Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Hey! Just a lot to do here,

I will have updates for you today or tomorrow. We have the parts now, just Fedex shipping hasn't been a very pleasant experience.

Taylor
I can only imagine. Feel free to use UPS on mine if you want :p

Got my 4090 ready :)

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

vvildstar

Case Bender
New User
Oct 20, 2022
Any chance the mATX ASUS Gene board will fit in this? Not really in love with any of the new ITX boards, especially the ones with the external Hive thingy.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

So a lot has happened in the last week. As you know from my previous post, we were supposed to receive the shipment last Thursday, Oct 13th. Instead we received the shipment Monday, Oct 17th. Unfortunately there was a reason for this. After the shipment was released from customs at some point it was damaged. It went through a really odd tracking history (I guess while they had to rearrange it and prepare it again to deliver it). At first they were going to send it back to the Shipper, however we insisted they deliver here (SLC).

Because the factory did such a good job packing everything in the boxes, most of the parts survived. The parts that need replacing are mostly steel, which are the easiest to replace/remake. Unfortunately there were a few boxes that were lost. One of them containing all the quantity for a small part we need to fulfill any orders. We are looking into the best option (cost vs. lead time) that will allow us to start fulfilling orders. I am not able to give a specific timeline at the moment. I'm working every day (late) to get things resolved with insurance claims, and deciding the best course to recover for November. Attached is an image of one of the pallets.

1666329715947.png

Like I said, most of the parts are fine. And, we are looking at the fastest lead time options for getting the missing small parts remade.

Sorry for the inconvenience. We will get this figured out.

Taylor, Protolyth

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Wow that shipment looks mangled. Thanks for the update.

Bummer. I'm going to buy some cheapo case to house my stuff for now instead of having it all sitting on a cardboard box.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
I'm very sorry :(. At least it sounds like you had your insurance properly in order.
I wonder how much it would have cost to do all this domestically? Likely exponentially more in guessing.

Last edited:

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
Oof, nothing is ever as easy as it should be, best of luck in the next steps! Hopefully this will be your last big road bump and it will be smooth sailing from here.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
The incompetence and blatant lack of care by the workers at FedEx makes me sick. I see this everywhere from McDonald's to building contractors. A large portion of workers dont give a damn and do a shit job nowadays. I can only imagine how you felt when you got the shipment; seeing a project you put your heart into get destroyed because someone in the fedex delivery channel has no regard or respect. Im sorry this happened.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Well I'm sure you've learned a whole lot through this entire process in preparation for the next run. I'm hoping this initial batches success really brings more attention to your company so we can get more designs/types of cases.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Well I'm sure you've learned a whole lot through this entire process in preparation for the next run. I'm hoping this initial batches success really brings more attention to your company so we can get more designs/types of cases.
Yes you're totally right! Every one design and manufacturing project has its own learning points. I have worked on many projects, (which is why we were so close to full-filling orders on time). This is the first time I've experienced such terrible shipping complications that are completely out of my control. I'm actually not the only one experiencing these difficulties, especially with said shipping company.

I actually have a lot of pending designs and updates for Protolyth, but they are on a pending list until we get these first hurdles done with.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm expecting December earliest TBH. I just don't see November a possibility with Thanksgiving and all.

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
I'm expecting December earliest TBH. I just don't see November a possibility with Thanksgiving and all.
Thats...generous. He pretty much told us TBD which is never a good sign. They're now dealing with an insurance claim. Their insurance and Fedex' claims investigating on what went wrong, agreeing who's at fault for what went wrong, and then working on a settlement payment. Assuming there's not another party involved who may be at fault for this, then there's a payment. Once payment is mailed and cashed, a re-order and production of missing parts. And then re-mailing said replacement parts hoping customs, papers, or some other act of god doesn't eff it up. Of course, this is all assuming someone else like Fedex accepts liability for losing the parts in the first place and doesn't fight it. First run hiccups woo! Still excited for the case tho.

Last edited:

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Why on earth would he wait for a insurance claim? This isn't amateur hour.

All it comes down to is the time vs $ in sourcing the replacement parts.

Reactions: chev_chelios

Baka

Average Stuffer
Aug 5, 2022
i'm right there with you bud. Taylor said it himself that it's cost vs lead time so if he's willing to pay up front and order the missing parts out of pocket in hopes of getting reimbursed later from his insurance, i'm all for it.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
This isn't amateur hour.
I mean… I consider any type of thing like this to be an upstart/early investor style thing, so yes it kinda is amateur hour, that’s the point of being first buyers and supporting independent projects/prototypes and brand new things like this, and that’s 100% ok for this environment. I see it as us supporting new business upstarts and learning experiences :)