Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

notbitcoin

Average Stuffer
Aug 3, 2019
how's the sag on the GPU when the case is flipped?

i have a feeling that triple-slot long boys are going to pull down a bit, so long-term it might be worth looking into something like what the m1 has with the adjustable-height GPU support bracket (that you could just screw/snap into the bottom panel ventilation holes) if it turns out to actually be a problem.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Agreed! Although, I was going to wait for the two-tone, but these pics are all but ensuring I jump for the first run of all black versions, haha!

@Wahaha360 I know you’re focused on the first run, but do you know if the first batch of two-tone will have the option to select side panels or SD carder reader yet? This info will help determine if I jump on this first batch or not, as I’m only wanting the two tone for the color, and don’t want TG or the I/O.

The two tone will come with mesh side panels.

TG side panels will be sold separately.

The Front I/O controller will requires a controller which makes it as expensive as a USB-C hub, and I might just drop it - will decide after Computex, it’s low priority atm.

Reactions: Brude27

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
how's the sag on the GPU when the case is flipped?

i have a feeling that triple-slot long boys are going to pull down a bit, so long-term it might be worth looking into something like what the m1 has with the adjustable-height GPU support bracket (that you could just screw/snap into the bottom panel ventilation holes) if it turns out to actually be a problem.

There is a GPU lock on the PCIe Riser, so no GPU sag so far, I haven’t tested 3 slot GPU yet.

Achse4

Case Bender
Jan 24, 2020
Do we have example hardware configurations for this case ? My use case is primarily productivity(no gaming), so I want a powerful cpu and a budget gpu. Some recommendations along the lines of hardware config found in FAQ section of dan cases would be nice.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Do we have example hardware configurations for this case ? My use case is primarily productivity(no gaming), so I want a powerful cpu and a budget gpu. Some recommendations along the lines of hardware config found in FAQ section of dan cases would be nice.
You can use the igpu of your cpu, also I think they are much better case for your usecase ( since you don't need a fullsize 3 slot gpu)

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
The two tone will come with mesh side panels.

TG side panels will be sold separately.

The Front I/O controller will requires a controller which makes it as expensive as a USB-C hub, and I might just drop it - will decide after Computex, it’s low priority atm.

Thanks for the reply! I will have to be patient for the two tone then, which is probably for the best. My wife appreciates it, haha!

NIIV3X

Cable Smoosher
Jun 15, 2018

Silkscreen or not silkscreen. This will be cool option for customization.

So many ideas, so little time.
Is the 3 dimensional effect only created by the use of photoshop or would it actually look that way? Silkscreen seems like such a cool idea! Dope 3D printed tubes btw, they are hella sick!!

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Sorry if this has already been answered. Tried to do the search on my phone but couldn't find. Has there been testing to determine the best air cooler for the cpu if using the 3 slot gpu setup?

Achse4

Case Bender
Jan 24, 2020
You can use the igpu of your cpu, also I think they are much better case for your usecase ( since you don't need a fullsize 3 slot gpu)
Unfortunately, the most powerful apu 3400g is not quite powerful enough for my needs and going intel does not seem to provide enough bang for the buck. Also, having a case with an option to slot in a gpu is nice from a future proofing point of view since I expect the case to last me a few years at a minimum.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Sorry if this has already been answered. Tried to do the search on my phone but couldn't find. Has there been testing to determine the best air cooler for the cpu if using the 3 slot gpu setup?

It depends on your RAM and Motherboard I/O interference. in 3 GPU Slot mode, you have 50mm of CPU air cooler space.

If you don't have Ultra low profile or low profile ram, no I/O shield heatsink, you can prob go with the Blackridge or any DAN A4 compatible CPU air cooler.

With taller RAM and I/O Shield Heatsink on the motherboard, like the combination I'm showing, you are limited to coolers like Noctua L9I and Cryorig C7.

Reactions: Mahjund

Hardly

Chassis Packer
Nov 26, 2019

Hey! I've been looking for the same answer. I eventuellt settled on the Thermalright Axp-90. Haven't gotten it yet but it seems like the best performer in this size. You can only buy it from china, and it doesn't have a lot of reviews online, but the few chinese reviews that exist says it's better than L9 and C7Cu, and even on par with blackridge. It's $55 on Aliexpress.

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
It depends on your RAM and Motherboard I/O interference. in 3 GPU Slot mode, you have 50mm of CPU air cooler space.

If you don't have Ultra low profile or low profile ram, no I/O shield heatsink, you can prob go with the Blackridge or any DAN A4 compatible CPU air cooler.

With taller RAM and I/O Shield Heatsink on the motherboard, like the combination I'm showing, you are limited to coolers like Noctua L9I and Cryorig C7.
Thanks so much for the response. I would definitely go with low profile ram. Looks like the Black Ridge may be the most effective in this case. Does that seem accurate? I don't plan on upgrading my cpu with this next case change so I'm only have to cool my i7-4770k (it's still more than I need right now) for now, but imagine I will stick with this next case for quite a while. So, I would definitely want to get a cooler that can handle more in the future.

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Hey! I've been looking for the same answer. I eventuellt settled on the Thermalright Axp-90. Haven't gotten it yet but it seems like the best performer in this size. You can only buy it from china, and it doesn't have a lot of reviews online, but the few chinese reviews that exist says it's better than L9 and C7Cu, and even on par with blackridge. It's $55 on Aliexpress.
Thanks for sharing. Will definitely take a look