• Hey Guest, save 20% on our entire merchandise range during the month of December! Use promo code MAKEITSMOL at Our Merchandise Store!

Production SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Last Warehouse Shipment cleared!

XNine

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Jan 11, 2022
Got my case today, only had enough time to open the box, pull it out, and praise it on its fit, finish, and overall beauty..... needless to say my girlfriend was standing there and said "well why don't you marry it" and walked out the room. Since it was just Lady Slate and me in the room together, I said her "she didn't know that was the plan all along...."

Negatives: Down one girlfriend.
Positives: Up one New Case (aka love of my life.)
Other Thoughts: Build log to come later.

Helix Exton

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Mar 1, 2022
Starting to order my parts now for the upgrade with the news that cases are coming in (and good sales), extremely excited to receive mine and build!

NRG

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 30, 2015
literally refreshing my email 99 times a day hoping to see a shipping notice for my case heh

I actually checked my order after reading through this thread and turns out it has been shipped with tracking, an update email just hasn't been sent. Might be worth checking your order on the website!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 10, 2019
I actually checked my order after reading through this thread and turns out it has been shipped with tracking, an update email just hasn't been sent. Might be worth checking your order on the website!
This is good to know, I'm not sure there is anything I can do to fix this. It might be related to the users' preference to opn in emails or not.

6ixty9ine

Cable Smoosher
Feb 13, 2020
unfortunately not the case (pun.. unintended) for me!

XNine

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Bronze Supporter
Jan 11, 2022
I mean, any 4090 with a custom block should fit just fine. It's these god forsaken massive heatsinks and shrouds on the cards that causes fitment issues in any case. The PCBs are actually really small, even compared to the 1080's PCB. A block is like 1/4 the size of the OEM heatsink. Maybe smaller...

Reactions: Cody K

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

I hope all of you are doing well. For those that have received their case, thank you for such great feedback and support! And for those that are still waiting, thank you for your patience!

There is one small issue some people are running into with tightening one of the Thumb nuts after they have shifted the mid bracket assembly for more GPU clearance. One of the thumb nuts will touch the PSU (after the psu is installed). If the Thumb Nut is too tight it will interfere with sliding the assembly, or if it is left loose it is difficult to tighten. Here are a couple temporary options while we work on a fix/ or have a design improvement for V2:

1 - Before installing your PSU, remove the nylon washer underneath the affected Thumb Nut. Put the Thumb nut back on and leave loose while installing the PSU. This will allow more clearance for the thumbnut to be tightened after you have positioned your inner assembly. You may need to use a tool to tighten fully.

2 - You can install the PSU after you have inserted the inner assembly and tightened all of the thumb nuts.

3 - (It is actually safe to leave the affected thumb nut loose enough for sliding the bracket. There is enough holding force with using just one of the thumb nuts on the PSU side).

Hopefully this is helpful for you while we work on this.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth