Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Id bet on December at the absolute earliest but more likely February for delivery. It doesnt sound like the CNC and anodizing work is done yet so best possible scenario the factory finishes that by september. Thats two months sea freight to the USA, a month of sorting and packaging and another month of batch shipments to backers. Worst case scenario the factory doesnt finish until october/november and ships during holiday season when all the shipping lanes get jammed up. If that happens, id estimate around April for delivery. Just my best guess at the situation from my experience with other similar projects to this that I have bought.
Seriously?

Oh man... I have to try and do mods and such in the dead of winter? This is proof there's no god

Wilson

Chassis Packer
Mar 23, 2020
Seriously?

Oh man... I have to try and do mods and such in the dead of winter? This is proof ther
From Taylor's email on July 25

Slate-Case AQ Progress

Hey Everyone!

First, let me apologize for missing the last few weeks of updates to you. We have been very busy.
So far we are doing well. The following list of items for manufacturing have been completed and have been shipped to our warehouse:
-PCIE 4.0 riser cables (new design required longer manufacturing time).
-Plastic parts, Front and Rear I/O assemblies (required tooling molds)
-Metal hardware and custom fasteners
What we are waiting for:
-Aluminum and steel parts

As mentioned before, the metal parts take the longest, and they are almost finished. The factory told us recently that they should be ready to ship to our warehouse by the end of the month.

This means we are still on track to push for product shipments in the beginning of September. Please remember this is our goal and is subject to change based on how long the final parts take to arrive at the warehouse.

Best Regards,

Taylor, Protolyth LLC

Reactions: DrHudacris

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey!

You're not the only one to message me about this. There is a lot going on in the world right now, so we are just focused on getting this first batch finished and validated. We are planning to launch another order hopefully beginning of next year. If we can learn some time saving processes from this first launch then maybe sooner. Thanks for asking.

Taylor
Hey thanks for reaching out,

I've been working close with the factory lately. The anodizing and finishing has taken longer than expected. They said the facility was overloaded with work. And, they wanted to make sure the parts were done right, no rushing. This has probably delayed us around 15 days.

I'm still going to be optimistic about full-filling shipments in September. I'm also considering doing air freight for this first batch; just so we can get orders done in good time.

As for great news the PCIe 4.0 cables arrived yesterday, with the other cable IO assemblies :) and they look great. I'll likely be testing each PCIE cables to make sure they work properly.

Keep you all updated,

Taylor, Protolyth

htko89

Trash Compacter
Nov 22, 2017
I pre-ordered two cases and I still want another two (looking to move my consoles in too - I can 3d model mounting options). Good to hear the project is progressing! How does demand look like? enough for another preorder period?

It's crazy that louqe / mjolnir is able to reach all those youtubers, but your case is vastly superior

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Hey thanks for reaching out,

I've been working close with the factory lately. The anodizing and finishing has taken longer than expected. They said the facility was overloaded with work. And, they wanted to make sure the parts were done right, no rushing. This has probably delayed us around 15 days.

I'm still going to be optimistic about full-filling shipments in September. I'm also considering doing air freight for this first batch; just so we can get orders done in good time.

As for great news the PCIe 4.0 cables arrived yesterday, with the other cable IO assemblies :) and they look great. I'll likely be testing each PCIE cables to make sure they work properly.

Keep you all updated,

Taylor, Protolyth
good idea on QA’ing the cables, I build a ton of builds with PcIe 4.0 risers and the fail rate, even using linkup cables, is 1/5. Just horrible luck with them (and it gets worse when certain mobos, like gigabyte, seems to be less tolerant than others with them.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Alright Everyone,

Big update here! So we finally have good visual confirmation on all of the parts, and the last parts we are waiting for. Our factory said they should be ready to ship the last metal components to our warehouse sometime this week. I've attached some images below of a few of them for reference.
Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.49.38 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.56.53 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 4.57.45 PM.png

Overall the anodize colors look like they came out pretty good. The factory spent a lot of time and work getting the dark grey to look right and consistent with each part, and I think it will pay off for the wait!

As for wait time. I am heavily considering opting for Air Freight for these last parts. It is not cheap (probably at least double the coast of Sea Ship). If we do Air then we will be able to full-fill all orders by the end of September. If we do Sea, then end of October. This is still our best estimate at our current progress!

Hope all of you are doing well!

Best,

Taylor Hill, Protolyth LLC

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
The photos probably don't do the actual finish any justice, to be honest, as even with these they're looking really good!

Can't wait!

Reactions: N9neBreak3r

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Alright Everyone,

Big update here! So we finally have good visual confirmation on all of the parts, and the last parts we are waiting for. Our factory said they should be ready to ship the last metal components to our warehouse sometime this week. I've attached some images below of a few of them for reference.
View attachment 1968 View attachment 1969 View attachment 1970

Overall the anodize colors look like they came out pretty good. The factory spent a lot of time and work getting the dark grey to look right and consistent with each part, and I think it will pay off for the wait!

As for wait time. I am heavily considering opting for Air Freight for these last parts. It is not cheap (probably at least double the coast of Sea Ship). If we do Air then we will be able to full-fill all orders by the end of September. If we do Sea, then end of October. This is still our best estimate at our current progress!

Hope all of you are doing well!

Best,

Taylor Hill, Protolyth LLC
Ohhhh Man! Im so hyped now!!! I cant believe how fast the factory got this done! If you do end up using air freight for the parts I'd have no problem sending an extra $20 your way to help offset the cost. If even a third of everyone that got a case gave an extra $10 I'd imagine it would help a lot with that.

Reactions: chev_chelios

Rybamech

Chassis Packer
Feb 20, 2022
Hey @TaylorChiller
Will the cases be fully assembled when shipping or flat packed?
And what would be the box measurements once packed, as I hope the case would fit into my check in luggage

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey @TaylorChiller
Will the cases be fully assembled when shipping or flat packed?
And what would be the box measurements once packed, as I hope the case would fit into my check in luggage
The case is preassembled, not flat-packed. Do you mean outer dimensions of the box it is shipped in?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Got my power button keycap ready for my slate case! What are you guys going to use?
That's sick! Can't wait to see what all you come up with with your build!

I've been wondering what I should do for my power button, but my style is a bit more minimalist. I have every other part ready save for that.

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
@TaylorChiller So with the final design and the core shifted for more GPU space the AQ supports 327mm x 170mm x 4 slots of depth but only 3 PCIE expansion slots tabs without modification correct? Just trying to figure everything out with the upcoming 4000 series Nvidia gpus.

cabs

Case Bender
New User
Nov 13, 2020
Hey Taylor, super excited to get my case. Some questions for you if you can spare the time:

1. Just so I can visualize - what is limiting one side from going to 30mm rad + 25mm fans? FWIW I'm fine going with a 30mm rad and a 20mm rad... I'm just curious what that radiator is hypothetically crowding in on.
  2. Assuming I use an EK waterblock on my 3080ti FE (205mm width), at most I can fit an FLT80 reservoir (80mm width) next to it (with 16mm M-M fittings connecting the two to keep width to a minimum) and not an FLT120 (120mm width). Does this sound right to you?
  3. Is there a different place where I should consider putting a reservoir (like the FLT120) instead?