Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
Depends on configuration, the website has this info. I'll take a look at see if I need to make it more visible.
Single radiator: up to 280mm 60mm thick (60mm if no front fans, should use a perf panel)
Double radiator: 280mm slim (30mm) (also note, one slim fan is needed, this is due to meeting some of the requirements for other features and keeping the case under 20L).
I understand the thickness requirements, but what about the width/depth?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I understand the thickness requirements, but what about the width/depth?
Just to make sure we are on the same page and referencing the same dimension, can you draw a simple picture as to which dimension you are curious about? Are you asking for the specific radiator clearances so you can know which brand radiators can fit.? Exp: EK 280 vs HWlabs 280.

Qzrx

Buried under radiators
Dec 29, 2019
L
Just to make sure we are on the same page and referencing the same dimension, can you draw a simple picture as to which dimension you are curious about? Are you asking for the specific radiator clearances so you can know which brand radiators can fit.? Exp: EK 280 vs HWlabs 280.
Correct, these are the dimensions I’m referencing: the width, height, and depth of the radiator.

Eg, for the 280GTS:
312mm long
153mm wide
29.7mm thick

1625880300696.png

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
Eg, for the 280GTS:
312mm long
153mm wide
29.7mm thick
I plan to use 2 of this.
@TaylorChiller Is it possible to use 2*BlackIce NEMESIS 280GTS with my Asus x570 Impact mDTX motherboard and with 4*140*15mm fans? Or I need slimer rads if i want to use 2 of them?
Tomorow I will send you all dimensions of my Red Devil.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I plan to use 2 of this.
@TaylorChiller Is it possible to use 2*BlackIce NEMESIS 280GTS with my Asus x570 Impact mDTX motherboard and with 4*140*15mm fans? Or I need slimer rads if i want to use 2 of them?
Tomorow I will send you all dimensions of my Red Devil.
Hey @Fitchew , I think I mentioned in a comment some time ago that if you use mDTX doing dual radiators might be difficult. DTX reaches 30mm further than ITX, This basically takes up the available space for the second rad. If you add the available space together, in general, it is a total of 100mm (plus extra space above the motherboard line). DTX takes 30mm of that, so you're left with 70mm (plus above motherboard line). For a safe route, you could use two 20mm rads from XSPC with at least 2 slim fans, and 2 normal fans.

I attached an image of an example dual rad build with ITX: dimensions are based off using 140mm components.
Green is rad (30mm)
Blue is fan (25mm)
Light Blue is Slim fan (15mm)
Red line is DTX dimension

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any ideas or questions

Also forgot to mention, space will be tight and since I haven't strictly tested DTX motherboards in this case I can't guarantee everything will work smoothly for DTX in a dual configuration.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 5.37.00 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-10 at 5.37.00 PM.png
    187.4 KB · Views: 116
Reactions: Fitchew

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
Please send pictures, and some dimensions with calipers. Zero from the pcb or edge of the PCI bracket if you can so I can know the thickness of the backplate. I looked at some photos online and Im inclined to say it will fit. Can you also give me an accurate measurement of the thickness? I'd like to know if you would have to shift the mid bracket. (also, if you bias the mid bracket for the GPU and shift it (less CPU height more GPU) and then add standoffs (0.5in length) you can add clearance for the backplate or even an Active cooler or the rear mounted memory as seen on the 3090. I'm still verifying the active cooler fit but should be possible).

Metal backplate thickness - 1 mm
PCB thickness - 1.5 mm
Gap between PCB and Backplate - 4.5 mm
PCB+Backplate thickness - 7 mm
Full card thickness in most thick place - 61 mm
Full card thickness in not most thick place - 59 mm

Reactions: TaylorChiller

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Metal backplate thickness - 1 mm
PCB thickness - 1.5 mm
Gap between PCB and Backplate - 4.5 mm
PCB+Backplate thickness - 7 mm
Full card thickness in most thick place - 61 mm
Full card thickness in not most thick place - 59 mm

@Fitchew , Your Red Devil 6900XT will fit in the SlateCase :).

Are you planning to put this on air and CPU on water?

Reactions: Fitchew

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
@TaylorChiller I bought my RedDevil back in January and hoped that EKWB would release a separate block for it. But they are collaborating with PowerColor again, so a separate block for the card did not appear and most likely will not appear. Then I started trying to buy a block from Alphacool, and unfortunately I haven’t succeeded so far as it almost constantly unavailable for purchase on any market. My last hope is to buy a block from Bykski from Ali. So as soon as I manage to do this, I will switch the card to liquid cooling.

My plan was to move the graphics card, processor and VRM on the motherboard to liquid cooling. But for now only processor has its liquid cooling.
At the moment, the biggest problem is to make a water block for the motherboard VRM. I made the first version of the 3D model of the water block, which still needs some work, and so far I have not found a contractor to manufacture it.

Last edited:

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
It may be a bit larger than the W1 for similar hardware but damn if this doesn't look clean:

Fitchew

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 2, 2019
It may be a bit larger than the W1 for similar hardware but damn if this doesn't look clean:

I am very jealous! I want to hear as many details as possible about this build and what difficulties did you encounter during the build in this case?

Enamel_32

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2020
Is air version abadonned? Intersting for me for external MoRA build.
It was mentioned earlier in the thread that the air version will come some time after the aq version. Setting all this stuff up for production takes a lot of effort and it's much easier to execute on making one product (and making it well) rather than the two simultaneously.

Reactions: TaylorChiller