Production FormD T1 Classic (READ FIRST POST)

Increase volume from 9.8L to 10.5L to support MSI Suprim X 30XX?

• Yes, worth the trade off to be more compatible with components

Votes: 116 24.7%
  • No, not worth it b/c it is not better than the ROG 30XX, which fits now at <10L

Votes: 353 75.3%

• Total voters

prava

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 21, 2017
Am I the only one throwing the credit card at the screen in hopes that it will translate into the ability of getting one? So far, no luck.

• Haha
Reactions: PBJ

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Most 120mm AIO should work since it was designed for that. Wahaha is actually pitching a parallel product (the all copper 30fpi radiator) though I don't know the update on that. Right now there is only one confirmed 240mm AIO that can fit and it should fit provided you are using one slim fan.

Most 120mm AIO though should be better than the L12S.

Thanks, edited my comment.

@rOy_bOy

My apologies, I meant only 240mm rad. Yes it supports 120mm aio's. (Standard thickness, no THICC Bois I believe)

DrHudacris

King of Cable Management
Jul 20, 2019
Distilled... like my favorite Forester 1920 Prohibition Era Bourbon. Thank you. Also, are people thinking custom loops with this case too? Does that open up radiator options?

Thanks,

Custom loops would definitely be possible. Eisbaer LT240 is expandable as well. Problem is, there are very limited options when it comes to pump-block combos. Apogee drive 2 is possible with a 2 slot GPU, but with a 3 slot GPU it would not work (too tall). @Wahaha360 is also working on a pump-block combo 48mm tall as well. Of course the Eisbaer LT240 would fit in this configuration too.

Reactions: rOy_bOy

Navic

Master of Cramming
Jan 6, 2019
Thanks, edited my comment.

@rOy_bOy

My apologies, I meant only 240mm rad. Yes it supports 120mm aio's. (Standard thickness, no THICC Bois I believe)
I mean you could probably get some thick 120mm rads in there if you can keep the cables from the power supply up high enough to be out of the fan and/or use a slim fan.

Reactions: pwnedundies

gwertheim

King of Cable Management
Nov 27, 2017
Actually Louqe lists their GPU compatibility as up to 144mm in height without any tophats.

I'm inclined to believe that number as well as the 141mm measurement from the manufacturer's site.

It was fortunate for me that some random redditor out there posted before the case shipped that he had experienced issues with fitting the card inside.

It's sff yes, but that doesn't mean I have to buy a 1 slot 1 fan ITX card. So how about getting off your high horse and actually provide some meaningful content, instead of sitting behind your desk insulting someone?

I have a ghost, first run, I was able to fit a 2 slot 1080ti evga black edition, a ssd and custom cables.

Cards are getting getting bigger, doesn't mean you need the biggest card to play the latest and greatest titles. For production purposes, I understand because of the power needed for rendering.

The heat generated cannot be effectively displaced in a SFF case due to the fact that its already so packed with the standard hardware, having some knowledge of thermodynamics and air movement.

The idea of SFF is to be small and portable so you can take it to LAN parties or as I use it for my studio photoshoots instead of an underpowered and overpriced laptop.

There is a point where you can't call a case an SFF case because the user wants to shove in so much hardware to keep performance up and temps down and it becomes too big to carry around.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pallaf

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
The idea of SFF is to be small and portable so you can take it to LAN parties or as I use it for my studio photoshoots instead of an underpowered and overpriced laptop.

There is a point where you can't call a case an SFF case because the user wants to shove in so much hardware to keep performance up and temps down and it becomes too big to carry around.

Are you even reading what you're writing?

>sff is so I don't have to use an underpowered laptop and still be portable

>can't call it sff because user wants to shove in hardware to keep performance up

What in the world?

The whole point of sff is to cram as much hardware and performance in as possible while being portable.

And that wasn't even my point; you missed my point, which to reiterate was if a manufacturer advertises their case as being maximum height for GPU to be 144mm and I have a GPU with max height 141mm I expect to be able to put it in.

That's like saying "Yeah this device takes AAA." and then having the user find out "oh it can only fit Energizer AAA, not Duracell."

I'm not saying the Ghost is bad, or blaming anyone. All I asked originally was if people knew it was going to fit a 141mm tall card.

