Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
Update on the Test run sample:
Everything works perfectly!

I'm staying in the library today, borrowing some library internet..
Thank You for sharing. Seeing those pics really help to see how small it is. Glad everything is working great!

sffanatic8

Efficiency Noob
Dec 8, 2019
The *official story is no 240 radiator support.

But yes, the Alphacool LT240 will fit.

Doesn't look like the Alphacool LT240 is available in the US (unless someone wants to step up and sell it, you have my money along with this case). Been doing some googling and found that the Asus ROG Stix LC240 is 272x121x27 and the Cryorig A40 is 272x120x27.5. Will both of these fit being 2 and 2.5mm thicker and longer than the Alphacool? Are there any other AIO available that will fit?

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
Doesn't look like the Alphacool LT240 is available in the US (unless someone wants to step up and sell it, you have my money along with this case). Been doing some googling and found that the Asus ROG Stix LC240 is 272x121x27 and the Cryorig A40 is 272x120x27.5. Will both of these fit being 2 and 2.5mm thicker and longer than the Alphacool? Are there any other AIO available that will fit?
Before someone gets angry. No they won't fit. There literally is not a mm to spare. I just ordered the AIO. You can try looking around or contact alphacool themselves. It will be around the same price as import. Btw, I know you guys will go full savage because I have been checking lmao. There has been one seller stocking these on Amazon UK same thing you can import them. If you are very lucky sometimes I have seen them available on Amazon US. Proof I literally just ordered on to run in my ghost s1. So, like I said good luck broski cuz this aio. Don't ask me why, idc lets say you decide to build in a SV590 and want a 360mm Thicc boi rad. Then you could simply order that rad from alphacool and just connect your aio to it. It is the easiest way you would be able to mix and match rads if you never built a custom loop before. You could use your own fittings, loops and just use the cpu pump block if you like. It's really good purchase for sff builds even if this case doesn't work out for you. Also, OP luckily is literally one of the only sources I could find for proper 9900k power draw testing with 120mm aio, 240mm aio, 240 slim aio, custom loop solutions. So, thank you again for that. Main reason I feel confidence in attempting a ghost s1 medium top hat one rad one fan build for my cpu. We'll see how this performs.
Edit: Simple answer to your question look at the slim 120mm 12mm fans and might be possible. Do not quote me on it but it is something you can try once is case is out. But as of now all we have confirmed to go off is lt240mm and we can use noctua nf-a series fans.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
The LT240 stock version has coils around the tubes, and the quick disconnect, making it very very hard to fit into this case.

I been taking with Alphacool about a custom variant of LT240 later next year.

So those of your getting LT240, be prepared to take it apart.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
The LT240 stock version has coils around the tubes, and the quick disconnect, making it very very hard to fit into this case.

I been taking with Alphacool about a custom variant of LT240 later next year.

So those of your getting LT240, be prepared to take it apart.
So we need to replace the tubing? or we need to replace the fittings too? (I saw a video saying that the LT240 is using standar tubing so i presumed it's not necessary the replace the fittings ?)

Also any suggestion for the best thermal paste to use with it?

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
So we need to replace the tubing? or we need to replace the fittings too? (I saw a video saying that the LT240 is using standar tubing so i presumed it's not necessary the replace the fittings ?)

Also any suggestion for the best thermal paste to use with it?

Just have to pull the anti-kink coil off and ideally remove the quick connect.

I think mounting plate tension is a bigger problem for the LT240 than thermal paste. Use Noctua backplate on the CPU if you can.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
Between having to remove the coil on tube and mounting problem, this is why I don’t want to launch with LT240, these things must be adjusted or I don’t want to tell people to get the LT240.