Completed SLATE-CASE AQ >>Status Update - Finalizing Order Fulfillments!

Max Fischer

Cable Smoosher
Mar 22, 2020
Wow. I feel I'm a bit late, but this case looks simply amazing! Especially that mesh front. ? Real talk: Ive been a forum lurker on here off and on for a while (hi everyone), following the progress of a couple different cases in the search for my next case, but after stumbling across this, I had to sign up just to express my support for this case.
Couple notes/questions:

- That power button is brilliant! The case is so clean that the power button is almost like an understated focal point. I assume you chose the Cherry Greens because of the force required to press it (80g). Have you found if the button is too easy to press? Would a slightly heavier switch like the Aliaz 100g offer enough of a difference to prevent accidental bumps?

- Someone correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed something: It looks like in order to keep that clean style, traditional front panel I/O ports have been moved to the back by the power? Assuming the aluminum panels are the same/solid on both sides, how are mobo I/O ports accessed? is there space on the back panel next to the power connector to route mobo I/O cables out?

- Personally I feel a handle on the case would take away from the case aesthetically.

- Do you have funding or are you planning on crowdfunding?

Vacceo

Average Stuffer
Mar 17, 2020
I don´t know about thermals and cable management, but in aesthetics, its desing is simply stunning. I have a couple questions regarding this case:

-Would it allow the use of a DTX motherboard?
-Is it possible to use a front and back super slim radiator (XSPC 20mm). Would it be worth it instead of a thicker (HWL GTX) radiator? In the case of something that size, it shouldn´t be too hard to fit an EK flat reservoir in the intake fans.

-I agree with other posters about a flat optional button to keep the aesthetics as flush as possible. I guess that´s a minor issue.

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
One idea could be to use hot-swap sockets for the power switch, instead of soldering it to the wires directly. This way we can choose our own switch-type :) I've done this to two of my mech-keebs and it is a awesome feature to have.

Good idea.

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
As a mechanical keyboard enthusiast that power button won me over in an instant lol.

Just some questions:
1. Would all cases be shipped with the Cherry MX Green switches and the cap?
2. When you say 2.75 slot GPU support, what is the measurement in mm?
3. I see that you wrote 1-5 2.5" drives can be mounted, would there be any support for 3.5" drives? Judging from your render and assuming I don't use 240mm AIO, I think it should be able to be crammed somewhere inside lol.
4. Small suggestion: Mesh/perforated sheet metal side panel as another option to tempered glass?

Looking good! Would keep an eye on this one for sure.

Reactions: TaylorChiller

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Is there a size comparison to other cases I could see?

Hey guys sorry for such a late response to your messages. Things have just been crazy with this covid crap. @Ricky I can put together a simple image to compare various case sizes over next week :)

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
Love the design, love the concept, also love the power button, but i think you can make more small rather than this..

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Wow. I feel I'm a bit late, but this case looks simply amazing! Especially that mesh front. ? Real talk: Ive been a forum lurker on here off and on for a while (hi everyone), following the progress of a couple different cases in the search for my next case, but after stumbling across this, I had to sign up just to express my support for this case.
Couple notes/questions:

- That power button is brilliant! The case is so clean that the power button is almost like an understated focal point. I assume you chose the Cherry Greens because of the force required to press it (80g). Have you found if the button is too easy to press? Would a slightly heavier switch like the Aliaz 100g offer enough of a difference to prevent accidental bumps?

- Someone correct me if I'm wrong or if I missed something: It looks like in order to keep that clean style, traditional front panel I/O ports have been moved to the back by the power? Assuming the aluminum panels are the same/solid on both sides, how are mobo I/O ports accessed? is there space on the back panel next to the power connector to route mobo I/O cables out?

- Personally I feel a handle on the case would take away from the case aesthetically.

- Do you have funding or are you planning on crowdfunding?
@Max Fischer Thanks so much for your initial support. Things are just so slow right now especially for small companies.
-power switch: I've had no problems with the 80g switch, I would expect the 100g to be better though just in the case of redundancy, I'll look into it.
-Cables: cable management you can expect to have a similar experience to dual chamber cases like the louqe ghost, however slightly cleaner since I've designed the routing for all the Mobo cables to go behind the psu. For the Mobo io connectors they route out the back very similar to the new vertical case from NZXT. I'm actually excited they released that case because it validated my design very well. The difference is that I plan to have interchangable port plates for the front and back so people could have options for their needs. Right now the original rear plate that a DP, 2 usb, and Pwr. They connector to he Mobo via expensions. Makes a super clean result.
-Funding: This is something I'm am reworking a bit. My initial goal is to crowdfund. There are a couple other options including preordering and making them in batches (slower but gets more outreach sooner).

Hope this helps! Thank you guys for your patience!

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
I don´t know about thermals and cable management, but in aesthetics, its desing is simply stunning. I have a couple questions regarding this case:

-Would it allow the use of a DTX motherboard?
-Is it possible to use a front and back super slim radiator (XSPC 20mm). Would it be worth it instead of a thicker (HWL GTX) radiator? In the case of something that size, it shouldn´t be too hard to fit an EK flat reservoir in the intake fans.