Necere

Shrink Ray Wielder
NCASE
Feb 22, 2015
if a manufacturer advertises their case as being maximum height for GPU to be 144mm and I have a GPU with max height 141mm I expect to be able to put it in.
This is going a little off topic, but I wonder where the responsibility for this should fall. Taking the Ghost, for example, it may be technically true that a 144mm tall card fits - but is it Louqe's responsibility to tell you to account for the space needed for the PCIe power connectors? Some cards could still fit even at the height limit if they have recessed power connectors, or could fit with low profile connectors, etc. Should it be on the case manufacturer to try to cover all the possibilities? Or is it the user's responsibility?

Reactions: mfgillia

giraffesinmybalcony

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 15, 2018
Are you even reading what you're writing?

What in the world?

The whole point of sff is to cram as much hardware and performance in as possible while being portable.

And that wasn't even my point; you missed my point, which to reiterate was if a manufacturer advertises their case as being maximum height for GPU to be 144mm and I have a GPU with max height 141mm I expect to be able to put it in.

That's like saying "Yeah this device takes AAA." and then having the user find out "oh it can only fit Energizer AAA, not Duracell."

I'm not saying the Ghost is bad, or blaming anyone. All I asked originally was if people knew it was going to fit a 141mm tall card.

take a page from me and ignore that guy. whenever there is a conversation about cramming in X card or possibility of Y card in Z case, he'll be the first one to derail the topic and start telling you about how you need to compromise performance, etc to be a true sff case. dude just wants everyone to be on his side and agree that sff pc is somehow by definition 20 litres or less (even though there isn't an officially recognized standard) and that you don't need X or Y for your purpose.

btw, if anyone is interested in really sff cases and is willing to compromise on performance and yada yada, i have a case made specially for a LattePanda with an Nvidia GT210 tailored specifically for studio photoshoots. hit me up

to answer your question, normally max GPU height does not take into account the pcie connector, be it recessed or sticking out of the card. however, given that your GPU is 142mm, there is more than enough room for the connectors i believe. @Wahaha360 correct me if i'm wrong. also you can cross check the dimension of the EVGA GPU used for test fitting in the first page with your own GPU and deduce it yourself.

Last edited:

teodoro

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 8, 2018
This is going a little off topic, but I wonder where the responsibility for this should fall. Taking the Ghost, for example, it may be technically true that a 144mm tall card fits - but is it Louqe's responsibility to tell you to account for the space needed for the PCIe power connectors? Some cards could still fit even at the height limit if they have recessed power connectors, or could fit with low profile connectors, etc. Should it be on the case manufacturer to try to cover all the possibilities? Or is it the user's responsibility?
Louqe did publish a document about fitment for most pascal models, which specified on some cards that low profile connectors (or top hats) would be necessary. I know there was some outcry after batch 1 that the ftw3 didn’t fit (even with low profile connectors/light bar removed) despite it being listed as compatible and appearing in a twitter photo. I do not know if those were user error, or if some modifications happened to the case design between that document’s publication and shipping. certainly if a manufacturer claims that something is compatible, it’s on them to ensure that it is.

Reactions: penghutw

penghutw

Trash Compacter
Nov 23, 2018
Thank you that's all I was asking for in the first place. I apologize for derailing the thread.

I was a bit upset that I was essentially being made out to be irresponsible with no attempts to answer the question.

I don't mind my question being ignored because I get it, some people may think the question obvious; but I don't appreciate responding to me and then essentially blaming me.

As far as whether or not it'll fit I did see that EVGA FTW picture I was simply confused because he had mentioned 155mm max, and was wondering if that meant including PCIe or not.

EDIT:

Also my card was Red Dragon Vega 56 which I tried comparing to the closest sized cards (1080ti FTW 3)

And Louqe explicitly stated that that card could fit either with LP connectors or small top hat.

However on reddit, another user (with the same GPU as mine) stated that it wasn't the PCIe connector issue but the shroud on the card was too tall and wouldn't fit even with LP connectors.

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
Is this going to still be reversable? CPU on the left side with GPU on right?

I'm excited about this one but need to convice the misses that I need another computer...

madbrayniak

Caliper Novice
Jun 23, 2018
That's what I thought, just trying to be clear because I thought the PSU would be flipped as well.

I'm excited about this one and getting the LT pump/block and a 30x120 rad

Jayanth

Chassis Packer
Sep 12, 2019
Exactly how much clearance is there for gpu clearance? I know it's up to 3 slots, but I'm wondering if my raijintek Morpheus 2 will fit with slim fans :)

Really excited for this case, constantly refreshing my email inbox for that notification lol.