that is fairly big no matter what. the Raijintek Thetis is about the smallest I know of that can fit all of that. I wouldn't exactly call it small, but it is smaller than typical ATX towers.

As an alternative, the Cerberus X is a nice ATX case that is about the smallest you can get. It is slimmer and a little shorter than the Thetis, but if you air cool you'll need an SFX psu and a shorter cooler than the Dark Rock Pro 4 https://www.sliger.com/products/cases/cerberus_x/

eperdos

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Jun 23, 2019
Cerberus, though very atractive solutions, is way too expensive considering shipping and taxes to europe.

Thetis is a good option. I own a fractal design defin r5 case. How will temperatures be in thetis vs r5? How well built is the thetis?