Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
Sorry If I overlooked the answer, but, is there a way to add I/O later on, if I order the Black first release one in January?
doesn't look like the slots are present in the new pictures but you can't really see the left side. i'm gonna guess you'd need a new front panel to do so.

Reactions: PBJ

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
doesn't look like the slots are present in the new pictures but you can't really see the left side. i'm gonna guess you'd need a new front panel to do so.
Last we heard the front panel part with the I/O will be available separately for purchase sometime 2020.

Last edited:

sffanatic8

Efficiency Noob
Dec 8, 2019
Between having to remove the coil on tube and mounting problem, this is why I don’t want to launch with LT240, these things must be adjusted or I don’t want to tell people to get the LT240.

what would you recommend to cool the i9 9900k no oc if you’re not ready to recommend the LT240? Just so that I can start preparing parts for the T1?

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
If we are getting a few answers now, a few questions from myself.

1. Do we use sidearmd.com or SFFLAB as cannot see T1 on SFFLAB yet but guess that May change when everything is official.
2.if the LT240 is no longer ideal due to connections etc, does this problem remain when using the LT120.
3. When reading about the M1 it seems the I/O on that requires certain features on the motherboard with many not compatible. Any news on the I/O for the T1 and any similar compatibility issues as this may mean those h9lding out for the I/O version may just go for the one without.
4. Again maybe to soon but would a updated timeline be available so we no current plans for black release, two tone, panels, upgraded parts etc so based on this we can choose black ASAP, hold on for a future variant with different colour, panel, I/O etc or if the former what might be purchased later to make the black version better for individual requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
If we are getting a few answers now, a few questions from myself.

1. Do we use sidearmd.com or SFFLAB as cannot see T1 on SFFLAB yet but guess that May change when everything is official.
2.if the LT240 is no longer ideal due to connections etc, does this problem remain when using the LT120.
3. When reading about the M1 it seems the I/O on that requires certain features on the motherboard with many not compatible. Any news on the I/O for the T1 and any similar compatibility issues as this may mean those h9lding out for the I/O version may just go for the one without.
4. Again maybe to soon but would a updated timeline be available so we no current plans for black release, two tone, panels, upgraded parts etc so based on this we can choose black ASAP, hold on for a future variant with different colour, panel, I/O etc or if the former what might be purchased later to make the black version better for individual requirements.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

1. T1 and all related will be on sidearmd.com
2. LT120 has the same problems. Just get the Corsair H60 (120mm AIO) or any Asetek unit, use the money you save on a good fan.
3. You will need USB-C header on mobo to use the I/O on T1, but most ITX mobo doesn’t have it yet.
4. Right now I just want to focus on All Blacks with Mesh Panels, other variants have to wait until Q2 2020, I have too much going on.

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
Thanks.

Think I will go for black then.

Hope I/O is still on the cards for the future and replacement front panel will also be available. I mainly want it for the SD card reader for photography but USB C would also be nice if Motherboards provide the header in future.

Seems to be more Z390 boards offering it than X570 which seems odd due to the age......

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Thanks.

Think I will go for black then.

Hope I/O is still on the cards for the future and replacement front panel will also be available. I mainly want it for the SD card reader for photography but USB C would also be nice if Motherboards provide the header in future.

Seems to be more Z390 boards offering it than X570 which seems odd due to the age......

As a photographer myself, I'd rather use the port on the back because there is less interference from the cable and its a direct connection to the mobo and I shoot tethered most of the time anyways.

Work with what you have I always say

MattyKHZ

Average Stuffer
Sep 26, 2019
As a photographer myself, I'd rather use the port on the back because there is less interference from the cable and its a direct connection to the mobo and I shoot tethered most of the time anyways.

Work with what you have I always say

Any card readers that are recommended? Sorry for the Off Topic comment but will help those who wanted I/O mainly for that.

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Any card readers that are recommended? Sorry for the Off Topic comment but will help those who wanted I/O mainly for that.

Anything sandisk or lexar readers, I stick with sandisk cards myself, haven't failed me yet. Just get something with good reviews.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
The build shown is my intimation of a future Sidearm build but in a Louqe Ghost and a large top hat located on the bottom of the case. I took a couple photos of the how I used the SecuFirm mount. I got my inspiration for this approach from @Wahaha360 and his testing with all the coolers. He mentioned the Secufirm was used. I used the included bracket with Alphacool LT240 that slides onto the pump block, allowing you to mount the cooler (I hate this btw). I used the black Secufirm bracket with the built in screws and the black Noctua spacers and then slightly screwed on each end till all the screws we’re able to grab the thread of the Secufirm bracket. I added a photo of a Secufirm kit from amazon to give people a good idea of what’s included and what was used. Let me know if there are any questions and even suggestions. I am still learning and I love to learn new tips about all things computers!
What tubing did you get for the LT240 because I am struggling with stock tubes in louqe ghost s1. I was trying to run it with a slim rad and one 25mm fan below psu intake like a dan case. I will probably need an extension or custom tubing because it doesn't fit literally needs 1 inch more tubing and it would have worked. I am also trying to make the cooler work with my noctua L12s mounting kit. So i don't have to remote my gpu to do all of this.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
What tubing did you get for the LT240 because I am struggling with stock tubes in louqe ghost s1. I was trying to run it with a slim rad and one 25mm fan below psu intake like a dan case. I will probably need an extension or custom tubing because it doesn't fit literally needs 1 inch more tubing and it would have worked. I am also trying to make the cooler work with my noctua L12s mounting kit. So i don't have to remote my gpu to do all of this.
LT240 use 11/8mm for tubing according to their website, and you can also change the fittings if you want to install other tubing

Reactions: paulesko