Power Supply Silverstone SST-SX800-LTI 800W SFX-L PSU

NGX

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Apr 20, 2018
Hey all,

I'm new here, so please forgive me for posting a thread of my own without participating in some form or fashion in other threads to become a bit familiar with everyone. I am recently starting to gather parts for a build I will be doing for my lady, and this power supply is on my radar. Does anyone have any experience using one of these? It seems they are fairly new to the market and there aren't a whole of in-depth reviews or feedback yet. I've done as much reading as I can find, and it seems like their 500W version has a slight whine to it from the fan... so that is a bit worrying.

Thanks for your feedback in advance! I'll try to keep everyone here up to date with my decision and hopefully will be posting a build log as I go!

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
Can anyone provide the pinout for the 800w/700w models please? I need some shorter cables but here in europe both DIYers that i talked with said that they had a hard time finding the pinout. I think mostly because it has some extra4 pin sensor voltage thingie on the 24ping cable (?!).

Would be very grateful.

Edit - Nevermind i just saw that the 700 model is different than the 800 and that's the one i am looking for.

Last edited:

NGX

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Apr 20, 2018
Can anyone provide the pinout for the 800w/700w models please? I need some shorter cables but here in europe both DIYers that i talked with said that they had a hard time finding the pinout. I think mostly because it has some extra4 pin sensor voltage thingie on the 24ping cable (?!).

Would be very grateful.

Edit - Nevermind i just saw that the 700 model is different than the 800 and that's the one i am looking for.

Let me know if you need any information. I have the 800w :)