Skyreach 4 TINY with HDPLEX 250w GaN AIO help

• Thread starter Deleted member 31109
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31109

Original poster
I found a Skyreach 4 Tiny locally used for a good price. I want to use the HDPLEX Gan 250w AIO in it. I know the dimensions of the PSU will work because they match the 400w one which NFC shows working in their videos.

The issue I have is that the power connector on the new AIO PSU is a square type 3 pin (I think its called C6 or C14). The Skyreach 4 Tiny only has circular cutouts for the GX16 type connector.

What is the best way to address this? Is there a DIY solution? Like, make a female GX16 connector that replaces the square one? Anyone done this or know of any tutorials? Then I would also need to make a AC 100v (US) to GX16 plug as well. Is this all possible and safe?

I do see that I can order a custom rear IO plate from NFC but they only offer them in acrylic and I was hoping to keep the metal rear plate to help dissipate heat better.

DASBOOT

Airflow Optimizer
Dec 31, 2017
The GX16 can handle the voltage. The cleaner look than a GX16 is Weipu 12 or 16 3 pin which you could resolder. If you buy a cable from Josh it will come with a proper connector.
Larry at HDplex also has the mickey mouse IEC version (IEC 60320 C5) but with either IEC you will have to make a template and Dremel and drill over the 16mm hole area.
Weipu 3 pin

D

Deleted member 31109

Original poster
Looks like one way or another you gotta change connectors. I've done a bunch of research the last few days and will be cutting off the EL connector and just hard wiring it to a GX12 for power. I messaged Larry and he actually though the S4T had C6 support out of the box. Im sure NFC or HDPLEX will offer some solution eventually but Ill just make my own stuff for now.

D

Deleted member 31109

Original poster

snoopy7548

What's an ITX?
New User
Jul 30, 2022
I'm currently building a S4T system, but I'm using the Mean Well RPS-200-12-C, and I was faced with a similar issue. I spent days searching around for a nice-looking 16mm receptacle since I wasn't really impressed by the GX16 ones.

I finally settled on a receptable and compatible connector from Chogori, found on Digikey. The shell material is plastic (I would have preferred metal).

Receptacle

Connector

You can browse through their catalog; I had wanted the right-angle connector but it wasn't in stock.

Here's what it looks like:

Also, if you're looking to fill the 12mm hole with something, here's a switch that works. I had a hard time finding a suitable switch as well, since just about all of the nice round push-button ones needed a 20mm mounting hole.

Power Switch

Here's what the finished rear will look like:

Josh | NFC

Not From Concentrate
NFC Systems
Jun 12, 2015
www.nfc-systems.com
Hello everyone.

Someone from the discord let me know they needed my help in answering the questions raised in this thread.

I found a Skyreach 4 Tiny locally used for a good price. I want to use the HDPLEX Gan 250w AIO in it. I know the dimensions of the PSU will work because they match the 400w one which NFC shows working in their videos.

The issue I have is that the power connector on the new AIO PSU is a square type 3 pin (I think its called C6 or C14). The Skyreach 4 Tiny only has circular cutouts for the GX16 type connector.

What is the best way to address this? Is there a DIY solution? Like, make a female GX16 connector that replaces the square one? Anyone done this or know of any tutorials? Then I would also need to make a AC 100v (US) to GX16 plug as well. Is this all possible and safe?

I do see that I can order a custom rear IO plate from NFC but they only offer them in acrylic and I was hoping to keep the metal rear plate to help dissipate heat better.

1. We do have the GX16 to ELR connectors for sale (loose) if you want to order one separate from our braided AC cables. As always, EVERY accessory we sell on the website we have a video on how to make yourself. I think the video for this is in the livestreams playlist on the Youtube page.
  2. You can order a custom IO as you point out; we can make them out of any material and any metal.
  3. We can make it out of solid brass or titanium if you want, or you can order it cerakoted aluminum. The catch is I don't think you can use a C6 connector with the 2D bezel and instead you would need to order a 3D bezel, which we have tons of materials and choices. If you want something you don't see on the website, just email us.

Thanks!