Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Update here:

I'm not sure why, but customs release for this last warehouse shipment is taking longer than expected. I'll keep you all updated. My gut tells me we may start delivering orders late Sept and into Oct.

Taylor
Thanks for keeping us posted. It's a little frustrating but nothing to do with you. Customs can be a real pain in the ass, I'm just thankful for the transparency and the ability to be a part of this run.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
Looks like some of the third parties are using 4x 8pin to 16pin adapters… wonder when we’ll see those offered by vendors.
Some are using 4x8pin adapters but only 3 are required with the 4th there for OC headroom. Personally I have no interest in running these cards balls to the walls at 500w+. I'm going to explore undervolt/OC'ing because my 3090 Ti performs identically at 375w undervolted/OC'd as it does at the stock 450w.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

I need to let you know that unfortunately we will not make the September goal. This is because of supply chain issues. The customs clearance has undergone an unusual amount of challenges. It is primarily related to some pieces of hardware in one carton of the entire shipment. They happen to be extruded aluminum which is then post CNC. For some reason they meet a certain requirement to have a bond with Fedex (our carrier), however since Protolyth is not yet two years in business they will not issue the bond.

Our course of options are:
1- We use a third party brokerage service that will take care of it, pending inquiry.
2- We have Fedex return the whole shipment just to remove the single carton (I know it seems ridiculous), then reship everything. (The hardware in the single carton could then be shipped non-freight). (This would put us at a loss of $6500 shipment cost)

I'm so sorry to keep all of you waiting so long, I'm honestly so frustrated with losing this month to back-and-forth emails. We are working really hard to get this going and one of the above options will work.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Hey Everyone,

I need to let you know that unfortunately we will not make the September goal. This is because of supply chain issues. The customs clearance has undergone an unusual amount of challenges. It is primarily related to some pieces of hardware in one carton of the entire shipment. They happen to be extruded aluminum which is then post CNC. For some reason they meet a certain requirement to have a bond with Fedex (our carrier), however since Protolyth is not yet two years in business they will not issue the bond.

1- We use a third party brokerage service that will take care of it, pending inquiry.
2- We have Fedex return the whole shipment just to remove the single carton (I know it seems ridiculous), then reship everything. (The hardware in the single carton could then be shipped non-freight). (This would put us at a loss of $6500 shipment cost)

I'm so sorry to keep all of you waiting so long, I'm honestly so frustrated with losing this month to back-and-forth emails. We are working really hard to get this going and one of the above options will work.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth

So, what you're saying is it would be a total shame if a bunch of pigeons who live near the customs office to be fed a metric ass ton of ex-lax..... got it.

• Haha
Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth
Wow Fedex. That seriously is borderline criminal IMO for them to hold up your shipment like that and not inform you of such a thing being possible before it was shipped! Man I cant even imagine how frustrated you must be right now @TaylorChiller . I really dont want to see you lose out on $6500. I really hope you can get it worked out through that brokerage service. Please dont feel pressured to meet the october delivery date, its totally understandable if you can't; considering the circumstances. Thanks for the update as always!

Reactions: 6ixty9ine

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
Hey Everyone,

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth
Appreciate the update and forthrightness!

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm so excited to get this case. Hopefully this Fedex issue is resolved over the next couple weeks.

crxss

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2022
Hey Everyone,

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth
It'll be worth the wait. And thanks for keeping open lanes for comms and visibility.

Qq, are there timelines for each of the options? Hopefully the third party is able to do it as it sounds like it could be taken care of this month and getting the case in our hands early Nov latest. Option 2 sounds like a 2023 problem.

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
Actually a Suprim X Liquid to take advantage of this cases CPU + GPU aio capability. Hopefully I can make it work.
I had thought about that card, do you know how much space there is for a cpu aio as well? is it that this case can fit one full 27mm rad + 25mm fans aio and then a second 27mm rad aio with one fan being 15mm and one 25mm? Checking if I understand correctly based on previous posts.

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I had thought about that card, do you know how much space there is for a cpu aio as well? is it that this case can fit one full 27mm rad + 25mm fans aio and then a second 27mm rad aio with one fan being 15mm and one 25mm? Checking if I understand correctly based on previous posts.
Yes those are exactly the clearances from what I understand. I'm planning on facing the PSU out and using the vented panel on the CPU side with this card. The window will go on the GPU side since it only has a single VRM fan that spins very slow under load.

Only problem is the MSI radiator fans are 28mm so I'll swap them for some NF-A12.

Reactions: firassasin

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Actually a Suprim X Liquid to take advantage of this cases CPU + GPU aio capability. Hopefully I can make it work.
I got a 4090 strix today. Gonna water block it so I can fit it in my slate case! Whered you get yours at? I got mine at microcenter (camped out overnight)

Reactions: XNine

Gmoney

Average Stuffer
Oct 23, 2020
I got a 4090 strix today. Gonna water block it so I can fit it in my slate case! Whered you get yours at? I got mine at microcenter (camped out overnight)
Amazon had both the Zotac models and Suprim models listed for a few minutes a bit after midnight and I was able to place an order. They went live again for a solid 10ish minutes around 7AM PST. I like the Strix but what Asus are doing just doesn't make sense. It has 24 power stages and costs $300 more than the Suprim that has 26x70A VRM.

TBH I don't really think it was hard securing a card this time.

crxss

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2022
Anyone know what the best AMD 5000 series motherboard is that can take full advantage of the case’s I/O?

crxss

Caliper Novice
Sep 22, 2022
Anyone know what the best AMD 5000 series motherboard is that can take full advantage of the case’s I/O?
Looking for one with optical out as well.

Also, anyone know of an ITX motherboard that can connect with nzxt rgb without their controller, like Gear Seekers did in their vid?