Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
I'd like to submit myself for Spain. I used to own an M1 V1 (sold it some time ago), I believe I have been somewhat active here... although I don't plan to go custom water loop. 120mm AIO... sure. But not LT240.

imgur says the image is from 6 years ago! Time flies!

Test ship sign up sheet

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah, sorry for that, I posted when I had 10 pages left to read, and then I saw the google docs XD

Any function to count # of messages on a particular thread? Because If I have to do it manually... XD
You can go to your profile, then latest activity and count your replies there, but I found that it only went so far back and left out quite a bit of replies I've had in this thread from a while ago.

Reactions: PBJ

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
You can go to your profile, then latest activity and count your replies there, but I found that it only went so far back and left out quite a bit of replies I've had in this thread from a while ago.

Yeah, I was tinkering and saw that...but it only goes so far, and for those of us that have been here since day #1 (I literally posted on the first page) then it makes things... interesting if we gotta count XDDDDDDDDDD

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
I basically got rid of the motherboard tray design for M.2 mounting ?, I use 2x M.2 myself.

There are 10.5mm from GPU PCB (not including) to back of Mobo. You can use taller Mobo standoff to increase this gap.
Very interesting. 10mm? thats huge. Crazy how compact the case is but there is still ample room to ensure ease of fitment.

I can see a few people using some double sided tape and putting some 2.5" drives in there haha.

Reactions: pyroxide

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Yeah, I was tinkering and saw that...but it only goes so far, and for those of us that have been here since day #1 (I literally posted on the first page) then it makes things... interesting if we gotta count XDDDDDDDDDD
Good luck then, because I had to count mine because I couldn't think of a better way lol

S-ed

Case Bender
New User
Feb 12, 2020
Oh, sorry if I gave that impression, but I’m not involved with the T1 development. I just want it, like yourself!
No. I understand that you just wanted to buy it. I just may have missed the answer to the question You asked earlier.
I really like the look of it, but it's relatively expensive for me (not freaking Ghost ofc) to buy side panels later, so I'd rather wait till the "fence" sides will be available.

ahs8225

Case Bender
New User
Feb 12, 2020
Start my first ITX build with PC-Q17 and stopped at Dan A4.
Love all cases but Ncase M1 and Dan A4 were the best; however I really wanted something in between.
Then I saw T1, I said this is it. My final case.

I can wait for official release but I would love to participate test shipping.
Dan A4 came with no harm last time so i believe this will do too

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Are there any barriers preventing a hybrid air/liquid cooled GPU like the EVGA 1080ti SC2 Hybrid being used in this case?

I'd like to fit it in the build without any modifications to the current cooling solution. I'm not very skilled or adventurous, just looking for the right <10L case which can fit my GPU as-is.

Basically depends on how flexible the tubes are coming out of the GPU. You will most likely have to wrap the tubes around and towards the GPU backplate, then to the AIO.

The spacing needed for the GPU tubes effectively means you have to be 3 slot mode, that really limits. your CPU cooler height to 50mm. Keep that in mind.

Reactions: Windofchange13

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
I'd like to submit myself for Spain. I used to own an M1 V1 (sold it some time ago), I believe I have been somewhat active here... although I don't plan to go custom water loop. 120mm AIO... sure. But not LT240.

imgur says the image is from 6 years ago! Time flies!

How time flies indeed, I still remember you from the M1 creation days on [H]ardforum.

Reactions: pwnedundies

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
No. I understand that you just wanted to buy it. I just may have missed the answer to the question You asked earlier.
I really like the look of it, but it's relatively expensive for me (not freaking Ghost ofc) to buy side panels later, so I'd rather wait till the "fence" sides will be available.

Nothing wrong with waiting for the right setup ?

Reactions: Odd_Fox

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Basically depends on how flexible the tubes are coming out of the GPU. You will most likely have to wrap the tubes around and towards the GPU backplate, then to the AIO.

The spacing needed for the GPU tubes effectively means you have to be 3 slot mode, that really limits. your CPU cooler height to 50mm. Keep that in mind.
Speaking of WCing.

Will you create some documentation of recommended fittings and tubing for LT240 compatibility?

Also searching for LT240's pump block compatibility with Strix 570i. Googling hasnt turned up much info. But the x570 boards are pretty tight for clearances.

Reactions: denys_349

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Very interesting. 10mm? thats huge. Crazy how compact the case is but there is still ample room to ensure ease of fitment.

I can see a few people using some double sided tape and putting some 2.5" drives in there haha.

10mm is from back of Mobo to GPU PCB, the GPU backplate will take some of this space, so keep that in mind.

My plan is to remove the GPU Backplate (you can't see it on sandwich layouts anyway) and install the EK M.2 Heatsink based on this review.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Speaking of WCing.

Will you create some documentation of recommended fittings and tubing for LT240 compatibility?

Also searching for LT240's pump block compatibility with Strix 570i. Googling hasnt turned up much info. But the x570 boards are pretty tight for clearances.

The default fittings on LT240 will work. Just need to make tubes shorter, that's literally it.

Reactions: denys_349 and SSJ4

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
The default fittings on LT240 will work. Just need to make tubes shorter, that's literally it.
One thing to note is that the stock fittings are for 11/8 tubing, and the "water cooling" branded tubing that's commonly-available in that size is poor quality PVC. If you hit up industrial supply companies in your respective countries, you should be able to find EPDM rubber tubing in that size that should work out much better (in terms of long-term durability and tube flexibility) though.

In the US, McMaster-Carr offers some, and then you can find a Tygon-branded variation elsewhere. I have some of the former coming in tomorrow, but it'll probably be about a week before I can get it swapped in and compare it to the stock tubing.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
One thing to note is that the stock fittings are for 11/8 tubing, and the "water cooling" branded tubing that's commonly-available in that size is poor quality PVC. If you hit up industrial supply companies in your respective countries, you should be able to find EPDM rubber tubing in that size that should work out much better (in terms of long-term durability and tube flexibility) though.

In the US, McMaster-Carr offers some, and then you can find a Tygon-branded variation elsewhere. I have some of the former coming in tomorrow, but it'll probably be about a week before I can get it swapped in and compare it to the stock tubing.

Or you can just look for EK ZMT tubing which is the exact same thing just easier to find the size you need. You can get it at PPC in the US or dazmode.com/ in Canada. If you are lucky, you might be able to find an LT240 on those same sites.

EK ZMT (Zero Maintenance Tubing) is a high quality, zero maintenance, industrial grade EPDM rubber tubing in stylish matte black.

Last edited:

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
Or you can just look for EK ZMT tubing which is the exact same thing just easier to find the size you need
My recommendation was for the stock fittings only (which none of EKWB's EPDM will work with). Obviously, if someone were to purchase more commonly-sized fittings, then the available tubing options would open up immensely for them.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

For most people, it's easier to just use the default Alphacool tubing. That's my recommendation for most people.

Once you get into Custom loops, that's whole another rabbit hole.