Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

newzealot

Caliper Novice
Jul 26, 2019
You guys really need to be more patient. There have been a lot of changes to the case which affected the dimensions. The more time wahaha spends here to answer our questions, the less time he has to develop the case. I'm sure there will be plenty of information about the case before/when it is released. This is not a case from a huge manufacturer but rather a project of more or less one person who makes it for him and the community. This should really be appreciated more.
Even if it's difficult because we all want this beautiful case asap:
Wait patently, look at posts in this thread, look at the available information when released, maybe look at reviews and experience from others before you buy, consider if this case meets your requirements, then buy, then take measurements and fit your components/buy new.
In sff the case is not (and cannot be) designed to fit all your components. Your components are selected or modified to fit the case.

I am just advocating for metric dimensions of the GPU to be made known as a standard for this community.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
V1 of the case is finalized, the parts are made, and it's being anodized (or reanodized). Do be at that stage, one would have detailed and finalized cad or whatever. Clearances should be easily pulled from that. All this nonsense about "wait to buy the case to measure it yourself" is silly.

Proof? Wahaha himself posted the cad (or whatever) side view to illustrate GPU length.

hetvler

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2019

yeah i've seen a few measurements online ranging from 58-65ish for the max thickness of 3slot cards so its really still not clear sadly. guess i'll just buy the cooler i want and hope it fits haha.

Last edited:

Wahaha360

a.k.a W360
Original poster
SFFLAB
NCASE
SSUPD
Feb 23, 2015
V1 of the case is finalized, the parts are made, and it's being anodized (or reanodized). Do be at that stage, one would have detailed and finalized cad or whatever. Clearances should be easily pulled from that. All this nonsense about "wait to buy the case to measure it yourself" is silly.

Proof? Wahaha himself posted the cad (or whatever) side view to illustrate GPU length.

Yes and no.

We should release when its right. I can still make changes that will change clearances in a material way.

If I were to change 1 sheet metal part and 1 CNC part, we can dump LT240 AIO support period and support 155mm tall GPU.

I can also make Front Lid thicker (less machining, less defect and higher yield), which will cut GPU support down to 310mm.

Things are set for the most part, but I don’t have problem recycling the entire batch if I just don’t like it.

Last edited:

Brude27

Master of Cramming
Jun 21, 2018
If I were to change 1 sheet metal part and 1 CNC part, we can dump LT240 AIO support period and support 155mm tall GPU.

This case already offers incredible flexibility,, but the question that immediately springs to mind is can you make a change that allows for both? You've made some pretty ingenious designs with this case, so I'm sure if there's a way, you will find it.

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Yes and no.

We should release when its right. I can still make changes that will change clearances in a material way.

I can also make Front Lid thicker (less machining, less defect and higher yield), which will cut GPU support down to 310mm.

Things are set for the most part, but I don’t have problem recycling the entire batch if I just don’t like it.

This clarification and transparency is all we wanted after all. Thank you

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
This clarification and transparency is all we wanted after all. Thank you
I get wanting more info, but it’s not like you made a Kickstarter pledge to be making such demands. Be patient, it’s not releasing Tomorrow.

Last edited:

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
I get wanting more info, but it’s not like you made a Kickstarter pledge to be making such demands. Be patient, it’s not releasing Tomorrow.

The issue could have been put to bed with a simple "it's not finalized yet and subject to change" instead of the poor guy who originally asked having his questions go unanswered.

Reactions: newzealot

PBJ

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 6, 2019
The issue could have been put to bed with a simple "it's not finalized yet and subject to change" instead of the poor guy who originally asked having his questions go unanswered.
I do understand how frustrating it must be. There are many unanswered questions, a couple of them from me somewhere in this thread, which is why I don't believe it was intentionally unanswered. I just think Wahaha and 3feetcat have a lot on their plate, but what do I know anyway.

Hopefully now that it's answered, we can go back to anxiously waiting for updates (and the final specs).

AMv8-1day

Cable-Tie Ninja
Feb 13, 2017
Yes and no.

Obviously totally your call, and design limitations that could potentially cause yield problems take precedence, but I think I speak for a lot of people when I say PLLEEAASSEE do not scrap 240LT compatibility entirely.
I know that you're tired of getting the questions about the 240LT availability and even more tired of the constant "Yeah, but does THIS 240 rad fit?" but I think that there is an appreciable crowd of people like myself that've been following and eagerly awaiting this case for it's 2 fan cooler potential above the other options of similar size.
Hope that the re-anodizing isn't super painful. Good luck with the final revisions!

Edit:
Oh, how's the 48mm cooler going? Have you had a semi final mock up to measure against the case prototype? Or pushed it aside entirely to focus on one project at a time?
GL with both projects!

Vaux

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 12, 2018
Come to think of it, does mini-DTX fit? I presume not, and it isn't critical for me in the slightest, but I sort of wanted to know.
I think it should fit since they're 40mm under the motherboard (considering the lt240 being 25mm + slim fan of 15mm)

schn1tt3r

Cable-Tie Ninja
Sep 24, 2018
Come to think of it, does mini-DTX fit? I presume not, and it isn't critical for me in the slightest, but I sort of wanted to know.
Nope sandwich layout cases don't fit mini dtx. The n1 does though.

Is LT240 support being dropped now? Or is it a consideration only? I already bought the eisbaer and the Noctua low profile fans =( please don't drop support for it, I'd have to look for another case after buying all the hardware already.

Reactions: Demon Boy Jr