Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
Yes those are exactly the clearances from what I understand. I'm planning on facing the PSU out and using the vented panel on the CPU side with this card. The window will go on the GPU side since it only has a single VRM fan that spins very slow under load.

Only problem is the MSI radiator fans are 28mm so I'll swap them for some NF-A12.
I wonder if the gpu or the cpu should get the 15mm fan 😅

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Very excited :). Trying to grab a 4090 FE or Strix as well and slapping an EK block on it for this case. Will be going a dual 20mmx280mm Alphacool radiator setup to allow full 25mm fans on everything, should be enough surface area to take care of a 4090 + 13900k.

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Amazon had both the Zotac models and Suprim models listed for a few minutes a bit after midnight and I was able to place an order. They went live again for a solid 10ish minutes around 7AM PST. I like the Strix but what Asus are doing just doesn't make sense. It has 24 power stages and costs $300 more than the Suprim that has 26x70A VRM.

TBH I don't really think it was hard securing a card this time.
Strix has 28 phase vrm. Yeah it wasnt too bad depending on which model you wanted. My microcenter had around 100 cards. They all sold out though. Line was huge lol

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Strix has 28 phase vrm. Yeah it wasnt too bad depending on which model you wanted. My microcenter had around 100 cards. They all sold out though. Line was huge lol
Kinda crazy thinking how many people can afford to spend 2k on a GPU. I mean all of us here are in that group, just weird seeing it in person than hearing on the news how bad things are right now or how many people have quit their jobs.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Amazon had both the Zotac models and Suprim models listed for a few minutes a bit after midnight and I was able to place an order. They went live again for a solid 10ish minutes around 7AM PST. I like the Strix but what Asus are doing just doesn't make sense. It has 24 power stages and costs $300 more than the Suprim that has 26x70A VRM.

TBH I don't really think it was hard securing a card this time.

well its been hard for me! lol, but if I was willing to go MSI it would have been easier, but at the moment EK has not announced if they will support MSI with any blocks. Curious if EK hates MSI for some reason.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
well its been hard for me! lol, but if I was willing to go MSI it would have been easier, but at the moment EK has not announced if they will support MSI with any blocks. Curious if EK hates MSI for some reason.
If they do hate MSI, it's probably because it's MSI....

What's more troubling is the fact that Aquacomputer and Heatkiller don't seem to be making blocks for the FEs, like on the 3xxx series. With EVGA gone, I don't want to purchase any other partner cards.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020

It has a 24 phase VRM. If you're referring to the +4 as including the memory VRM sure it's 28 but that makes the MSI 30 phase. I still don't understand the Strix pricing relative to the other cards. Prior generations the price premium would get you a higher quality PCB or more robust VRM/better cooler but none of those are a reality with the Strix. +$300 is just pure Asus tax.

So far it seems feeding these cards power/frequency results in pretty mediocre gains. If I could do it over I would just get a FE and call it a day.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022

It has a 24 phase VRM. If you're referring to the +4 as including the memory VRM sure it's 28 but that makes the MSI 30 phase. I still don't understand the Strix pricing relative to the other cards. Prior generations the price premium would get you a higher quality PCB or more robust VRM/better cooler but none of those are a reality with the Strix. +$300 is just pure Asus tax.

So far it seems feeding these cards power/frequency results in pretty mediocre gains. If I could do it over I would just get a FE and call it a day.
its why I'm going for the FE, smaller board and still has the same power delivery max of 600watts. With EVGA gone Asus knows its the premier highest end 3rd party. MSI/Gigabtye/PNY and the rest are perceived as much lower quality (to their own fault, especially MSI), so bascially Asus is using its name to make a Asus/ROG/Strix tax.

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Just pre ordered a strix 4090 ekwb waterblock with active backplate. Was at microcenter this morning to get some stuff and they just got a shipment of 4090 msi suprim cards in. Was almost tempted to exchange my strix for one but decided not to because the waterblock for suprim isnt out yet. Cant wait to build this loop in the slate case!!

Teletubby89

Average Stuffer
Aug 2, 2020
WOOT!!! I was able to get a 4090 FE. I was getting frustrated, then decided to email Nvidia GeForce Experience team, asking if I could get a VIP invite, and 20 minutes later they put one in my GeForce Experience Rewards! Now just to wait for this case and my EK 4090 FE block :)
Which email ? Not had any luck same old every year , what region are you ?

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Just pre ordered a strix 4090 ekwb waterblock with active backplate. Was at microcenter this morning to get some stuff and they just got a shipment of 4090 msi suprim cards in. Was almost tempted to exchange my strix for one but decided not to because the waterblock for suprim isnt out yet. Cant wait to build this loop in the slate case!!
The Msi’s PCB is quit a bit bigger than the Strix or FE’s PCB, I think the delay we’re seeing from EK is the msi boards need a bigger block/bigger area to be designed. Given we are seeing in reviews all the cards basically perform and OC the same so far, the only differentiator seems to be size and max power cap now.

I think you made the right choice sticking with the Strix.

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
Def the CPU since its a 280mm AIO with more surface area + CPU temp is irrelevant to performance for the most part where as a GPU will drop boost bins as temp increases.
Now that the reviews are out seems like the liquid suprim runs 10°c cooler than most of the air cooled cards, It has made me reconsider again which side should get the 15mm, I suppose we shall have to wait and test...

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I got my Suprim Liquid earlier this week. Given the stock fans are 28mm I think swapping to a slim would really hurt cooling performance. Still planning on just using 2x25mm fans on it. I've undervolted it quite a bit to the point where the AIO is kind of a waste. Should have probably went with an FE.

The real question is will this thing fit in the case along with a CPU AIO. The room for hoses is super tight.