Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Not sure if this was brought up before. If the case is placed in the horizontal orientation, do we have the option to cover up the rear opening for the motherboard since we could use the cable passthrough from the IO module?
If your asking if there is a cover, there is not.

Reactions: buns_o_steel

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
In one of the promotional videos I see a pump being installed. Could you give details on this, like what was used? I'm trying to figure out where im going to shove a pump and res lol.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Perfect, not sure how I missed that! Thank you.

I think the hardest problem right now is I know my EVGA 3090XTC with EK Waterblock will fit perfectly fine in this case with the pump at top, butttt I know I'll be grabbing a 4090 the day they come out, and I can only hope nvidia keeps the board length in check. Maybe a founders edition card will keep its length reasonable lol.

I have two ideas for this build, either a top mounted ddc pump/res combo as seen in the video (I'll add a tiny bleeder line to the res and hide it at the top of the case), or a CPU mounted DDC/heatsink combo (this one) and do a low profile 120mm reservoir mounted Infront of the SFX PSU (turned around so the fan is facing the GPU side). That way the res is feeding down directly to the pump. Or hell, maybe I'll try a reservoirless build with quick connects to manually bleed it and see how well that works.

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
No worries, there's a TON of info in the thread, just glad I could help!

I'll be tipping mine sideways and putting feet on it. I have a 3080 with an EK FE block, so I'm thinking of using EK's FLT80 reservor in there.... we'll see, I might be changing plans around once the case comes...may have to do some fab work.

Reactions: TaylorChiller

N9neBreak3r

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 17, 2020
Thought of an idea. If high end 40 series really do turn out to be 4 1/2 slot cards, they will still be able to fit in the slate case. Just mount the graphics card where the radiator is supposed to go. You could even probably fit a radiator where the gpu is supposed to go as well, so you wouldnt be losing out on cooling. Im not 100% this will work, but from looking at the pictures on the protolyth site, it looks viable. Thats why i love this case so much, so many possibilities and extremely friendly design with regards to modding and watercooling!

Reactions: TaylorChiller

Stonen

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2022
When planning a build in this case will an sfx-l psu fit with dual radiators or will we be limited to sfx?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
When planning a build in this case will an sfx-l psu fit with dual radiators or will we be limited to sfx?
If you use an SFX L psu with dual rads, I would suggest you use custom length cables. I've been so busy I haven't been able to update any info on what lengths that would be. The lengths also depend on what orientation you have everything too, like which way you decide to mount you PSU. In general, the cables that will benefit the most from this are the PCIe cables and any SATA/molex cables you choose to use.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

Today we placed the last order with the factories! We are still on schedule, however we are a few days later than expected. I will keep you all updated as the parts are being made and when they are finished and ready for the next stage.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Hey Everyone!

Today we placed the last order with the factories! We are still on schedule, however we are a few days later than expected. I will keep you all updated as the parts are being made and when they are finished and ready for the next stage.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth
Awesome update!

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
what’s the plan after the first successful batch? Curious if you are already thinking of version 2 or scaling up production to be able to support continual selling.

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Quick question for the SLATE....can it do two 280mm rads with full size 140mm fans on each?

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
All of the above
Wonderful!
Dual rads with 30mm thickness: 3x 25mm fans, 1x slim fan. (Note the Arctic 140mm slim will be good for this).

Dual rads, 1x 30mm and 1x 20mm, or 2x 20mm (note Alphacool new 20mm rads): 4x 25mm fans.
also worth noting, Alphacool just released new 20mm thick rads, including 280mm ones. i’ll be utilizing those to put full size 25mm fans on.

still trying to figure out where i’m going to shove a pump and res given my 3090 with ekblock is 275mm long.

Last edited:
Reactions: N9neBreak3r