Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Would you consider 3rd alternative between GPU size and CPU cooler?

Right now you are proposing :
  • 2 slots GPU and 70mm cpu cooler height
  • 3 slots GPU and 50mm cpu cooler height
Why not considering this case :
  • 2.7 slot GPU and 56mm cpu cooler height?
Why am I proposing that?
Because with cpu cooler of 60mm you are gaining access to really good cpu cooler, like id cooling IS-60...and keeping 2.7 slots gpu compatibility opend access to pretty nice balanced GPU.

IS60 is not a game changer compare to L9I, or Cryorig C7 with a Noctua Slim Fan, so I just didn't bother.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Thank you for the reply.
There's probably lots of things to consider. The mesh hides some screws in the back right? So the back panel would need to have different connectors like the front one?
Plus then it'd be needed to make the mesh slide from the top?

Pretty much, but the #1 issue is size increase.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
When will aluminum side panels be available? Will it be an add-on or sold with the case?

Add-on only, not standard. Aluminum side panel is going to make thermals worse, the mesh is the best for 1) thermals and 2) strength.

ETA 2020Q3

Nouvolo

Creator
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
This is actually the bigger problem. Even if I make more T1, the shipping situation in China is unknown at the moment, so I will just have inventory sitting in warehouse.
From Hong Kong here, just wish you and your family good health. Take care great care if you work in China/HK area, and also for your family.

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
IS60 is not a game changer compare to L9I, or Cryorig C7 with a Noctua Slim Fan, so I just didn't bother.
well IS60 is way more silent than L9i or C7 while providing slighty better performance..:)

But I respect your point of view that L12S is clearly above..;)

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
For strength too? Colour me surprised!

We have to drill a lot of holes in the aluminum panels as well.

The mesh panel is made from 1mm thick SECC steel. I prob should do a drop test to quantify, but holding 1mm mesh in my hand, I think 2mm aluminum panel with a lot of holes will be weaker.

Last edited:

Ehtan98

Efficiency Noob
Feb 5, 2020
Wh
Nope. At the moment the only one that fits is the eisbaer lt240 put it requires you to take it apart and put new tubing etc etc., so it's not officially supported
how many Millimeters of space is there for fans and a radiator? How much between the panel and the PSU and also how much between the panes and the motherboar?

Ehtan98

Efficiency Noob
Feb 5, 2020
How much clearance is there for a fans and a radiator? Also how much clearance between the panel and the PSU and the panel and the Motherboard?

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
How much clearance is there for a fans and a radiator? Also how much clearance between the panel and the PSU and the panel and the Motherboard?

In the optimum tech video, 43 mm under motherboard and 35mm + 25mm under PSU. Width is the primary restricting dimension, at exactly 120mm

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
Any idea of when the white and silver version will be available?
The two tone was silver and gray, not white and silver (can't anodize white):

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
That is because the two tone was the original design that everyone associates with the sidearmd. The black version just came out of nowhere.

Came out of nowhere! You make it sound like @Wahaha360 is just making this up as it comes to him.

Check Update 2019-08-08

It is standard practice on this forum to put updates in the first post. It has been stated MULTIPLE times within the last two weeks of this thread that two tone would come out later this year. The black version has been known about for 6 months.

The reason I banned myself from posting until now is because while many people think I am rude (which is totally understandable), the information they are looking for is 90% of the time in the first post. Along with photos charts and anything else related to this case. The information is there.

@Wahaha360 is working his butt off to make sure this case is nothing short of flawless perfection. The least we can do is skim through the pages and learn what we can about the case and ask the questions if we can't find the answers.

I might be an ass but I try and take the time to dig deep for information.