Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

I'm so SORRY! I didn't get any notifications at all the past week! @XNine DMed me and I finally saw all these!
I've been so busy lately trying to satisfy everyone its ridiculous. Long story short we are doing well, however we would like to receive more orders domestically.

Our main driver to extending the pre-order window to May 15th was because we have had a lot of people requesting for Reviewer Samples sent to influencers. In order to meet that request we extended this window. We felt it was important for people to know that they are pre-ordering something high-quality and will feel good about their order. We sent a sample to the following youtubers:

Gear Seekers
Machines and More

They both are really good at explaining the details and should help answer a lot of your questions.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Reactions: TaylorChiller

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

I just sent out an email, if you haven't received it remember to sign up for the newsletters!

BIG PCIe 4.0 news! We put a lot of work into getting a PCIe 4.0 design ready. As an additional promotion, if we reach a certain number of pre-orders this first run we will UPGRADE all pre-orders to include a PCIe 4.0 cable! These are not cheap so we are taking a small hit on this, but we felt it valuable enough.

There is still time to get orders in by May 15th, so share if you can!

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Is there a model# for the PCI 4 Riser from Linkup that's recommended? I know it's 30cm, but is it this one?:
PCIE4EXT11SR-030
I think this should be it:

Reactions: XNine

firassasin

Chassis Packer
Apr 25, 2022
Sorry if this has been answered clearly somewhere, but I have looked over the website and also watched the videos posted and I am still unclear. For graphics card compatibility, does this case have support for 3 expansion slot cards? I can clearly see it has the height clearance, but I cannot tell if the metal frame supports 3 expansion bracket slots, or just 2? I.E. could a 3090FE fit in this case?

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Sorry if this has been answered clearly somewhere, but I have looked over the website and also watched the videos posted and I am still unclear. For graphics card compatibility, does this case have support for 3 expansion slot cards? I can clearly see it has the height clearance, but I cannot tell if the metal frame supports 3 expansion bracket slots, or just 2? I.E. could a 3090FE fit in this case?
@firassasin Yes the 3090 FE will fit in Sandwich layout. You need to shift the middle bracket holding the motherboard to allow 3 PCIe slot clearance. I would recommend using an AIO for the CPU.

To be specific about the numbers. The Slate Case supports up to 3 PCIe slots, (it could fit up to 4 if you wanted to cut 2mm off the PCIe flange but I'm not going to tell people to do that).

As for GPU Cooler Clearance it suppports up to 4 slots in Sandwich layout.

Trade Bracket is different: it will support up to even 5 PCIe slots and GPU cooler clearance, but has lower height/width clearance. We suggest 135mm, however we did fit the Aorus Etreme 3080 (140mm width) in Trad Bracket layout. This was possible because the power connectors are recessed to help with space. As for the 3090 FE, it will fit as long as that 12 pin power connector doesn't prevent the side panel from closing, which we haven'ed been able to test yet.

Hope this helps

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
EDIT: so since it is such a small allowance (2mm) to make 3 PCIe slots to work without shifting the middle bracket, we may just make that adjustment to the design.

6ixty9ine

Caliper Novice
Feb 13, 2020
This will depend on your cable head sizes. If you can give me the dimensions for this I can check for you.
They're 20 x 10mm, and yes, headers are in a single line. Not too sure of right-angle converter dimensions if I have to get them though.

Though I was thinking along the lines of having too many wires to fit into the passthrough since it has to accommodate the USBs going to mobo I/O as well.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone,

Just updating you all. Things are going well! In this last week and half for pre-orders we are just pushing a little more to get the numbers we want. It we get 50 more orders we can upgrade to PCIe 4.0 riser cables!

SSbuild posted a second video of a quick build so you can see the inner workings a little more:

Take note, there will be more detailed content to come. Especially over this weekend. I am going to post some content of the Slate-Case accommodating the 3090 ti with the largest radiator you can fit on the CPU (HWlabs 280 GTR). Stay tuned for that.

Best regards,

Taylor, Protolyth

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Since I'm going with the feet, it'll be nice to do away with the rear I/O panel altogether. Free up some space for some extra hardware. All I want for christmas is for this bad boy to ship on time.... or early!