Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Marauder

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
5. They can both be used for custom watercooling, and they are also used the screw in the power button, not sure where you got the MB thing from.

Lol i didn't notice that ; blame autocorrect ? i meant to say power button not motherboard ?

Marauder

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Oh and by the way

3. 41mm total (rad+fan)

You both say that there's 40mm of space under the motherboard but i just watched optimum tech's video on the sidearmd t1 and he says that there's 43mm of space under a motherboard for a fan.Granted it is just 3mm ? but in some instances 3mm could make all the difference (i don't know what good it'll do in this case though ?)

Marauder

Chassis Packer
Feb 9, 2020
Oh one more thing ? ; will a magnetic 5mm thick dust filter fit underneath the case (and when i mean fit , there should be at least 1mm of space between the dust filter and the ground ; the case shouldn't sit on the dust filters ??)

Last edited:

Luke NK

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 17, 2019
The mesh is custom, 1.1mm diameter vents with 1.8mm spacing on 1mm metal.

You are not going to find T1 mesh on the market, because this spec make it very expensive, even more than aluminum + anodizing, for economic reasons, most factories will not make it.

You can make mesh *economically in 2 ways:
1) chemical process (<0.5mm thick steel)
2) punching (holes diameter 1.5x thickness)

You want be ~ 1mm diameter holes for dust filtering purpose. T1's 1.1mm holes on 1mm thick steel requires 1) custom metal, 2) custom tooling and 3) custom oil lubricant.

If you are missing any of the 3 ingredients list above, you will get a panel that is severely warped, surface damaged beyond recognition or use 0.7mm thick metal, which will have stiffness / flex issues. I know because we tried and failed many times.

Afiak, there is no mesh on the market with similar combination of:
1) vent hole diameter vs thickness ratio
2) ventilation density vs. surface area ratio (without having to emboss to add strength)
3) over strength & flex

Wahaha, wouldn't using laser cut solve all these problems?

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
Oh and by the way

You both say that there's 40mm of space under the motherboard but i just watched optimum tech's video on the sidearmd t1 and he says that there's 43mm of space under a motherboard for a fan.Granted it is just 3mm ? but in some instances 3mm could make all the difference (i don't know what good it'll do in this case though ?)
41mm under the motherboard, that's mistake with the video.

Reactions: DrHudacris

Qu1ckset

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 9, 2020
Man this case is awesome, kudos to all the hard work and dedication you put into this case, and totally understand all the excitement for this case.

Im a late comer just hearing about this case yesterday from Optimum Tech's review and I just have to have it, look forward to be being one of your many customers!

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-02-10 : made a mistake with Spec, now updated

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
second picture, third column should be,

good luck making that tube on your own.

It can be soft tubes, doesn't have to be hard tube, just an illustration. Most people won't know it's based on hard tubes.

Sebbie

Trash Compacter
Apr 5, 2016
Ok now i getting confused,
Can a 25mm thick radiator eg. The one from alphacool LT240 still fit in the case, with slim fans and custom tubing?
Or do i need to wait for the “new case” Tmach1?

this is getting more and more confusing, is a new case in the works with better compatibility for a 240 radiator?

Reactions: AKIS35

SSJ4

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 10, 2020
www.ospreygaming.com.au
Can a 25mm thick radiator eg. The one from alphacool LT240 still fit in the case, with slim fans and custom tubing?

this is getting more and more confusing, is a new case in the works with better compatibility for a 240 radiator?
From my understanding and the stellar OP. The LT240 with one 120x25mm fan and one 120x15mm fan and custom tubing is the only "officially" supported 240mm radiator.

120mm aio is an option or. The Alphacool pump block with a 120mm rad. In the OLD stuff part of the OP he shows numbers for using a bunch of solutions including the Koolance HX-CU420V which from his word outperforms most mainstream 240mm alu aios. Which is pretty impressive.

Reactions: Kxrma

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019

The alphacool LT240 with custom tubing and slim fan will still fit since there are already a number of T1's that are manufactured and ready to ship. The specs are finalized.

Wait for the new case, Tmach1 for a wider compatibility with 240mm radiators and AIO's.

Reactions: chyll2

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015

From my understanding and the stellar OP. The LT240 with one 120x25mm fan and one 120x15mm fan and custom tubing is the only "officially" supported 240mm radiator.

120mm aio is an option or. The Alphacool pump block with a 120mm rad. In the OLD stuff part of the OP he shows numbers for using a bunch of solutions including the Koolance HX-CU420V which from his word outperforms most mainstream 240mm alu aios. Which is pretty impressive.

The alphacool LT240 with custom tubing and slim fan will still fit since there are already a number of T1's that are manufactured and ready to ship. The specs are finalized.

Wait for the new case, Tmach1 for a wider compatibility with 240mm radiators and AIO's.

The LT240, One 25mm thick fan, one 15mm thick fan will work if you make the tubes shorter. I will make prob make custom hard tubes after Computex to make the installation more friendly.

I don't want to officially support LT240 because the modification is not user friendly and you have to buy 15mm thick fan as well, which does not come with the kit. Anyways, optimumtech will likely make a video showing it.

LT240 is only *one of the many AIOs, that's why I rather just make another case for common 240 AIO support, hence the new thread.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
so preorder gonna open on 22nd February same as ncase?

M1 and A4 are both shipping from Taiwan, where the virus is not an issue.

T1 is another team in mainland China, where the virus is an issue.

So no shipping for T1 until virus settles down.

Reactions: Spai1298