Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

robojim

Airflow Optimizer
Jun 18, 2020
Based on the Formd T1 news on reviews units being sent out, Ali is in the process of moving to a new space so can't do reviews at the moment. I don't know when he'll be back up an running.
I think he also wants to stick to in-production units so maybe Taylor should send him a final production unit?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

Just letting you know I will be making some announcements int he next couple days! These are just to follow through with the overall turnout on the pre-order phase and what to expect next. This includes making sure all of you are familiar with the timeline and what we are doing to make sure this project has a successful production cycle.

Thanks again for all of you that have supported us we couldn't do this without you!

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth LLC

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

So exciting news! We have upgraded everyone to PCIe 4.0. this means that by default the SlateCase will always come with this riser gen 4 cable. We put a lot of attention to this and it hurt the wallet a bit, but we received enough feedback to validate this decision.

Aside from that we are preparing everything to place orders with the factories. In this process we are triple checking all our numbers and logistics. We need to make sure everything is good from the start so production goes as quickly and effectively as possible. This is also to pass one final project validation check.

I'm sending emails out to everyone that has placed a pre-order to ensure they are knowledgeable about the timeline and when to expect deliveries to start. As for any project like this it is possible to be affected by supply chain ups and downs they cannot be controlled on our end, so we greatly appreciate your patience!

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

Stonen

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2022
Not sure if this has been answered but if running 2x280mm by 30mm slim radiators will standard 25mm fans work? With the center plate directly center how much space is there per side?

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Not sure if this has been answered but if running 2x280mm by 30mm slim radiators will standard 25mm fans work? With the center plate directly center how much space is there per side?
You'll need one of those fans to be a slim fan.... which is why I'm thinking I may just do a 280 and 180.... Even though I've already purchased 2 280 rads, lol.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
You'll need one of those fans to be a slim fan.... which is why I'm thinking I may just do a 280 and 180.... Even though I've already purchased 2 280 rads, lol.
i’m doing 2x 2 slim xspc 20mm thick radiators with full sizes a12x25 fans, my calculations show they’ll work perfect. plus i’ve done a ton of benches on the slim rads (as I use one in my 011 build) and they performed amazingly well, within a few degrees of hardware labs 30mm rads.

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
i’m doing 2x 2 slim xspc 20mm thick radiators with full sizes a12x25 fans, my calculations show they’ll work perfect. plus i’ve done a ton of benches on the slim rads (as I use one in my 011 build) and they performed amazingly well, within a few degrees of hardware labs 30mm rads.
Yeah, I bought the Corsair rads since their HWLabs, and the HWLabs are sold out everywhere.

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Yeah, I bought the Corsair rads since their HWLabs, and the HWLabs are sold out everywhere.
I mean we won't be getting these cases for another 6+ months, lol, so I imagine things will be coming in and out of stock in that time.

Stonen

Cable Smoosher
May 13, 2022
I'm actually considering a slim 20mm x 240mm from xspc and then a slim 30mm x 280mm from koolance. The xspc has 22fpi and the koolance has 30fpi. I plan to use noctua fans either doing positive pressure or neutral pressure setup. Although I'm not sure what the difference is using 2 280mm rads with 1 slim fan or the 240mm and 280mm rads with full size fans.

huntidal

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 26, 2022
Not sure if this was brought up before. If the case is placed in the horizontal orientation, do we have the option to cover up the rear opening for the motherboard since we could use the cable passthrough from the IO module?

Pagusas

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2022
Pre-ordered a Natural Aluminum model. I hope that’s the two-tone with the silver at the top and bottom.
This one is the natural aluminum: