Production Sliger SM550/560/570/580 (2 and 3 slot riser layouts, with air and liquid cooling variants)

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
guys, imho it would be better if you guys came up with other names that arent based on the Greek mythology as it was with the Cerberus. Cerberus is designed by Chimera Industries and hence it does not make sense or a good decision to name the SM550 based on the Greek mythos since it would only confuse consumers more.

Reactions: Arboreal

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
guys, imho it would be better if you guys came up with other names that arent based on the Greek mythology as it was with the Cerberus. Cerberus is designed by Chimera Industries and hence it does not make sense or a good decision to name the SM550 based on the Greek mythos since it would only confuse consumers more.

Absolutely, I was thinking the very same thing yesterday, and was intending to post about it. You have said just what I wanted to.
If only I could think of a decent name for them...

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
I don't know, but Dominator Platinum's are absolute skyscrapers at 54.79mm.

Alur

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 9, 2019
Any updates on SM560? congratulations, they surely look amazing, pretty curious about the SM560 model most of honestly.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Apologies on delays on launch, business customers bought up the entire production before I could launch. Waiting on a shipment of risers from China and we're going live!

Also might make a vented window with launch - does this first picture look good?

There's also the 3-slot wide GPU version in that album, it has 65mm CPU cooler height. Might be handle with bifurcation for 2 slot GPU + capture card.

jkiejr

Average Stuffer
Jan 26, 2018
I like the vented side panels, bit still prefer the slats on the top. Like in this pic

Reactions: JaPeMo

f1recracker

Efficiency Noob
Jun 5, 2018
This looks so good! Will you be making both 2 slot and 3 slot versions? Does the 2 slot have extra CPU clearance?
If the 3 slot has 65mm cpu clearance, then could I have even taller CPU coolers with the 2 slot variant?

Edit: To answer your question - I kinda prefer the vented panel especially if it helps with thermals!

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
I like the vented side panels, bit still prefer the slats on the top. Like in this pic

Ok, I'll change back to this vent for the 2 slot version. Easier to make anyway. 3 slot will stay the new design.

This looks so good! Will you be making both 2 slot and 3 slot versions? Does the 2 slot have extra CPU clearance?
If the 3 slot has 65mm cpu clearance, then could I have even taller CPU coolers with the 2 slot variant?

Edit: To answer your question - I kinda prefer the vented panel especially if it helps with thermals!

2 slot is 55mm CPU clearance, meant for C7, L9i, Wraith Stealth, and LP53 setups.

3 slot is 65mm for Noctua L12, Scythe SCSK-1100, SCBSK-2100, etc. with room to spare for window or unvented panel to not choke it out.

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
imo the side cutouts at the top and side panels are overkill. if it was just cutouts at the front portion it would look great, but when its throughout the side and rear, it ruins the overall aesthetic of the case

Last edited:
Reactions: xcrco

AJA

Case Bender
Oct 14, 2018
So, I have some questions:

1. Will the dual slot version still support a 2.5 slot or 51mm GPU like my Cerberus 1070 TI or do I have to buy the 3 slot version?

2. Will both versions still be available in red?

3. Any idea on prices for the two versions?

4. Lastly, when can we expect the cases to be available to buy?

This is the case I've been waiting for, so hopefully it's not too long now. Thank you for your hard work on the case.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
imo the side cutouts at the top and side panels are overkill. if it was just cutouts at the front portion it would look great, but when its throughout the side and rear, it ruins the overall aesthetic of the case

They look great in person, and they mask when panels are not completely lined up. Trying to keep it classy looking but still "aggressive" looking compared to the standard Lian Li / Jonsbo look of every other SFF case.

So, I have some questions:

1. Will the dual slot version still support a 2.5 slot or 51mm GPU like my Cerberus 1070 TI or do I have to buy the 3 slot version?

2. Will both versions still be available in red?

3. Any idea on prices for the two versions?

4. Lastly, when can we expect the cases to be available to buy?

This is the case I've been waiting for, so hopefully it's not too long now. Thank you for your hard work on the case.

1. Dual slot will fit only 2 slot cards, up to 42mm thick. (max is 47mm, but that is right up against side panel.)

Three slot will be the better choice for wide card.

2. Yes! White, Black, and Red, possibly a beige color in limited quantity.

3. Both sizes with vented panels, $199. Windows add $10 per side.

4. March 1st, be on our site. NewEgg shortly after.

Glad you like it, sorry it took so long to get made!

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
They look great in person, and they mask when panels are not completely lined up. Trying to keep it classy looking but still "aggressive" looking compared to the standard Lian Li / Jonsbo look of every other SFF case.
Ah that's understandable, and might i add, a very simple and creative solution for minor panel misalignment! I guess it's a matter of personal preference and it seems that other users are liking this current design, which is great :) either way, hopefully we'll see the Cerberus on Newegg along with this case in March

Reactions: anoldfriend

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
Noctua lists the L12 at 66mm, will that fit in the 3 slot version sans bending?

I know the cutoff has to be somewhere, but I’ll still bring up that the L12S (at 70mm) should net ~3-10 degrees better cooling than the 92mm only L12. Personally that equates to better noise as the fan can spin a bit slower. The S model also seems to be more widely available (and/or cheaper, $5 on US amazon and $20 on NewEgg).

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Noctua lists the L12 at 66mm, will that fit in the 3 slot version sans bending?

I know the cutoff has to be somewhere, but I’ll still bring up that the L12S (at 70mm) should net ~3-10 degrees better cooling than the 92mm only L12. Personally that equates to better noise as the fan can spin a bit slower. The S model also seems to be more widely available (and/or cheaper, $5 on US amazon and $20 on NewEgg).

I'll bump it up to 70mm for L12S and Big Shuriken 3, nothing really exciting around 60 to 65mm.