Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Speaking of other solutions.

The older Ek SE240 is 280x120x26mm the current model is 28mm thick. So you would need to find NOS or a used one.

This unit is 10mm longer than the LT240 which might stop it from fitting.

But if it's not too long. Going by OT video where he shoves in a 30mm rad with 2 slim fans. I am inclined to thick a 26mm rad isn't going to be an issue. It's also 22fpi not 16fpi like the LT240

Another note. I am planning on mounting my radiator what ever it ends up being like OT with the fans between the rad and panel. That way i don't have to worry about clearance of tubes and cables on the fans.

I had several of the *old EK SE240, the dimensions are very inconsistent (+/- 1.5mm) b/c the way they made the framing. I would stay away from this.

This inconsistency is one of the reasons EK switches to the new SE line.

Reactions: SSJ4

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
This is one of the main reasons I want Alphacool to change the LT240. PWM on this pump should be there.

The mounting bracket is also no good.

So here is my hybrid 240AIO idea:
1. LT240 25mm thick radiator *with better paint quality or leave the copper fins copper, black framing
2. Noctua Securefirm2 mounting brackets
3, Remove QDC and add G1/4 flow indicator
4. 10mm ID / 13mm OD tubes that are not shinny black (shiny black triggers my OCD)
5. DC-LT with PWM or EK-SPC pump with PWM
6. Noctua fans (not sure industrial, redux or the new sterrox, depends on price vs. performance)

Any chance we can have the option of copper fins or black fins. Personally I like the black because raw copper oxidatizes and looks like crap unless you polish it once a month.

Reactions: PBJ

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Any chance we can have the option of copper fins or black fins. Personally I like the black because raw copper oxidatizes and looks like crap unless you polish it once a month.

It's in the air, so nothing is final...haha

catawalks

Average Stuffer
Dec 17, 2019
Crap! I missed this by a couple hours. At a LAN party right now and didn't keep track of time. I hope there is a next time.

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019

Yeah the included bracket is abominable. I've been using the secufirm hardware with it. I don't know if its a quirk of the lga 115x mounting on AM4 or if its inherent to the combination of the dclt and noctua stuff, but the posts are just barely long enough to engage the nuts. I also am unsure how much mounting pressure I should be or am applying or even if its even, it all just feels kind of jank ?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Yeah the included bracket is abominable. I've been using the secufirm hardware with it. I don't know if its a quirk of the lga 115x mounting on AM4 or if its inherent to the combination of the dclt and noctua stuff, but the posts are just barely long enough to engage the nuts. I also am unsure how much mounting pressure I should be or am applying or even if its even, it all just feels kind of jank ?

The LT240 mounting bracket standoff got stuck to my motherboard and I damaging my Z390-I trying to remove it.

It's bad. I told Alpahcool about it too.

They didn't seem interested in fixing this issue, which made me thing twice about recommending it.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

Lightningazza

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Oct 13, 2019

But it now says sold out. Note the price doesnt include TAX. Another user ordered one so we will see if it turns up.

I tried to order the LT240 from these guys back in September when I was searching for local stock... Got a refund the very next day (no stock), but not cool if they are still listing as available when it's not!

• Sad

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
The LT240 mounting bracket standoff got stuck to my motherboard and I damaging my Z390-I trying to remove it.

It's bad. I told Alpahcool about it too.

They didn't seem interested in fixing this issue, which made me thing twice about recommending it.
I've seen somewhere sometime ago who used Noctua mounting brackets to hold the Eisbaer LT solo.....
Sorry for my vague statement but I just wanna put it out here.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
I've seen somewhere sometime ago who used Noctua mounting brackets to hold the Eisbaer LT solo.....
Sorry for my vague statement but I just wanna put it out here.
yes, he is fully aware of it. That is why in his proposed 240 AIO, one of the consideration is the SecuFirm2 (the term used by Noctua to refer to their mounting brackets)

Wyd4

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 21, 2018
This is one of the main reasons I want Alphacool to change the LT240. PWM on this pump should be there.

1. LT240 25mm thick radiator *with better paint quality or leave the copper fins copper, black framing
2. Noctua Secufirm2 mounting brackets
4. 10mm ID / 13mm OD tubes that are not shinny black (shiny black triggers my OCD)
6. Noctua fans (not sure industrial, redux or the new sterrox, depends on price vs. performance)

Agree 100%

It should be PWM.
And yes the mounting bracket is garbage!! In fact it has pulled through my motherboard and the holes have pulled through a bit. Coming from an EKWB CPU block to this was very jarring.

1. Indeed. Currently I am running a LT120, but have the 240mm rad also.
2. Looks like I am going diving in my parts box :p
3. Already gone from when I had to hack the aio for my 4.9lt case (console style, 2080ti and 120mm aio with a brick)
4. This is what is on it at the moment with clear hose, black ek fittings and a t piece for filling.
5. DC LT is fine, but SHOULD BE PWM and they need to make the fill plug from metal as I stripped the internal hex in mine and had to HOPE it had a good seal.
6 Currently running the sterox fans, cannot recommend them more. Quiet and work a treat.

TBH the performance from the LT120 is fantastic and bests the EK slim 240 rad I have, with the exception of running at 5+ghz on my 8700k. Currently running my 8700k @ 4.7 on all cores with no issues on the LT120. if I was just gaming 5ghz is actually fine, but the benefit at 4k is negligible so the extra noise of the fans isnt worth it.

tyen

Trash Compacter
Dec 17, 2018
I am a big fan of the different colors.
It's made me think that if I were to mod the case, putting a thin strip of light between the two front panels would be pretty stylish. Just a crack of light between the panels.
Something like how in this image the light fades from a seam

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
2. Noctua Secufirm2 mounting brackets

Is this something we can expect to see at Computex? Hopefully if the pump is updated anyone with an LT240 can just swap it out (Alphacool seem to sell the pumps seperately but not the radiator).

Just not sure if I should return my LT240 while I can and wait till June... Depends on the results of the test shipping :)

saberworks

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2020
Cheers for that link @notbitcoin saved me some $$ and some face , as I've been trying to find place to order the LT240 for a week now.
I saw that I could order it from Alphacool but I just couldn't justify spending 78 EURO on shipping
as that would cost almost the same as the actual item , so much appreciated for the link.

Now I just need to do the research and find the right waterblock for my RTX 2070 S, and I'll have everything ticked of for my build.

@Wahaha360 going back to an old optimum video of the T1 , I saw some lovely crafted CNC'ed side panels, do you have eta on them?
sorry if this has been asked before, prob the last thing you want is to reply to repeated questions.

L ove the progress so far, the wait has been well worth it , didn't get a dan or loque for this reason.

Excited for March Release, ?