Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
@Sh0ckwaveFlash @Navic

Things happen with time, it takes a while to produce a video of the quality that he puts out. I have done what he does but on a film set and every minute of edited footage can take maybe 30 minutes of behind the scenes to test, setup and edit.

On a personal note, we need to find you guys another hobby like model making or knitting :p

• Haha
Reactions: fabio and Navic

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
@Sh0ckwaveFlash @Navic

Things happen with time, it takes a while to produce a video of the quality that he puts out. I have done what he does but on a film set and every minute of edited footage can take maybe 30 minutes of behind the scenes to test, setup and edit.

On a personal note, we need to find you guys another hobby like model making or knitting :p
Oh I know, but with so many people wanting this thing I didn't want another Ncase situation where it sells out before I can actually buy it lol.

Also, what are these things you call "hobbies"

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Honestly I'd be perfectly fine if the review video posted after the launch. Less competition that way ?
Agree, especially considering they are some people who buy multiple cases to re-sells them. Would be nice to have a release time too (for the case not the video^^)

Also a quick question @Wahaha360 , do you uses the spacers that come with Noctua SecuFirm for the eisbaer?

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Oh I know, but with so many people wanting this thing I didn't want another Ncase situation where it sells out before I can actually buy it lol.

Also, what are these things you call "hobbies"
This is my worry and the reason I may wind up buying a Ghost if I catch it in stock in the coming weeks.

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
@Sh0ckwaveFlash @Navic

After this we might need to rediscover nature and get reacquainted with our families..

Reactions: gwertheim

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
This is my worry and the reason I may wind up buying a Ghost if I catch it in stock in the coming weeks.

I spoke with my manufacturers, while not guaranteed until they go back to work (on CNY break), we plan to make more T1 in April, so maybe shipping in May.

Reactions: arthasdklol

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-01-27: Spoke with manufacturer, we will make more T1s in April, hopefully shipping May. The exact dates has to be confirmed after the factory reopens post CNY, so no exact dates or quantity. We are using left over machine time (cheaper) to hit this price, and excess capacity varies = I have no idea how many will be made.

So don’t panic buy if don’t need one asap, let other people who needs one asap get one.

I also spotted a few resellers online already. I didn’t create the T1 to be flipped on second hand market, so I will address the supply issue.

Mahjund

Caliper Novice
Aug 4, 2019
Update 2020-01-27: Spoke with manufacturer, we will make more T1s in April, hopefully shipping May. The exact dates has to be confirmed after the factory reopens post CNY, so no exact dates or quantity. We are using left over machine time (cheaper) to hit this price, and excess capacity varies = I have no idea how many will be made.

So don’t panic buy if don’t need one asap, let other people who needs one asap get one.

I also spotted a few resellers online already. I didn’t create the T1 to be flipped on second hand market, so I will address the supply issue.
April , that's too long , they can't start batch two right away ? , you will sell every single unit that u can make almost Immediately , so why not start batch 2 after selling the batch one , so hopefully shipping in march .

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
April , that's too long , they can't start batch two right away ? , you will sell every single unit that u can make almost Immediately , so why not start batch 2 after selling the batch one , so hopefully shipping in march .

Problem is Chinese new year, most of manufacturing shuts down for up to a month every year. Which means nothing can start until March the latest.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017

Resellers are the scum of the earth with regards to this communities. They are as selfish as one can get.

In order to minimize them (since avoiding them is simply not possible) you should try to find a way to sell the cages to those that plan to use them for themselves. Maybe users that have been part of any case that has been community-sourced in the past. It is not a guarantee, but probably better than nothing.

Of course, 1 per person.

Van0

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 29, 2019
Hey! I've been looking for the same answer. I eventuellt settled on the Thermalright Axp-90. Haven't gotten it yet but it seems like the best performer in this size. You can only buy it from china, and it doesn't have a lot of reviews online, but the few chinese reviews that exist says it's better than L9 and C7Cu, and even on par with blackridge. It's $55 on Aliexpress.

I'm hoping to receive my AXP90 this week and will be able to compare to L9a for both noise and thermals in Sentry 2.0, so that should give an indication of how they'll compare in 50mm CPU cooler height mode here. I used to have a black ridge in my previous Dan-A4 as well with VLP RAM and 120mm Noctua fan, so I can draw some conclusions there as well. Keep an eye on that thread probably next week for the results.

Reactions: Hardly

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
I'm hoping to receive my AXP90 this week and will be able to compare to L9a for both noise and thermals in Sentry 2.0, so that should give an indication of how they'll compare in 50mm CPU cooler height mode here. I used to have a black ridge in my previous Dan-A4 as well with VLP RAM and 120mm Noctua fan, so I can draw some conclusions there as well. Keep an eye on that thread probably next week for the results.
Awesome. Would love to here your thoughts after you get a chance to test.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
Of course, 1 per person.
I’m not entirely familiar with Shopify’s platform - How can this be reasonably enforced without being too much of a nuisance for legitimate buyers? Don’t underestimate flippers they will make new accounts, fake billing addresses and cc numbers relatively easily.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
I’m not entirely familiar with Shopify’s platform - How can this be reasonably enforced without being too much of a nuisance for legitimate buyers? Don’t underestimate flippers they will make new accounts, fake billing addresses and cc numbers relatively easily.
Unique code required to proceed the checkout (with some bruteforce protection), now the question is how you distribute those codes

You can give one to people who have show interest on this thread ( but that's not cool for the lurker)
Or to thoses who have registered they mail on sidearmd.com ( but not everyone did that, and some people could have registered with multiple email)
And finally distribute them manually with vetting process which is a lot of work and clearly not the most friendly solution

For the possibility to prioritize people who already bought another cases from sff, well those who did already have a case, and reseller have already bought previous case with multiple emails

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Resellers are the scum of the earth with regards to this communities. They are as selfish as one can get.

In order to minimize them (since avoiding them is simply not possible) you should try to find a way to sell the cages to those that plan to use them for themselves. Maybe users that have been part of any case that has been community-sourced in the past. It is not a guarantee, but probably better than nothing.

Of course, 1 per person.
I would be in favor of selling the cases to people who’ve shown interest in this thread but as said by @Vaux above, its not really fair for the lurker. And many things could go wrong trying to implement it in such a short time.

Our best bet would be for it to be sold before the Optimum Tech video, because interest will skyrocket after that. The more I think about it though, the more sense it makes why Wahaha360 wants to wait after the
video. It’s a good way to avoid customer disappointment and for people to get a better grasp of what to expect.

I wish I could just buy it right now, but we’ll just have to try our hand on Feb 1.

Last edited:

Hiyulri

Efficiency Noob
Jan 5, 2020
Would a group buy on this forum really be that bad? You could at least get an idea of interest from people on this site without exactly excluding anyone else (assuming we don’t sell it out in the gb)