Prototype SLATE AIR & AQ, (15.4L and 19.9L) >>HUGE CHANGES<< modular cooling, Looking for Feedback!

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
I love the idea of the clean rear panel with the extension ports at the bottom, really makes it seem like a console or an appliance. The case reminds me of Apple's MacPro with the airflow and consolidated i/o. I like it a lot, though I don't really care for glass side panels or the key switch pwr button; they both dress it down, imo. Still a super cool project, and I'd definitely consider it.

Reactions: TaylorChiller

bf3magic

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 2, 2021
For the AQ version reminds me of the Corsair One. What if we narrow the case down to only allow two slim TX240 rads on the sides, but add a single exhaust fan on the top of the case? I know this would be a pretty big structural change but I always thought case ideas like this was cool.

Fitchew

Average Stuffer
Feb 2, 2019
I would like to check in this thread, as I have been following the progress of this case for a long time. I want to cast my vote for
Mass Production Style, because after all the price matters more for many of us. In addition, the rejection of the benefits of Artisan Style is not so significant, as the appearance, style, engineering and materials remain at a very high level. The biggest loss from choosing Mass Production Style is waiting time. But the lower the price for a quality product, the higher the demand, and therefore the more opportunities for production.
I am targeting the SLATE AQ version.

By the way, I wanted to ask if there are any visual or engineering improvements to the airflow of the case? In your Instagram I saw a visualization with a 3d texture mesh panel. Very fresh as for me

MOD EDIT: Multi posts merged. Please use the "Edit" button in the future to avoid multi posting ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

TaylorChiller

Super Magical Detailer
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Oct 10, 2019
I would like to check in this thread, as I have been following the progress of this case for a long time. I want to cast my vote for
Mass Production Style, because after all the price matters more for many of us. In addition, the rejection of the benefits of Artisan Style is not so significant, as the appearance, style, engineering and materials remain at a very high level. The biggest loss from choosing Mass Production Style is waiting time. But the lower the price for a quality product, the higher the demand, and therefore the more opportunities for production.
I am targeting the SLATE AQ version.

By the way, I wanted to ask if there are any visual or engineering improvements to the airflow of the case? In your Instagram I saw a visualization with a 3d texture mesh panel. Very fresh as for me

MOD EDIT: Multi posts merged. Please use the "Edit" button in the future to avoid multi posting ;)
@Fitchew Hey thanks for the input. That is very valid concerning the price structure. I'm going to make a big update post with more details on where I have come to for the business model. The issue right now is that, many of you have been waiting for quite a long time for this project, and, I want to reward that by taking a path that reaches production sooner while still maintaining quality.

With that said, and because I need to regain some momentum, I've decided to take a less risk approach. I will be doing a "kickoff" presale and inventory stock. This will be at low MOQ. I've found a path that we can do this while still securing a competitive price; $225 - $275. If things go well during this initial phase, we will then move toward mass production.

Give me a few days and I will have a website up and running where those of you can signup on a waitlist/newsletter while we finalize factory sample validation.

Included in the big update: engineering and design changes, component compatibility list, business structure, and other details. (I'll be changing the initial thread post for this)