SkyBracket Duo with R9 Nano

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Hey everyone,
Trying to cool and quiet down my R9 Nano. I'm wondering how much it would help to take the stock fan/shroud off and use two 92mm fans on a SkyBracket to cool it.

Has anyone on here tried this with a Nano?

Shiracco

Efficiency Noob
New User
Nov 24, 2018
I dont have any experience with running the Nano in that configuration, however i have disassembled the Nano to replace the thermal paste. The card is very easy to take apart, and you can find people doing it with a quick youtube search. You would probably need zip ties to hold the stock heat sink to the card however, as the screws holding it on also hold the shroud on.

Also I dont really know how well this would work, because the fans on the sky bracket would be cooling the bottom of the card. So id imagine it could work very well if you could mount the Nano with the heatsink facing up towards the sky bracket.

nycalex

Average Stuffer
Nov 6, 2018
i did this on a 1070ti mini. it works better than stock fans.

but sticking the 2 92mm aftermarket fans directly on top of the heatsink will net you 3-5 degrees better. This was huge for me since i wanted to stay below 70 degrees.

reifnotreef

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Feb 10, 2019
Also I dont really know how well this would work, because the fans on the sky bracket would be cooling the bottom of the card. So id imagine it could work very well if you could mount the Nano with the heatsink facing up towards the sky bracket.

I would mount the SkyBracket under the GPU so it's on the shroud side.

but sticking the 2 92mm aftermarket fans directly on top of the heatsink will net you 3-5 degrees better. This was huge for me since i wanted to stay below 70 degrees.

That's what I'm thinking. Using two Noctua NF-A9x14's on the SkyBracket.
Or just mounting them somehow, if they wont fit between the shroud and case with the bracket installed