Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

obnoxiousbehavior

Chassis Packer
Oct 31, 2019
As the post he made earlier today said, the target sale date is Feb 1st
Do you work with wahaha360? Because the attitude and telling people what to do sure make it seem like you privileged to information. We know you know. You should definitely drop the attitude.

You have no more clue why that email was sent than anyone else. It was a legitimate question.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Do you work with wahaha360? Because the attitude and telling people what to do sure make it seem like you privileged to information. We know you know. You should definitely drop the attitude.

You have no more clue why that email was sent than anyone else. It was a legitimate question.

No attitude, just trying to inform people.

If @Wahaha360 says one thing and you get an email saying something else, I would go with what the flesh and blood person says. The email might have been triggered by a couple of actions on the back end I can think of.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Let's play nice.

I got a virus from kids, and it sucks, and gwertheim is helping me answer some questions while I'm not 100%.

There is add-on App that collects emails for products out of stock. I turned off the website, added inventory to test shipping. I didn't think the App was going to email people, but apparently it did even if I lock the website - that's what happened.

For preorders, I still believe taking orders when I have product in stock is the right thing to do. Supply before Chinese New Year is too unpredictable and out of my control. So let's keep it on the conservative side. If I get all the inventory next week, I will make an announcement and take orders, but until that happens, we stick to the February target.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Because of all of this I have decided to go for a Ncase M1 instead.

I guess it helps going for something already released and with more information known about It.

I feel it is more of a punt in going for the T1 not knowing sizing in mm etc despite asking many times, CAD finalised etc. Timelines have slipped and I am sure things like Chinese New Year happen every year so should have been considered in the first place when choosing to manufacture in China.

Things have changed somewhat throughout the course of this thread. From LT240 being the only 240 AIO that may fit in posts a few Saturdays ago to change of view that it it is no longer recommended in posts a few hours later due to connectors and tubing. This lack of transparency I find worrying and I hope going forward especially when the website is finalised things will be more open, honest and forthcoming.

Good luck with the T1 and maybe in the future I would be more confident in purchasing one when things are more polished.

sffanatic8

Efficiency Noob
Dec 8, 2019
Because of all of this I have decided to go for a Ncase M1 instead.

I guess it helps going for something already released and with more information known about It.

I feel it is more of a punt in going for the T1 not knowing sizing in mm etc despite asking many times, CAD finalised etc. Timelines have slipped and I am sure things like Chinese New Year happen every year so should have been considered in the first place when choosing to manufacture in China.

Things have changed somewhat throughout the course of this thread. From LT240 being the only 240 AIO that may fit in posts a few Saturdays ago to change of view that it it is no longer recommended in posts a few hours later due to connectors and tubing. This lack of transparency I find worrying and I hope going forward especially when the website is finalised things will be more open, honest and forthcoming.

Good luck with the T1 and maybe in the future I would be more confident in purchasing one when things are more polished.

I actually share this sentiment. While I fully understand wanting to release a product that is 100% ready and in stock, I wish the option was open where preorders could be taken with a note saying that orders will ship when packaging and power cables were available. I am probably not the only one who shared this view. Now we have to wait until 2/1 to even place an order and hope that everything falls into place for 2/15 to ship them. Depending on where you are and method of shipment from China, it probably won't arrive until late Feb/early March. On top of that, not letting people know the website wasn't ready to take preorders on Friday 1/3 when it was supposed to has really kill my enthusiasm for this case. So with all of the delays, lack of communication / transparency, no support for standard 240 AIO because of a couple of mm, has really forced me to look for other options. Still wish you good luck with the T1, but I hope you take these comments as constructive criticism for room for improvements for future projects.

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Sorry guys, fell asleep with laptop in bed, didn't even wake up for the alarm to make a post ?

Twice I thought we should be ready, but we were not due to suppliers. I also don't blame them, it's Chinese New Year and we are not a big order. So I did some soul searching, I just don't feel comfortable taking payments unless I can control the shipping date.

OptimumTech also need time to review, so it's likely the better decision to delay the preorder.

I know you guys want some dates, so let's say *targeting February 1st with shipping starting February 15th.

Give yourself some time off and well deserved holidays!!!

