Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Wilson

Chassis Packer
Mar 23, 2020
No, because at that point just buy an i100 pro. In many ways its this case turned on its side (and longer by about 20%ish)

I actually did get the case as a holdover for this one, and its been wonderful to build in and modify. I'll be switching the AQ Slate though because I want the bottom IO (it will be MUCH cleaner when display on the desk by not having cords shooting at the back)
I was thinking to of this orientation with this sliger. Just turn it up side down and 3d print a top cover. To your point, all the cables will more visible coming out from the top rear instead of bottom rear.

infinite winter

Efficiency Noob
Sep 27, 2022
I noticed the manual shows that the feet have changed from 4 rubber feet to two rubber strips. Is it a noticeable difference visually, or not really?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I noticed the manual shows that the feet have changed from 4 rubber feet to two rubber strips. Is it a noticeable difference visually, or not really?
Not really, it gives it much more stability. The smaller (4) feet has signs of drifting over time. We are still including them in the packaging in case you want to use either.

Prob should update the manual to show both.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Yeah I don't think many have gone out. From what I remember I'm in the first 15 orders placed but still waiting. Hopefully some more get shipped this week.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Man, I got my order in like 60 seconds after preorders started.... All these orders ahead of mine, people must have fingers like:
Ghost In The Shell Keyboard GIF
I think I'm order 1100 or something like that, lol (I stumbled on this thread in the last few days of preorders). If I get mine before you I'll be sure to give it lots of love on your behalf :p

Reactions: rfarmer

Ghostman103

Cable Smoosher
Aug 25, 2022
Has anyone that has received theirs done a rough measurement of how long the Gpu power cables should be? Going to order a custom pcie to 12vhpwr cable and didn't want one to be too short or too long, with an SFF mm's matter so trying to plan out ahead of getting the case in.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

vprcre

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2022
Unfortunately the EKWB sale came too early for me to have taken measurements of the case first! Has anybody else done any preliminary loop-planning with a 3080 FE vector yet? Can't decide between an FLT80 or R160, and there is sure to be some complex fitting work between the res and GPU.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Letss Goooo! Arrived two days early!! In person the slate case exceeds my expectations! The anodizing and fitment tolerances are of exceptional quality! Its actually smaller than I was imagining (which is a good thing) and is built like a tank. The renders really dont do it justice, neither do the videos or pictures; you really have to see it and touch it in person to understand the level of quality and attention to detail that went into this case!
The packaging was also of a high standard. It came in an extra thick cardboard box and was protected and insulated by thick quality foam packing inserts. I can see Taylor and the team arent taking any chances with shipping damage after what happened with fedex.
Ill have more time to start taking the case apart and start on my build tonight and this weekend (after thanksgiving), but wanted to share my first impressions with you guys. Im so happy I backed this project and will be using my slate case for my main computer for the next two years, if not longer! Fantastic work @TaylorChiller , you and your team have made, what in my opinion is, the best case of 2022! Imgur album link below:

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Damn son, that was quick.
Question how big is the box that was shipped in ? It should show on Fedex tracking.
Just measured the box, its 14"x18"x9.5" . Weighed 16.7 lbs. Was shipped UPS, dont think Protolyth is taking any chances with Fedex!!

Has anyone that has received theirs done a rough measurement of how long the Gpu power cables should be? Going to order a custom pcie to 12vhpwr cable and didn't want one to be too short or too long, with an SFF mm's matter so trying to plan out ahead of getting the case in.
Havent measured yet, literally just got mine delivered an hour ago lol! Im going to be doing the same as you though; getting a cablemod 12vhpwr cable for my 4090 strix. When i get around to measuring it ill let you know! It might be a couple days though, because my family is coming over for Thanksgiving and thats basically taking over all my time today and tomorrow. Also havent decided on which radiators ill be using so thats going to factor into it too.

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
Just measured the box, its 14"x18"x9.5" . Weighed 16.7 lbs. Was shipped UPS, dont think Protolyth is taking any chances with Fedex!!

Havent measured yet, literally just got mine delivered an hour ago lol! Im going to be doing the same as you though; getting a cablemod 12vhpwr cable for my 4090 strix. When i get around to measuring it ill let you know! It might be a couple days though, because my family is coming over for Thanksgiving and thats basically taking over all my time today and tomorrow. Also havent decided on which radiators ill be using so thats going to factor into it too.
Well me as European, I think it will be shipped by FedEx.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Letss Goooo! Arrived two days early!! In person the slate case exceeds my expectations! The anodizing and fitment tolerances are of exceptional quality! Its actually smaller than I was imagining (which is a good thing) and is built like a tank. The renders really dont do it justice, neither do the videos or pictures; you really have to see it and touch it in person to understand the level of quality and attention to detail that went into this case!
The packaging was also of a high standard. It came in an extra thick cardboard box and was protected and insulated by thick quality foam packing inserts. I can see Taylor and the team arent taking any chances with shipping damage after what happened with fedex.
Ill have more time to start taking the case apart and start on my build tonight and this weekend (after thanksgiving), but wanted to share my first impressions with you guys. Im so happy I backed this project and will be using my slate case for my main computer for the next two years, if not longer! Fantastic work @TaylorChiller , you and your team have made, what in my opinion is, the best case of 2022! Imgur album link below:

I'm so glad to hear it arrived safe and sound to you. Love how you talk about the fit and finish. I got my shipping confirmation. Hopefully on Monday!