News Silverstone mATX cases

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/news...adds-new-cases-psus-adapters-to-their-lineup/

I hadn't realized until today, but Silverstone actually unveiled 3 new mATX chassis based on the TJ08 (not TJ08-E).

TJ08 Pro - Airflow
PS07-E - Silence
CS380 - Server/Storage

Suffice to say, I was a big fan of the TJ08-E, despite certain flaws, so I'm glad to see the line revisted, even with the reverse layout of the -E ditched in favour of the original model. The KL06 wasn't enough of an update to the TJ08-E model.

Depending on how the front layout works out, I'll probably get a TJ08 Pro. I'm hoping Silverstone had the foresight to have alternate mount points (or mount "sliders") for 2x 180 at the front, so that I don't have to mod it to allow for a 2x180 rad. :D. The case has Type-C front connectors though, so it's already made with 3.1 in mind.

Last edited:

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I believe it will be the first case to market with USB Type-C, in fact. Very forward-thinking of them to include it (I'd actually say they're too early, but I'd rather complain about that than the alternative :rolleyes:).

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
The USB Type-C item is indeed interesting. Too bad they sometimes keep returning to grey paint inside, it looks so 1993.
Not much interesting cases, it seems mainly evolutionary designs except for the NAS platform.

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
Ah it could indeed be unpainted, but it seemed so evenly finished I always thought it was painted. EMI compliance ? I didn't know paint could mess that up.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
I think not painting the interior is to make sure all the parts of the chassis make good contact with each other.