Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I assume you can’t fit the Noctua L12S on X570-I correct?

I met with ROG yesterday and told them to mod the Mobo I/O Shield / VRM for ext gen boards. Noctua knows too.

I spoke with Alphacool about the fittings hitting ROG ITX board VRM. Working on a custom loop kit for T1.
All 3 of the X570i boards have clearance issues with a big variety of coolers, unfortunately. Blackridge, C7, and L12 do not fit the strix from what I have read. I believe the Big shuriken 3 fits however.

The x570 boards are a bit if a mess.

Very cool you are talking to alpha cool.

The only rad that fits with modifications is the one attached to the LT240. If you check the first post you will see the testing and results.

That's the post I was referring too. The LT240 with shorten tubing or 120mm aio is the recommendation. But it doesn't outright say nothing else will fit.

He tested with the koolance 120mm. Thought it was a reasonable question to ask if their 240mm would fit too. Especially since it's got almost double the FPI and is still 25mm thick.

Anyway. Im planning on taking his recommendation and sticking with a modded LT240. And if a best radiator is confirmed to fit later then I will consider upgrading.

Reactions: Madhawk1995

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
All 3 of the X570i boards have clearance issues with a big variety of coolers, unfortunately. Blackridge, C7, and L12 do not fit the strix from what I have read. I believe the Big shuriken 3 fits however.

The x570 boards are a bit if a mess.

Very cool you are talking to alpha cool.

That's the post I was referring too. The LT240 with shorten tubing or 120mm aio is the recommendation. But it doesn't outright say nothing else will fit.

He tested with the koolance 120mm. Thought it was a reasonable question to ask if their 240mm would fit too. Especially since it's got almost double the FPI and is still 25mm thick.

Anyway. Im planning on taking his recommendation and sticking with a modded LT240. And if a best radiator is confirmed to fit later then I will consider upgrading.

Here's what I love about @Wahaha360. He has many cases under his belt and knows the rads inside and out. If anyone knows what he's talking about, it's him.

Besides that, as a former steam fitter whose worked on building hospitals, i have looked at the pump and the rad, the materials used and did the math.

The pump and the rad are perfect for this application.

Last edited:
Reactions: OHgeeMeesty

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Does the mod require buying new tubing? Because the tubes on the lt240 are detachable so can you just detach the red half of the tubing?

Sorry, this is a stupid question

Not a stupid question, yes you need new tubes. If you remove the quick disconnect, you will shorten each length by an inch or two

saberworks

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 12, 2020
Would be happy to be the tester for NZ,

Never got the chance to get my hands on an m1 or ghost, as they were in such high demand and out of stock ,so would be ecstatic to get something this small.
I got all the part's for an ITX sandwich layout case , just waiting for the right case ?

Thanks again for the opportunity

Benihana

Average Stuffer
Sep 18, 2018
Does anyone have experience of the LT240 with a Ryzen 3000 CPU? I've read a review that mentioned the de-centralised dies of this generation are not well covered by the cooler plate?

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Does anyone have experience of the LT240 with a Ryzen 3000 CPU? I've read a review that mentioned the de-centralised dies of this generation are not well covered by the cooler plate?

I had my 3700 at 4.2 ghz and 1.35v with decent temps... I remember near 80 degrees on intel burn, more like near 90 with prime95 and around 70-72 with real word tasks like rendering with vray... around 50-55 gaming things like that. Now I have a ekwb velocity with a dcc pump on a ncase m1 and temps are a bit better, but around 4-6 º better it´s not like a whole new level or anything like that.

I had a problem though of the surfaces of the eisbaer and the 3700 being very different and not matching at all. I fixed it lapping both of them with a huge improvement on temps. I think its not a common problem, just bad luck on my side.

Hytme

Efficiency Noob
New User
Feb 14, 2020
Bad luck! I wasn't able to register until today. Captcha was not working so I can't complete the register ?
Today I discovered that the recaptcha is working only with IE for me...

Anyways I was following this thread and following the posts you did in /r/sffpc. Good luck to the testers.

Need a T1 in white or silver for my next sff build!

Beardedswede

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2018
Its so much people writing so hard to find get a good overview. two questions
what is the new side panel design with "stripes" ? any info about that
When will the the non-anodized version come out? Q3 Q4?

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Its so much people writing so hard to find get a good overview. two questions
what is the new side panel design with "stripes" ? any info about that
When will the the non-anodized version come out? Q3 Q4?

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I believe it was a simple render, a test, to get feedback. I believe after the black edition with mesh comes the two-tone edition with mesh and the side panels are still undecided but they will be sold separately if they get done at all.