Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
@Wahaha360 I just want to confirm, when you say two-tone, do you mean the original gray on silver? I heard that you might be doing just silver/black because the gray finish was too expensive.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 I just want to confirm, when you say two-tone, do you mean the original gray on silver? I heard that you might be doing just silver/black because the gray finish was too expensive.

Two Tone Black & Silver will be a default variant

Space Gray or Two Tone Space Gray & Silver will be a made to order for ~$300-$350 depending on how close to Apple Macbooks.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Do you see the general public spending $2.5k in a system that isn't a lot smaller than a small pc but is a lot less powerful and a lot less upgradeable? Because I don't.

10L for "that" and at "that" price makes no sense whatsoever.

PD: and this is not to say that such a NUC is pointless, but such an integrated system is.
People pay for convenience, that's what I'm saying. Managing everything in a SFF build (making sure parts fit, cable management, cooling, etc.) is a lot harder than plugging two things into a PCIe slot and then some short cables to power it and then sliding the entire thing in.
Plus, it's Razer, they have their die-hard fans that will buy anything with a Razer logo.

Reactions: tsmax

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
:eek: What make it so expensive, compared to default black/silver?

It is anodized first then a special proprietary coating. The setup cost is quite high, only one supplier willing to do it.

To make any regular dark grey is slightly more expensive than Black or Silver, but the fingerprint resistance is inferior and feel is also inferior, it’s not as smooth to the touch.

If you ever owned one of the many Apple Space Gray like dongles, a Taobao case, they are not as smooth, the sandblasting not as consistent.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Do you see the general public spending $2.5k in a system that isn't a lot smaller than a small pc but is a lot less powerful and a lot less upgradeable? Because I don't.

PD: and this is not to say that such a NUC is pointless, but such an integrated system is.
Never heard of gaming laptop? ?

Also, you are comparing it to niche case that aren't even available 95% of the year, let alone not sold at a major retailer

Reactions: Shinken1

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
@Wahaha360 Will the T1 include dust filters for the bottom fans?

No dust filter. The performance hit on the case is serious.

I tried to source the same high perforated soft filter used by Silverstone magnetic filters, but that filter requires a frame to hold it in place, at that point, might as well just let you guys get the filter yourself. I want to keep the price at $200.

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017

Yeah. They're called Mac Mini/Pro owners.

Last edited:

jtthejam

Efficiency Noob
Jun 8, 2019
Black and silver for me, because that'd go well with more colours imo
Been just lurking as I'm waiting for Zen 4 anyway, and that's late 2021 XD

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I guess more time for OptimumTech review and web dev.
I suppose this gives more time for Optimumtech review.
OptimumTech also need time to review, so it's likely the better decision to delay the preorder.

Well, according to recent comments on YouTube, seems like OptimumTech definitely do NOT have a T1 to review.
@Wahaha360 from your posts it sounded like he already had a T1 prototype or something, I guess I was wrong lol.
Hope he receives his review unit before pre-orders are open.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sh0ckwaveFlash

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Yea, they will pay for anything with apple logo, just like stand for 1k USD.

Or $400 for a set of caster wheels.

Meanwhile in Not-Crazy-Town:

RILL
Caster, gray, 2"
$10.00/4 pack

Reamde

Cable Smoosher
Jun 5, 2019
It is anodized first then a special proprietary coating. The setup cost is quite high, only one supplier willing to do it.

To make any regular dark grey is slightly more expensive than Black or Silver, but the fingerprint resistance is inferior and feel is also inferior, it’s not as smooth to the touch.

If you ever owned one of the many Apple Space Gray like dongles, a Taobao case, they are not as smooth, the sandblasting not as consistent.

I am glad you're taking care with the gray finish. Despite all the clowning over the Mac Pro accessory pricing, there are a lot of small things like this that Apple does and people don't appreciate until they have the generic version in front of them, and even then some may not notice.

I've seen expensive keyboards that emulated the Space Gray finish very poorly and they felt and looked very cheap (e.g. fingerprints).

Last edited:
Reactions: hetvler and PBJ