Reactions: Dapoktan

Dapoktan

Cable Smoosher
Sep 18, 2019
I'm not sure why people are getting so antsy near the end of this process.. the M1 is a great case and a great choice for anyone looking to build a case, but it is at this point way more polished and established and already on its 6th or 7th version..

this is a prototyping thread about a case that is being created for the first time, everything will be new here and will take time and unforeseen delays..

saw this over in the dan prototype thread too.. guys like Dan and Waha have said they have life things happening, whether its illness or holidays impacting delivery dates.

People not looking for this type of experience should not be in the prototyping thread, and should look instead to the established cases which seem to be more of what theyre looking for

JayRello

Caliper Novice
Jul 1, 2019
I'm not sure why people are getting so antsy near the end of this process.. the M1 is a great case and a great choice for anyone looking to build a case, but it is at this point way more polished and established and already on its 6th or 7th version..

this is a prototyping thread about a case that is being created for the first time, everything will be new here and will take time and unforeseen delays..

saw this over in the dan prototype thread too.. guys like Dan and Waha have said they have life things happening, whether its illness or holidays impacting delivery dates.

People not looking for this type of experience should not be in the prototyping thread, and should look instead to the established cases which seem to be more of what theyre looking for
Some people just want to place an order and get the case whenever it comes out. We all know the release has been pushed back a few times and if they're anyone like me, they've gotten on this thread on the supposed release day to stay in the loop so they wouldn't miss their chance of getting a case, hitting refresh every couple of minutes to an hour just to find out they won't be able to place an order.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Some people just want to place an order and get the case whenever it comes out. We all know the release has been pushed back a few times and if they're anyone like me, they've gotten on this thread on the supposed release day to stay in the loop so they wouldn't miss their chance of getting a case, hitting refresh every couple of minutes to an hour just to find out they won't be able to place an order.

@Wahaha360 and I talked about it and we wanted to make sure we can guarantee a SOLID shipping date. Right now the manufacturer is delivering cases at a slow pace. He wants to make sure he has as much stock as possible before he starts taking your money to make sure you get your case and does not over sell and leaves people waiting til March or April.

He is aiming for Feb 1st to take orders and I will make sure to hold his feet to the fire so he delivers.

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Recently rediscovered this case, but I can't seem to find an updated spec sheet since the website is down. Curious about drive mounting, side panel types, and price among other things. Did I miss this info somewhere, and when will the site be up? Thanks.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
MattyKHZ, sffanatic8

About the delays, I feel it more than you know ?

For everyone else, if you need to get a case, you should just get one that's available. Product development is volatile and not everyone.

This is also the reason I'm leaning towards to not posting too much, because every time spec or dates something changes, you risk someone being upset with the change. If I say nothing, some of you will get mad with lack of information. So I can't win.

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
No one can win on this. At the end of the day, you can't please everyone.

I think it should be okay to have delay while not taking anyone's money. A fixed and final shipment date is preferable when you are taking someone's else money.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
This is also the reason I'm leaning towards to not posting too much, because every time spec or dates something changes, you risk someone being upset with the change. If I say nothing, some of you will get mad with lack of information. So I can't win.
More than lack of information, it's lack of communication and I don't see anyone who would get upset if you communicate more, it's not like the specs or dates won't change because you don't communicate on it, and people would be less upset if you warn them before and not after.

And since the case is completed and almost ready to ship, you can start publishing more information on it like the complete specification

Also how many cases did you plan to make for the first edition? how many are already ready for shippement? Also one thing I don't understand is that Chinese New Year public hollyday is from january 24 to january 30, so why that deadline of january 10?

Reactions: sffanatic8

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
And since the case is completed and almost ready to ship, you can start publishing more information on it like the complete specification
Would love to see this!

Also, I'm sure that even the people that are frustrated with the delays (who should realize that's how this sort of thing goes) appreciate the updates. It's always better to come back to a delay and an explanation than nothing happening and no message.

Honestly though, come on guys, let's not fill a thread about this guy's (what I assume) first own case design with: "Oh my gosh you take soooo long I'm just going to buy something else!" Understand that that every single small batch case went through this phase, and if you can't wait that's perfectly alright, but don't fill the thread with how you bought an M1 or a Ghost instead.

Last edited:

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
I think that's all fair, but at the same time I think it's pretty dumb and frustrating that the clearance specs have not been published when it was literally thought to beready to be ordered a few days ago. Unless he unexpectedly scraps the entire batch, these things are final for v1.

