Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Also talking about the LT240, what screws are required for the 15mm fan?
Good question i installed them like a monkey with the 25mm fan screws. LoL 10mm of screw just there. Also, I see the point about custom tubing or removing these damn anti kink shame coiled springs around the stock tubing. Also, I couldn't get the noctua secufirm2 mounting kit to work. I couldn't get the last screw on. I think my copper ihs makes the cpu block mount too high so it doesn't fit. I used the stock alphacool mounting kit. It was a pain such a stupid design but works. Tbh, I figured I really wanted the thermal headroom. Honestly, idc I am gonna sell of these top hats and undecided on the aio. But, an L12s can cool my 9900k no tdp limits at 4.4ghz all core. 4.7 all core with undervolt works fine too just a bit louder. But the games I play don't even need more cpu power draw. So, its pointless. I figured more headroom runs cooler blah blah. Honestly, I am interested in the case simply because CNC all unibody with flexibility of aio and or most GPUs manufactured today. I really wish I had some temps of the tempered glass but I will wait till next year. Also, the io on side with SD card for photography is genius loved that.

paulesko

Master of Cramming
Jul 31, 2019
Also talking about the LT240, what screws are required for the 15mm fan?
There´s also a new line of low profile products with 12.7/7.6 diameter, than I´m using with the eisbaer LT on my ncase. The tube´s wall is thick and it doesn´t bend easily, so you don´t need a spring around it, and it looks good because it´s matte black. In my opinion is a very nice soluction.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
If you guys are going to take apart the whole AIO, why not just get the parts you need a build a custom loop, wouldn't that be cheaper and I would think @Wahaha360 would know of a rad that fits

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
If you guys are going to take apart the whole AIO, why not just get the parts you need a build a custom loop, wouldn't that be cheaper and I would think @Wahaha360 would know of a rad that fits
I don't think you can find a cooper 240*25mm rad + fittings + CPU waterblock with integrated pump for a lot less than 90€

In total for the LT240 + tubing + refill kit + coolant + tube cutter + NF-A12x25 + NF A12x15 + NM-i115x kit + Grizzly Kryonaut + shipping it cost me a total of 207.65€ (20% VAT included), and the noctua fans are extremely expensive (55€ in total for both of them)

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
@Kathdath, I know about those bifurcation cables, several parties have tested them privately over the years, the results were bad, so we never gave those riser serious consideration.

So to resurrect a long dead consideration:
Did you ever get any further with testing bifurcation? Either with the flexible "x16 - x8+x8" , or with one of the more reputable "M.2 - PCIe x4" adapters?

Can't wait for the silver and black models next year!

sffanatic8

Efficiency Noob
Dec 8, 2019
The *official story is no 240 radiator support.

But yes, the Alphacool LT240 will fit.

While I understand that there’s no official support for 240 radiator, but would it be possible to install it on the T1 on the top position exposed without the cover? Kind of like the ghost s1 with 240 radiator exposed without the top hat?

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
only ONE rad fits, and it's the one that comes with the Eisbaer 240LT. This has been said multiple times.
To play devil's advocate, I feel like there could be other 25mm thick rads out there that would fit. Not sure if they're out there, but they might. Hell, maybe even 30mm thick rads could fit with one fan if you tried.
My thinking is that if the case can support 120 rads, then the only thing that holds 240 rads back is thickness (if you want two fans on it) and length (this being the main concern I'm not sure about). Then there could also be hole spacing but I doubt this is much of an issue.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
While I understand that there’s no official support for 240 radiator, but would it be possible to install it on the T1 on the top position exposed without the cover? Kind of like the ghost s1 with 240 radiator exposed without the top hat?
To play devil's advocate, I feel like there could be other 25mm thick rads out there that would fit. Not sure if they're out there, but they might. Hell, maybe even 30mm thick rads could fit with one fan if you tried.
My thinking is that if the case can support 120 rads, then the only thing that holds 240 rads back is thickness (if you want two fans on it) and length (this being the main concern I'm not sure about). Then there could also be hole spacing but I doubt this is much of an issue.
I thought that was the only AIO that fits, my bad

The limitation is not just length and thickness, but width also. I believe it barely fits anything wider than 120mm, maybe +1 or 2mm. Just to give you an idea, XSPC TX240 is 125 mm wide.

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
The limitation is not just length and thickness, but width also. I believe it barely fits anything wider than 120mm, maybe +1 or 2mm. Just to give you an idea, XSPC TX240 is 125 mm wide.
You might be right, looking at some of the images waha has posted, it looks like the rad casing (looks like Corsair h60 2018) is pushed right up to the edge of the case, and then there's the power cable I didn't think about. But I still doubt that the LT240 is the only 240 that can fit, but I haven't read all the testing that happened so I'm not completely sure.

Either way, debating about this is kinda pointless because at the end of the day, the case was made for 120 rads, not 240

Reactions: DrHudacris

Flipping_A_pebble

Chassis Packer
Aug 30, 2019
I'm considering this case and I was wondering if you could natively flip the case. For example, could you put the bottom panel on top instead, just like you can with the Ghost S1. This would be cool because this way you could flip the case and have the fans on top exhausting hot air up instead of down towards your desk. @Wahaha360 is this possible?

FunkEngine

Trash Compacter
Mar 4, 2019
I'm considering this case and I was wondering if you could natively flip the case. For example, could you put the bottom panel on top instead, just like you can with the Ghost S1. This would be cool because this way you could flip the case and have the fans on top exhausting hot air up instead of down towards your desk. @Wahaha360 is this possible?
Yes

Kuzan

Average Stuffer
Oct 15, 2018
Are you thinking to postpone the launch a little to give OptimumTech more time for his review (to have both up on the same day or to have the review a little before the actual launch)

theexplainer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 30, 2018
Is there a specific time the case will go live on January the first? Just don't wanna interrupt the New Years Party unless needed, but also don't wanna miss the case, so I'd go ahead and set an alarm for that time ^^

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Update: just found out that we will not get all of the parts at once, so we will take orders as receive parts, just can't win ?‍♂️

There is a big break for Chinese New Year starting January 10 to February 3rd, so no shipping during this period.

I guess more time for OptimumTech review and web dev.