Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
I'm working with a 3D printing factory. They have spent millions dollars on equipment, so this is not a do it at home process.

The resin is proprietary, the chemicals used to clean the supports inside the tubes is also a pain in the a$$. You don't want this stuff at home anyways.

I want to bring down the cost of hard tubing for SFF, and also make it easier to install. This combined with cheaper custom cables will make SFF more approachable for more people.

This also ties into our plan for SFFLAB 2.0 ?
That’s a really great idea! Is it also possible to make the tubes in black or a dark color?

Reactions: Jawaiian

Allhopeforhumanity

Master of Cramming
May 1, 2017
I'm working with a 3D printing factory. They have spent millions dollars on equipment, so this is not a do it at home process.

The resin is proprietary, the chemicals used to clean the supports inside the tubes is also a pain in the a$$. You don't want this stuff at home anyways.

I was going to say, it looks a lot like the material I printed some cartio valves in during gradschool. It was a DLP laser 3D printer which had some gnarly chemicals to clean out the uncured resin as well. If I recall, the resin was something like $25K a gallon, which was why I was surprised someone let you go to town on some pretty large tubes.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020
Morpheus 2 on your GPU and lt240 your CPU. best its gonna get for the volume.

Though we should wait for someone to test the morpheus to make sure it fits. It should, with slim fans.
I like the idea of the Morpheus 2 based on the testing I've, but am a little worried about the weight stress in a case that I will move 2-4 times a week. I suppose I could try to rig up some sort of support brace for the heat sink.

Mac2636

Trash Compacter
Jan 21, 2020

I want to bring down the cost of hard tubing for SFF, and also make it easier to install. This combined with cheaper custom cables will make SFF more approachable for more people.

And there you go giving us even more reasons to support your work. ?

Reactions: DrHudacris and PBJ

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
that would be insane! Would buy in a heartbeat, did you just 3D print it:eek:?

ExplodingWaffle101

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 11, 2018

im shocked those are 3d printed, those tubes are clean af! i thought you just meant that you'd used a jig.

Reactions: ZivZulander

ZivZulander

Trash Compacter
Jan 12, 2020
We live in the 21st century where tubes can be printed and robots rule the world and humans become their pets.

Bull, I know witchcraft when I see it. ?

But yeah, that's very cool. ? Would be great if that were possible on home 3D printers, but I'll settle for seeing more boutique SFF cases with compact, crazy loops that would be hard to achieve with normal bending. Make it look like a circulatory system up in there. ?

Reactions: Spai1298

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Bull, I know witchcraft when I see it. ?

But yeah, that's very cool. ? Would be great if that were possible on home 3D printers, but I'll settle for seeing more boutique SFF cases with compact, crazy loops that would be hard to achieve with normal bending. Make it look like a circulatory system up in there. ?

From what @Wahaha360 said on the previous page, the machines are cost prohibitive for home use costing in the millions.

BTW, witchcraft is so 19th century :p

diceboii13

King of Cable Management
Nov 4, 2018
dicecases.com

Two out of four plates are being packed by another factory, 50% more to go.

We will quality check after we receive the packed parts. So the total good units are still unknown atm.
Pretty awesome! Can I ask what kind of foam did you use for packaging?

Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
I love all the images, keep them coming. But damn the amount of teasing is making me impatient

Agreed! Although, I was going to wait for the two-tone, but these pics are all but ensuring I jump for the first run of all black versions, haha!

@Wahaha360 I know you’re focused on the first run, but do you know if the first batch of two-tone will have the option to select side panels or SD carder reader yet? This info will help determine if I jump on this first batch or not, as I’m only wanting the two tone for the color, and don’t want TG or the I/O.