Reactions: tsmax

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
yeah that's fair, actually been looking for the specs myself. I can understand him wanting to make sure he gets everything right once he's got the stock on hand though.

LowKeyFire

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 5, 2020
From the prototyping page I found these specs if this helps anyone(I have modified a little for current changes but don't take this as 100% accurate):

Specification

Material:
CNCed from 10mm 6061 aluminum + 1.5mm aluminum metal brackets
Side panels: Vented Panel / Tempered Glass, window on both sides
Colors: Anodized sand blasted space gray for exterior, anodized black for interior

Dimensions (W x H x D): 210 x 135 x 330, 9.35L
Graphic cards support: Three-Slot Slot GPU up to 315mm
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 70mm height (Noctua L12S)
Water cooling support: 120mm AIO at 30mm thick
Drives: 2 x 2.5" HDD/SSD
I/O ports: none on cheaper model
PCIe Riser: Included

Reactions: tsmax

tsmax

Caliper Novice
Nov 20, 2019
Specification

Material:
CNCed from 10mm 6061 aluminum + 1.5mm aluminum metal brackets
Side panels: Vented Panel / Tempered Glass, window on both sides
Colors: Anodized sand blasted space gray for exterior, anodized black for interior

Dimensions (W x H x D): 210 x 135 x 330, 9.35L
Graphic cards support: Three-Slot Slot GPU up to 315mm
Motherboard support: Mini-ITX
Power Supply support: SFX
CPU Heatsink support: Up to 70mm height (Noctua L12S)
Water cooling support: 120mm AIO at 30mm thick
Drives: 2 x 2.5" HDD/SSD
I/O ports: none on cheaper model
PCIe Riser: Included
Thanks that actually helps quite a bit! Hoping that Optimum Tech releases his video soon, he should be going over the specs in it.

Still confused about price though, is it still going to be ~200?

Also please tell me we will be getting an option for aluminum vented side panels, the steel mesh downgrades the look imo

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
More than lack of information, it's lack of communication and I don't see anyone who would get upset if you communicate more, it's not like the specs or dates won't change because you don't communicate on it, and people would be less upset if you warn them before and not after.

Also how many cases did you plan to make for the first edition? how many are already ready for shippement? Also one thing I don't understand is that Chinese New Year public hollyday is from january 24 to january 30, so why that deadline of january 10?

I don't have enough time to communicate every detail. Therefore I'm not collecting preorders, I think that's fair.

The tag on the thread is "Protyping", not production, and that's on purpose to manage expectations. The time I spent here means less time for other projects that needs my attention more urgently.

The delays are shared almost immediately, so you guys knew as soon as I know. I'm not withholding information.

400+ million people move around during Chinese New Year, so all forms of transportation are a mess weeks before CNY. A lot of people choose to leave earlier so they can get tickets. Effectively, after Jan 10, most of staff are leaving or already left. This create huge problems for production and logistics. We didn't want be any time near CNY, but we had an anodizing problem, what can I do.

I think that's all fair, but at the same time I think it's pretty dumb and frustrating that the clearance specs have not been published when it was literally thought to beready to be ordered a few days ago. Unless he unexpectedly scraps the entire batch, these things are final for v1.

The spec is on the first post, +/- <2mm here and there. I don't understand what difference it makes to wait for the launch to to finalize that +/- 2mm.

I have sort through a bunch DWGs to collect the most recent *production specs. Since I have to do that anyways on final QA to make sure the dimensions are correct, I don't want to publish until I finish the QA process.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update 2020-01-02 : Managing Disappointment

We are well over 10x more subscribers for the T1 than my the most optimistic yield for batch 1 - 200 units.

At some point in a project, we need to manage disappointment. There is real chance only 1 out of 5 or 10 will get one. We stop collecting emails entirely because we don't want to upset people.

So......

If you really need a case right away, don't wait, get what's available. It doesn't benefit us, but we believe it's the right thing to do.

If you are already unhappy, may it be delays, communication, 240AIO, etc, I thank you for giving this project a chance, but please consider another case. Why give your hard earned money to a project you are already unhappy about. For us, we much rather take order from someone who is happy. We don't have enough.

Last edited: