Log Sliger SM550 - Compact & Quiet Gaming HTPC

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
Sure, check this link (from my build log)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fitting MSI GTX 1080ti Gaming X in SM550 (15th December 2019)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I analysed dimensions (& pictures) of TUF RTX 3080. Unfortunately I don't think it can fit an SM550.
Right now only XC3 from EVGA is compatible with SM550
I’m going to MAKE it fit haha. I think I can get it in if I cut a small piece of the front panel (right behind the hard drive bracket). Will allow me to get it in, and then can still put the HDD bracket it back on. Basically making a hole that extends into the front chamber to have room to install the GPU.

Reactions: MarcParis

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I’m going to MAKE it fit haha. I think I can get it in if I cut a small piece of the front panel (right behind the hard drive bracket). Will allow me to get it in, and then can still put the HDD bracket it back on. Basically making a hole that extends into the front chamber to have room to install the GPU.
I understand. Please share your mod if successful..:)

Megaman0025

Caliper Novice
Jul 3, 2019
I will post pictures, but I was completely successful getting a 3080 TUF to fit in this case! Very excited about this. No problems with noise at all. Fits so perfect it’s as if this case was made for it. I had to remove the PCIE bracket first. Then install the card after I modded a corner of the shroud ever so slightly. Popped it in place and then popped the PCIE bracket up into the card before screwing it back into place. It works, and works well, but this is the limit here for sure.

stay tuned for pictures

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
I will post pictures, but I was completely successful getting a 3080 TUF to fit in this case! Very excited about this. No problems with noise at all. Fits so perfect it’s as if this case was made for it. I had to remove the PCIE bracket first. Then install the card after I modded a corner of the shroud ever so slightly. Popped it in place and then popped the PCIE bracket up into the card before screwing it back into place. It works, and works well, but this is the limit here for sure.

stay tuned for pictures
thanks for your feedback. Very similar process as @Tuscany to fit 6800XT reference card in SM550..:)

Good news that TUF RTX 3080 is fitting SM550!

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Original poster
Apr 1, 2016
Finally I decide to create a new setup using components from both my SM550 & Cerberus-X, in order to build a CL530.
https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/sliger-cl530-tame-rtx-3090-fe-build-log.16125/

Reactions: TheHig