Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

pwnedundies

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 9, 2019
discussing it internally.

the case is already severely discounted, a $10 discount will prob be the most we can do, not sure how it will be received by customers.
From the pic posted it looked like the issues were mainly internal and not really noticeable. I would personally take a slight discount all day long for the same functional product, mowing that it had issues, to get it. I buy used cases all the time. As long as it's known I don't think you have issues selling b-stock cases. I bet you could easily sell all 50 day one.

Reactions: PBJ

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
From the pic posted it looked like the issues were mainly internal and not really noticeable. I would personally take a slight discount all day long for the same functional product, mowing that it had issues, to get it. I buy used cases all the time. As long as it's known I don't think you have issues selling b-stock cases. I bet you could easily sell all 50 day one.

I'll be honest... I can't even see anything wrong in the two pictures of the messed up anodizing lol.

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
it's ~74mm with 25mm fans and right at 48.5mm without.

From the back of the GPU PCB (not including backplate), to the side panel, 59.2mm.

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
If it's still possible, you should move the PSU cable to the right or on top of the gpu to allow DTX motherboard compatibility

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
@Wahaha360 I know the side panels seem to slide into rails in the top and bottom panels, but how are they held in place? Do they snap on the front panel or something?

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019
Also I just realized the accelero 3 is like 30mm longer than the Morpheus...

Clocks in at 288mm long. Morpheus2 is 254.

I believe this case allows for like310mm long cards though so it should be alright.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
If it's still possible, you should move the PSU cable to the right or on top of the gpu to allow DTX motherboard compatibility

Which DTX Motherboard did you have in mind? Impact has a 80+mm SODIMM riser card, forget about it. Then there's the issue of standoffs; the MB tray would need a completely different set of stand offs lower down, as the extra height of the DTX form factor is directed up (using the picture @Wahaha360 posted). To use the same standoffs as an ITX Motherboard would leave the extra height of a DTX board sticking out of the top of the case. Not to mention the PCIe riser card would likely need to be a bit longer. Many have dreamed about DTX in a sandwich layout, it is just not practical to adapt an ITX sandwich layout to accommodate a DTX.

Reactions: Shinken1

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Nevermind, I forgot that the motherboard was upside down, that would have worked if the aio space was on top and not on the bottom

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Nevermind, I forgot that the motherboard was upside down, that would have worked if the aio space was on top and not on the bottom

Sure, the MB would physically fit. But the issues related to longer riser cable remains. That extra length of the riser cable would need to be stuffed somewhere when a mitx mobo is used. And again, SODIMM riser card (if crosshair impact is being referenced)

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Sure, the MB would physically fit. But the issues related to longer riser cable remains. That extra length of the riser cable would need to be stuffed somewhere when a mitx mobo is used. And again, SODIMM riser card (if crosshair impact is being referenced)
Well people can buy their own riser cable, I don't really see that as an issue ( it's like 30€ if I'm not mistaken), and my point was more to add a feature to the case with minimal effort

For the impact, the so-dimm module is optional

Reactions: DrHudacris

blorkborkey

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2019
Is is still possible to use a 240mm rad? and could it be done with a 27.5mm thick one?

Im fine with shaving a little bit off some parts if that would help...

• Haha
Reactions: Floris

blorkborkey

Chassis Packer
Nov 25, 2019
here we go again...

ONLY the Eisbaer LT240 is supported as far as 240rads go.

sorry if i missed something... didn't want to read through the 80 pages of forum. Is the problem just clearance for the height of the rad? In that case, I could just use a 12mm fan from scythe or something else that is thinner than 15mm, right?