Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Hey Everyone!

Also see the edits to the first post on this thread!
We have made some important updates to the website, especially in response to all the good feedback we received in prior posts. Among these changes there will be some more to come including some more diagrams for the product page.

>Most importantly - April 15th is the new Pre-Order date<

-This may be a disappointment to some of you, however this is a good thing. We chose to reevaluate this timeline because we want to ensure a high quality product. This led us to resource a power cable extension for proper certification with UL and CE listings.

-If you have any questions let us know!

>Please view the new webpage updates - New Timeline Diagram<

-Improved visuals to help tell the build story, and technical details (more diagrams to come)

-Included the option for choosing the panels you want (one perforated option required).

-Color choice as well, although this is heavily based on order quantity.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
Hey Everyone!

Also see the edits to the first post on this thread!
We have made some important updates to the website, especially in response to all the good feedback we received in prior posts. Among these changes there will be some more to come including some more diagrams for the product page.

>Most importantly - April 15th is the new Pre-Order date<

-This may be a disappointment to some of you, however this is a good thing. We chose to reevaluate this timeline because we want to ensure a high quality product. This led us to resource a power cable extension for proper certification with UL and CE listings.

-If you have any questions let us know!

>Please view the new webpage updates - New Timeline Diagram<

-Improved visuals to help tell the build story, and technical details (more diagrams to come)

-Included the option for choosing the panels you want (one perforated option required).

-Color choice as well, although this is heavily based on order quantity.

Best,

Taylor, Protolyth

After the recent recalls from NZXT and Fractal for power related fires, I don't think anyone here will complain about waiting a little longer for a higher quality certified wiring... Good looking out!

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
After the recent recalls from NZXT and Fractal for power related fires, I don't think anyone here will complain about waiting a little longer for a higher quality certified wiring... Good looking out!
Fun story: Back when I worked for NZXT, I was the tester for the Phantom 820 case. I did a lot of mods on the case, full watercooling, etc. Anyway, I was doing the whole power cycle/fill loop thing, and suddenly flames came from the top of the chassis. I found that the RGB controller (first of it's kind, if I remember right) had burned out. Not only did the controller burn out, it took my SSD and my Aquaero with it.

Turns out that there was the tiniest of burn spots on the underside of the PCB on the RGB controller, when it got too hot it fried the board and shorted everything on that cable from the PSU (which was a Seasonic). Needless to say they ended up fixing it before shipping production models and they ordered me a better SSD and a new Aquaero, which was nice, but still.... It's not the first time their stuff's gone up in flames. lol

SoSquidTaste

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 26, 2018
Fun story: Back when I worked for NZXT, I was the tester for the Phantom 820 case. I did a lot of mods on the case, full watercooling, etc. Anyway, I was doing the whole power cycle/fill loop thing, and suddenly flames came from the top of the chassis. I found that the RGB controller (first of it's kind, if I remember right) had burned out. Not only did the controller burn out, it took my SSD and my Aquaero with it.

Turns out that there was the tiniest of burn spots on the underside of the PCB on the RGB controller, when it got too hot it fried the board and shorted everything on that cable from the PSU (which was a Seasonic). Needless to say they ended up fixing it before shipping production models and they ordered me a better SSD and a new Aquaero, which was nice, but still.... It's not the first time their stuff's gone up in flames. lol
Exceedingly relevant user photo

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
The EK 3080 FE block.
So in the video I used EKs VTC pump Res combo, although people tend to like the DDC one more. With your GPU block there is enough clearance for it. Take in mind though that with some components like this, you will need to bleed the air from your loop well so that the pump doesn't suck up an air bubbles from the res tube (since it may be near the top of the case). Some reservoirs even have little flaps or tubes that reduce turbulence that also help with this as well.

Reactions: XNine

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
So in the video I used EKs VTC pump Res combo, although people tend to like the DDC one more. With your GPU block there is enough clearance for it. Take in mind though that with some components like this, you will need to bleed the air from your loop well so that the pump doesn't suck up an air bubbles from the res tube (since it may be near the top of the case). Some reservoirs even have little flaps or tubes that reduce turbulence that also help with this as well.
I appreciate the response. I may just have to go that route, Ave being that I want to tip the case sideways, may not have as much of an issue with the filling....

I wonder if there would be enough space for one of EKs flat reservoirs with a DDC on it? I imagine a D5 is out of the question, but a good DDC should be more than fine.

Think I'll try EKs hardline fittings.. I've been a bitspower guy for years, but I like their new torque lineup.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I appreciate the response. I may just have to go that route, Ave being that I want to tip the case sideways, may not have as much of an issue with the filling....

I wonder if there would be enough space for one of EKs flat reservoirs with a DDC on it? I imagine a D5 is out of the question, but a good DDC should be more than fine.

Think I'll try EKs hardline fittings.. I've been a bitspower guy for years, but I like their new torque lineup.
The reservoir you're mentioning from EK should fit. I'll need to double check that the hole patterns on the bracket work. It seems to be a never ending process to try and get the right setup for hole patterns on this bracket haha.

• Haha
Reactions: XNine

BigBadGiantHand

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 29, 2020
Did I miss the preorder period? Website shows all purchased options as greyed out, and “coming soon” on one page and “sold out “ on the other.