Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

Im in Keelung. Morpheus 2 indeed; photos included ;).

Trying to determine if it will fit inside the T1.

I will be in QiDu this weekend, which is very very close to Keelung, is the dimensions are close, maybe we can do a fit test in my T1 and that will put an end to the Morpheus question.

So, is the Morpheus kissing the bottom panel of your M1?

Last edited:

picrots

What's an ITX?
New User
Feb 14, 2020
This looks like a fantastic case.
I love the fact that it is very minimal and there is no logo on it so you can put it on a table from any side without looking wrong.
I have to say I would prefer to put it on a table with its front face down so it looks like Velka5. Sure it is not the most elegant way but it reduce the case footprint on the table and also it is much better for use in VR since the cables can just be attached from top (ease of access also save on cable length for a little)
would be great if we can have some sort of stand for this configuration.

Reactions: masklee

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
Trying to determine if it will fit inside the T1.

I will be in QiDu this weekend, which is very very close to Keelung, is the dimensions are close, maybe we can do a fit test in my T1 and that will put an end to the Morpheus question.

So, is the Morpheus kissing the bottom panel of your M1?

The Morpheus wedges right up to it, with the noctua fan of course.
Im down for a test fit, but I it'll have to be sunday since saturday is a work day this week. Alternatively, I'm almost always in taipei every other weekend so that could work too.

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I'm building a PC.

How's this spec?

X570i strix
32gb vengeance lpx 3200mhz
3700x
1tb sabrent rocket gen 4
Gtx1080 aero(from previous PC)
Lt240 with noctua a12*15 chromax edition.
Sf600

Intended case is the sidearmd t1.

forestpatrol

Caliper Novice
Feb 6, 2020
I'm building a PC.

How's this spec?

X570i strix
32gb vengeance lpx 3200mhz
3700x
1tb sabrent rocket gen 4
Gtx1080 aero(from previous PC)
Lt240 with noctua a12*15 chromax edition.
Sf600

Intended case is the sidearmd t1.
I suggest Crucial Ballistix instead of corsair. It's better ram and overclocks much better. And on the Lt240 I believe it's recommended to use 1 A12x25 under the psu and 1 A12x15 under the motherboard. And its more expensive but the SF750 platinum a lot quieter than the 600. I had both and I could tell a big difference. The 750 is basically silent.

Dazr87

Average Stuffer
May 11, 2019
feels like i've been waiting so long for this case to finally arrive! So difficult to come by SFF cases easily in Australia, but this one is definitely on my radar

The case feet will be the same ones used on A4 and C4, they are pretty standard.

Optimal orientation depends on dust / noise / cooling expectations.

With the AIO in the bottom of the case, you will have positive pressure = less dusty inside.

However, with AIO on the top, you will have better cooling, where hot air is exhausted right out of the case, with the down side being negative pressure = more dusty inside.
good to know. I'd probably go bottom personally, not a huge fan of cleaning my PC out lol I like to keep em clean =D

This case looks absolutely beast. The Ghost S1 is probably the other best looking sub 10L case, but with that big top hat looks quite ugly imo. This solves that problem fantastically. Can't wait for availability...
definitely looking forward to it =D

Damn, I really regret getting an x570 mobo. The compatibility is absolutely atrocious. Going to have to find an AIO.
i feel your pain lol

cashdj

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 14, 2020

How are the temps with this configuration. Looks like there is very little space for the fans

this is everything I am looking for?

Either way, I’m happy that internal 120mm fan mounts are becoming more accepted in this layout. Semi related questions: would a a 240 rad with only one fan outperform a 120 rad, and would that be feasible in this case? Also I might be blind, but where are the 2.5 inch drives going?

I would think that the 120mm would be optimized here as heat would most likely be trapped by the motherboard

Water cooling support: 120mm AIO at 35mm
[/QUOTE]

Is this includi both the radiator + fan or just the rad

Do you have an estimate on shipping and customs costs to Canada?

Bausa

Case Bender
New User
Feb 13, 2020
Either way, I’m happy that internal 120mm fan mounts are becoming more accepted in this layout. Semi related questions: would a a 240 rad with only one fan outperform a 120 rad, and would that be feasible in this case? Also I might be blind, but where are the 2.5 inch drives going?

I would think that the 120mm would be optimized here as heat would most likely be trapped by the motherboard

the 2.5 " fits between the front panel and the power supply. Optimum Tech made a video for the case there you can see that quite well

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I suggest Crucial Ballistix instead of corsair. It's better ram and overclocks much better. And on the Lt240 I believe it's recommended to use 1 A12x25 under the psu and 1 A12x15 under the motherboard. And its more expensive but the SF750 platinum a lot quieter than the 600. I had both and I could tell a big difference. The 750 is basically silent.

Sadly, the sf750 plat and crucial ram is both not available where I live. Can you see the inside of a sidearmd t1? Because I don't really like the noctua brown color a12*25 but I can't find a chromax version. Also, what's the best fan config for the t1?

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Sadly, the sf750 plat and crucial ram is both not available where I live. Can you see the inside of a sidearmd t1? Because I don't really like the noctua brown color a12*25 but I can't find a chromax version. Also, what's the best fan config for the t1?
If you’re willing to wait a bit, Noctua’s current ETA for the Chromax a12x25 is around the middle of this year.

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
Is there a big difference in cooling going from 1 a12*15 and 1 a12*25 from 2 a12*15's?
I’ve been running a 9700k (all core 5ghz) and Titan Xp (undervolted) on an lt240 with 2 15mm Noctuas, and temps have been under 70C under heavy load in a ghost s1, under 65C outside of a case. Changing to the thicker fan will change noise levels more than thermals

Proflucifer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 13, 2020
I’ve been running a 9700k (all core 5ghz) and Titan Xp (undervolted) on an lt240 with 2 15mm Noctuas, and temps have been under 70C under heavy load in a ghost s1, under 65C outside of a case. Changing to the thicker fan will change noise levels more than thermals
Would running a system outside of a case for a prolonged period damage it? I want to get a sidearmd t1 but I already have all the parts.

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
Would running a system outside of a case for a prolonged period damage it? I want to get a sidearmd t1 but I already have all the parts.
Not really unless you short it, zap it with static discharge, or physically damage it. Basically as long as you don’t touch it, make sure it’s on an anti-static surface and properly grounded ur okay. It will get dusty very quickly tho.

Reactions: Jayanth