-I agree with other posters about a flat optional button to keep the aesthetics as flush as possible. I guess that´s a minor issue.
@Vacceo I've had a few people now ask about putting two slim rads in this. It's designed to use up to one 280x 45mm rad. Support for two rads is definitely in my designs and consideration and people may be able to mod this for that support. This is something I need to do more testing on.
DTX will not fix in this iteration.
I'll look at that radiator suggestion. Right now you can fit a 50mm tube res and a ddc pump inside the gpu chamber side. I want to include a simple bracket for mounting this res with the case yo make it a smoother process for everyone.

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
As a mechanical keyboard enthusiast that power button won me over in an instant lol.

Just some questions:
1. Would all cases be shipped with the Cherry MX Green switches and the cap?
2. When you say 2.75 slot GPU support, what is the measurement in mm?
3. I see that you wrote 1-5 2.5" drives can be mounted, would there be any support for 3.5" drives? Judging from your render and assuming I don't use 240mm AIO, I think it should be able to be crammed somewhere inside lol.
4. Small suggestion: Mesh/perforated sheet metal side panel as another option to tempered glass?

Looking good! Would keep an eye on this one for sure.
@cldskt hey!
-each case will have the switch and the cap.
-for specific measure in mm it would probably be around 50mm for 2.75, need to double check on that. That's taking in consider of a solid panel, if there was an option for a mesh side panel that it could easily expend to 3slots.
-haha I guess you could fit a 3.5 drive in that space but it would take up reservation for 4 of the 2.5 slots and may restrict exhaust airflow.
-Not the only one to ask about mesh side panels. The only reasons you would need this is you like the look, you want to possibly to 2 radiators on nonrecycled air flow, or you want even more gpu and CPU cooler height. So far the design with the solid side panels is performing very well especially since there is almost no obstruction in linear airflow.

Reactions: Soul_Est and cldskt

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Oct 10, 2019
Love the design, love the concept, also love the power button, but i think you can make more small rather than this..
@kazuma86 hey! Thanks for the feedback! Yes you could make this case smaller with same aesthetics. The current design is aimed at a balance of size and performance output based on with I've found my initial demographic to represent. Future designs for smaller cases will come. Also, take into account that there is case volume being used at the bottom to provide cable routing for the rear IO. This takes up about 2.2 liters of space. If I made the design with a traditional arrangement it would bring the case down to 17ish liters. Then there's resizing it for smaller cooling options. So 15-16 liters would be easily attainable. I'll be showing some content for this after this first phase of product development.

Reactions: fabio

kazuma86

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 12, 2020
@kazuma86 hey! Thanks for the feedback! Yes you could make this case smaller with same aesthetics. The current design is aimed at a balance of size and performance output based on with I've found my initial demographic to represent. Future designs for smaller cases will come. Also, take into account that there is case volume being used at the bottom to provide cable routing for the rear IO. This takes up about 2.2 liters of space. If I made the design with a traditional arrangement it would bring the case down to 17ish liters. Then there's resizing it for smaller cooling options. So 15-16 liters would be easily attainable. I'll be showing some content for this after this first phase of product development.

I will wait that. I Couldn't handle my self with your power button, crazy idea but will be one of interesting in this design.. Will wait information for the production too.. Hope everything gonna be okay soon..

Reactions: bricemx and fabio

cldskt

Trash Compacter
Mar 5, 2020
@cldskt hey!
-each case will have the switch and the cap.
-for specific measure in mm it would probably be around 50mm for 2.75, need to double check on that. That's taking in consider of a solid panel, if there was an option for a mesh side panel that it could easily expend to 3slots.
-haha I guess you could fit a 3.5 drive in that space but it would take up reservation for 4 of the 2.5 slots and may restrict exhaust airflow.
-Not the only one to ask about mesh side panels. The only reasons you would need this is you like the look, you want to possibly to 2 radiators on nonrecycled air flow, or you want even more gpu and CPU cooler height. So far the design with the solid side panels is performing very well especially since there is almost no obstruction in linear airflow.
Thanks for the detailed response! My GPU was advertised as 2.5-slot GPU in the spec sheet but really it's more like 2.8-2.9-slot with its chonky 57mm thickness (Palit Super Jetstream). Massive heatsink and fan kept the card cool but it's a headache finding a good SFF case without changing the GPU lol. Perhaps a movable spine to choose between 2-slot or 3-slot GPU? ?

Also I realised I never asked this: the bottom 'platform' whereby you put the front and back IO on, what is the inner construction like for it? Thinking if it is spacious enough I can always fit storage drives there as well. Or you could go the other way around: if currently you are only using small area of that platform, you could always reduce the size of the case further by moving the IO connectors on the main chamber instead of having a dedicated platform for it.

Magical_Magas

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2020
@TaylorChiller Dude, the faster I can get this thing the better!

I'm so in love with this build and how it looks. Thing it would be possible to make a version centered around 120mm fans instead of 140?

Just thoughts!

Maniac

Average Stuffer
Oct 18, 2018

Magical_Magas

Efficiency Noob
Apr 21, 2020
Because it would be a bit slimmer and reduce the Liter size. It was just a question and an idea in regards to what someone else was talking about in regards to reducing size. Not saying that's what I want or anything. Just thinking out loud. Someone might want a slimmer/smaller case with this design. It's efficient and very nice looking.