Discussion Silverstone SX750-PT vs Corsair SF750

SFF Watercooled

Master of Cramming
Original poster
Sep 26, 2020
The Silverstone SX750-PT is supposedly going to launch Q4 2020, which is going to be very very soon. Its suggested retail price is $169.99 and is a direct competitor to the Corsair SF750. Also, the SX750-PT is slightly smaller than the SF750, so maybe it leaves more room for cables. When the SX750-PT is released, people will probably be having a hard time choosing between them. My question is, are there major differences that set them apart? (Or if one PSU is better the the other)

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Silverstone PSUs are known to be quite loud, like the SX700-PT, so it will be interesting to see whether they will improve the fan on this model. Corsair have a bit higher semi-passive mode at 300W load compared to Silverstone at 250W. Sleeved cables vs ribbon cables too. If the price is too close, I think people still prefer to buy Corsair but might be forced to choose Silverstone if there is no stock for SF750.

Also, not sure what you mean by smaller size? According to their website specs, they are exactly the same standard SFX size so the Silverstone doesn't have an advantage on that side.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
The Silverstone SX750-PT is supposedly going to launch Q4 2020, which is going to be very very soon. Its suggested retail price is $169.99 and is a direct competitor to the Corsair SF750. Also, the SX750-PT is slightly smaller than the SF750, so maybe it leaves more room for cables. When the SX750-PT is released, people will probably be having a hard time choosing between them. My question is, are there major differences that set them apart? (Or if one PSU is better the the other)
Silverstone PSUs are known to be quite loud, like the SX700-PT, so it will be interesting to see whether they will improve the fan on this model. Corsair have a bit higher semi-passive mode at 300W load compared to Silverstone at 250W. Sleeved cables vs ribbon cables too. If the price is too close, I think people still prefer to buy Corsair but might be forced to choose Silverstone if there is no stock for SF750.

Also, not sure what you mean by smaller size? According to their website specs, they are exactly the same standard SFX size so the Silverstone doesn't have an advantage on that side.

We have a topic dedicated on silverstone SF750 : https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/silverstonetek-sx750-sfx-750w-platinum-semi-passive.15011/

Well with all my mediocre experience with Corsair SF series (3x) and good experience with Silverstone SFX-L and SFX (2x) I disagree with you both..:)

I found fan inside SF PSU very mediocre at best : quickly noisy, bad lifespan.

Fan in SX700-PT is hearable during idle (not disturbing) and quiet during load (cannot hear it over other fans).
And I truly like SX800 LTI, silent at idle, quiet on load...and SX800 LTI is coming back to silent mode as soon as load stopped (dislike SF series)
Now Silverstone is releasing SX1000 LPT...mouahah..:)

Last edited:

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
Oh yeah, that too!
Normally you should have 3 platinum SFX 750W (Corsair, Silverstonetek & Seasonic) and 2 gold unit from Cooler master (750&850).

SFX PSUs market is definitely growing..;)

I won't even be surprised that one 1000W SFX could be launched within 3 years..:D